Home

JoshC1977's "Maximize Player Ratings" MLB 20 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's "Maximize Player Ratings" MLB 20 Sliders within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2020, 10:10 AM   #65
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's "Maximize Player Ratings" MLB 20 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpc134
I am playing default HOF with these adjustments:

Fastball Pitch Speed: 6
Breaking Ball Pitch Speed: 5
Hum / CPU Pitch Control: 6
Hum / CPU Foul Frequency: 3

My homeruns are down after making these adjustment. I still get plenty of walks and strikeouts.
I plan on running these settings for another 10 games. I already played 10 and they have been giving me great results.
Ace pitchers really paint the corners. Last game, CPU pitcher walked me 3x and struck me out 9.
Appreciate that, but lowering foul frequency weakens the CPU too much and is antithetical to the tenants of this thread. It's great for vet guys coming to All Star, but not for All Star guys wanting to stay away from HOF.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2020, 10:22 AM   #66
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

I want to get things back on-track here a bit.

I'm going to be honest....I do not think sliders need adjusted. Frankly, that is the stance I am going to adopt from here on out (until the first major patch hits). The ONLY slider I MIGHT consider adjusting is the user timing slider....

Let me say this though....

SDS made a significant change this year....they reduced the pitch speed separation between FBs and offspeed. I've been really watching pitch patterns, and unless you face a crummy starter, they aren't throwing that many "meatballs". The difference this year is that with default speeds, if they hang an offspeed pitch and you guess fastball....you may be out in front, but still within range to crush the ball.

This is why I think that, regardless of difficulty, people should offset the two sliders. Baseball is about timing and we need to make sure that our timing is being disrupted. Frankly, I think a 2 point separation could be viable....but I'd need to see it in detail before recommending that.

As an aside....the patched pitch speed at 7 has got some teeth to it (for me at least).

So....I'm going to say it again....if you are "comfortable" timing up a 95 mph pitch, your pitch speed slider is too low...bump it up. Once you feel uncomfortable with a 95 mph FB (where you have to sit on the pitch to catch up), then set your offspeed pitch speed slider one tick below that.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:35 PM   #67
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1

Great stuff right there Josh. Couldn’t agree more. Default AS is where it’s at this year. I’m still deciding between 7/6 and 8/7 for pitch speeds. Going to play some ST games with my new franchise using Bacon’s roster. Haven’t decided which team I’m going to use yet, I’ll probably go in blind, but I’ll use ST to get used to my team as well as get my pitch speeds where I want them.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:46 PM   #68
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
Great stuff right there Josh. Couldn’t agree more. Default AS is where it’s at this year. I’m still deciding between 7/6 and 8/7 for pitch speeds. Going to play some ST games with my new franchise using Bacon’s roster. Haven’t decided which team I’m going to use yet, I’ll probably go in blind, but I’ll use ST to get used to my team as well as get my pitch speeds where I want them.
Yeah, I'm feeling good with 7/6 for myself. I REALLY struggled with it last night with that pitcher throwing 96-97mph but not to the point where I was frustrated.

I think if we can all find a setting where we feel that way, we'll be in a much better spot to really begin the evaluation process.
Old 03-20-2020, 12:51 PM   #69
MVP

tc020791's Arena

OVR: 1
JoshC1977's "Maximize Player Ratings" MLB 20 Sliders

I also was thinking about what you said. That you prefer to try and time the perfect swing rather than just reacting at a pitch. This has been helping me a lot with not having to max my pitch speeds. It also makes me way way more patient at the plate. Great device!
Old 03-20-2020, 05:07 PM   #70
MVP

Teleo's Arena

OVR: 0

Hey Josh - have you started a franchise yet? You mentioned that you have a roster in the vault so I was wanting to know if you are waiting for the OSFM to drop theirs or if you’ve already begun one? I’ve got patience to wait but if you give the thumbs up on something - I trust your judgment
Old 03-20-2020, 08:10 PM   #71
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Yeah, I'm feeling good with 7/6 for myself. I REALLY struggled with it last night with that pitcher throwing 96-97mph but not to the point where I was frustrated.

I think if we can all find a setting where we feel that way, we'll be in a much better spot to really begin the evaluation process.
I too am at 7/6 on HOF

And default is really playing extremely well save for a few tweaks I have already made. I may have one or two more as I keep piling up games. And they have to do with fielding and making the ratings even stand out more.

You know me......I have a certain feel I like to see in the defense department.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2020, 08:30 PM   #72
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teleo
Hey Josh - have you started a franchise yet? You mentioned that you have a roster in the vault so I was wanting to know if you are waiting for the OSFM to drop theirs or if you’ve already begun one? I’ve got patience to wait but if you give the thumbs up on something - I trust your judgment
I have 2 started, one is my carryover with the Reds from last year. The second is with Bacon's fictional roster.

As far as current day rosters, I don't really love any of the options right now and I seriously doubt if the roster Ridin is working on will tickle my fancy (but I'll check it out for sure).

Last edited by JoshC1977; 03-20-2020 at 08:33 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »