Home

TheWarmWind's Impact Sliders 2020

This is a discussion on TheWarmWind's Impact Sliders 2020 within the MLB The Show Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-06-2021, 09:25 AM   #105
MVP

northmen24's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: TheWarmWind's Impact Sliders 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
Just an FYI on that front, there is a V9 coming in soon. I'm pretty confident in them too, I've been playing the playoffs with them so I'm facing higher quality teams as opposed to teams I should be crushing (even though I don't want to).

Don't know if I've mentioned it before, but team disparity is a massive problem in my carry over (where I spend most of my time). There are a handful of monster teams going around kicking the pants off everyone else.

It's trending in the right direction, talent is starting to spread, and will continue to do so this offseason, but it's still a problem for now.

Makes it hard to properly judge sliders sometimes. I want close scoring, competitive games, but a lot of these games should be laughers. Seriously there are MLB teams I'm convinced my Bisons could beat.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
When do you think you’ll be ready to release V9. I am about ready to start a franchise with V8 and 1,000 hours no injuries roster
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2021, 10:58 AM   #106
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by northmen24
When do you think you’ll be ready to release V9. I am about ready to start a franchise with V8 and 1,000 hours no injuries roster
Assuming it passes long-term testing, at least another day or two.

I still have concerns about vision vs k/9 and general offence vs defense balance. However at this point the question isn't if I like the changes I made, but if I need to make more, so I'm thinking I'll just launch V9 asap and start working on a V10.

V9 will likely be final for the HoF/Legend set. I'll need to move to HoF/HoF to make any more changes and maintain.

If you're looking to get started today here's The rough from memory changelog:

Fielder speed, fielder reaction, infield arm strength, outfield arm strength, and baserunning speed all increased by 1. Long term control testing showed that the issues I saw in the field that caused me to turn down these things so low were caused by the inflated attributes of my carry over environment, and needed to be adjusted back up. Ratios do need to be maintained though.

Strike Frequency down 1 (should be at 3 I think). Not sure if this was in V8, but after finding parity with CPU/human pitching, I noticed the CPU was a little too aggressive still. I've been much happier with the results turning this down.

Old 06-07-2021, 10:20 AM   #107
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Sorry for some bad news, but V9 did not pass long term testing. While it's true that things look more true to life out there on the field, the increased defense exposed one of the major issues with vision vs K/9: launch angles.

Raising solid hits is a potential fix, but it also potentially will flip things too much in the opposite direction, and will have an impact on homeruns, which are in a really good spot. I'm also worried about reducing the value of H/9.

Increasing contact has similar problems, and a whole host of new ones. I may need to do, my desire to take a hammer to the contact slider may have stemmed from the results I was seeing in an environment with inflated attributes.

Another problem is that first jumps are too good too often. If I could turn errors up to 11, I would. I've tried turning just reactions down, but that makes the animations look awful.

At the end of the day I might have to concede that the perfect sliders for me just don't exist, or throw a big "adjust to roster" on some of the settings. I'll keep trucking for now though. I still have options to pursue.

Old 06-07-2021, 05:52 PM   #108
MVP

TripleCrown's Arena

No need to be sorry. That’s why we like you, you’re a sliders surgeon ;-)
Old 06-25-2021, 08:09 PM   #109
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Just popped in to say that V8 is final for the HoF/Legend set, and will no longer be supported going forward. Any issues it has cannot be solved within the limitations of the sliders without disrupting human/CPU parity.

I'm hard at work building V9 using HoF/HoF, but it hasn't even entered the long term testing phase yet, so don't expect it any time soon. I feel like I'm close, but only long-term results can truly determine that.
Old 09-10-2021, 01:11 PM   #110
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Hello all, just making to post to let you all know I'm still alive and still working on my perfect 2020 sliders. I'm unsure when I'll be ready to post the V9 (HoF, HoF only) sliders, but I'm very encouraged by my current set.

Real life has bogged down the speed of testing, but it has not stopped.
Old 03-16-2022, 01:43 PM   #111
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

Ok, another meaningless update. I've basically broken down everything. My approach to making sliders, my testing methodology, nothing was left untouched. I even stopped posting because I felt the pressure of trying to make sliders for others held myself to too high of a standard of testing, one which no one person could possibly achieve. I've done away with all of that and am now close to having something I'm willing to share again.

All of this basically amounts to a brand new slider set. I'm not sure anyone cares about a new MLB 20 slider set so close to the release of MLB 22, but hey I figured "why not?"

I'll post the sliders sometime over the next few days. The work isn't done. The work is never done. There is always something undiscovered or something a larger sample size reveals. But I'm at a point now where I recognize and accept that. No point in holding back what I've got anymore.

I'll be modifying the OP sometime over the next few days. The old slider set will be a "legacy" version that I'll keep posted up, but will no longer be supported (meaning I won't be answering questions about it, not that it was happening anyways).

To anyone who is still interested and stuck it out this long: sorry for the wait. I was really, really determined to get it right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2022, 02:42 PM   #112
MVP

dowie's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
Ok, another meaningless update. I've basically broken down everything. My approach to making sliders, my testing methodology, nothing was left untouched. I even stopped posting because I felt the pressure of trying to make sliders for others held myself to too high of a standard of testing, one which no one person could possibly achieve. I've done away with all of that and am now close to having something I'm willing to share again.

All of this basically amounts to a brand new slider set. I'm not sure anyone cares about a new MLB 20 slider set so close to the release of MLB 22, but hey I figured "why not?"

I'll post the sliders sometime over the next few days. The work isn't done. The work is never done. There is always something undiscovered or something a larger sample size reveals. But I'm at a point now where I recognize and accept that. No point in holding back what I've got anymore.

I'll be modifying the OP sometime over the next few days. The old slider set will be a "legacy" version that I'll keep posted up, but will no longer be supported (meaning I won't be answering questions about it, not that it was happening anyways).

To anyone who is still interested and stuck it out this long: sorry for the wait. I was really, really determined to get it right.
Good news! I think you’d be surprised how many of us are sticking with 20….between historical rosters, gameplay and SOTS, there isn’t much of a reason to not stick with it.

Dowie-CardinalsNation

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Sliders »