Home

MLB the Show 24 The Mets

This is a discussion on MLB the Show 24 The Mets within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2024, 01:53 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: MLB the Show 24 The Mets

When you get a pitcher with a repertoire like like Manaea, do you pitch up in the zone at all with a sinker? I usually stay away from any pitcher that doesn’t have a four seam fastball
Old 01-07-2024, 04:23 PM   #50
Pro

HeadCoach2.0's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyes the roof
When you get a pitcher with a repertoire like like Manaea, do you pitch up in the zone at all with a sinker? I usually stay away from any pitcher that doesn’t have a four seam fastball
You gotta throw something up in the zone against the CPU even a sinker ball. If you notice the CPU will throw you a high tight sinker sometimes. Yeah I know that is not the most opportune pitch to throw high but dude has no 4 seamer at all.

The power hitters sit and wait for breaking balls or
his 91 mph sinker.

Dude might be better as a long reliever because he doesn't have a real pitch you can use to keep hitters off the plate.
Old 01-07-2024, 08:50 PM   #51
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

I'd like to put Manaea in my starting rotation, after all, he's still a Top 100 SP, but how I use him depends on what Sony does with his stamina. He only made something like 10 starts, and was used in relief 27 games. If he keeps a minimum stamina of 70, I can use him as an effective inning eater but if he falls below that, long relief and spot start will have to do. I also expect Sony to bump his Sinker speed to 93-94. Hoping anyway. I think there is just enough here in Queens to be competitive Kings in the Show. I'm also seriously thinking about using Lindor at thirdbase for about 30 games and getting Luisangel some time in at SS in addition to 2B. I think he'll be rated high enough to be my 26th man.
#44Syracuse
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2024, 03:59 PM   #52
Pro

HeadCoach2.0's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Of The Year
I'd like to put Manaea in my starting rotation, after all, he's still a Top 100 SP, but how I use him depends on what Sony does with his stamina. He only made something like 10 starts, and was used in relief 27 games. If he keeps a minimum stamina of 70, I can use him as an effective inning eater but if he falls below that, long relief and spot start will have to do. I also expect Sony to bump his Sinker speed to 93-94. Hoping anyway. I think there is just enough here in Queens to be competitive Kings in the Show. I'm also seriously thinking about using Lindor at thirdbase for about 30 games and getting Luisangel some time in at SS in addition to 2B. I think he'll be rated high enough to be my 26th man.
Speaking of Luis Angel what do you think would be some other realistic moves you could make. The Mets have a nice core group but their are definitely some holes there.

Definitely going to have to sign some sort of DH.
I imagine that we may not truly have the real opening day roster until the end of spring training. Simply because some of these signings are surely going to come to spring training and flop and wind up not making the roster. If Bader comes to Spring training and bats .200 or if Severino has a 6.00 era they may not see the field for the Mets in 2024.

Basically in The Show 24 you are going to have to be your own GM.

The new signings are on one or two year contracts. Spring training could make or break them.
Old 01-08-2024, 05:48 PM   #53
Expletive Deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCoach2.0
Speaking of Luis Angel what do you think would be some other realistic moves you could make. The Mets have a nice core group but their are definitely some holes there.

Definitely going to have to sign some sort of DH.
I imagine that we may not truly have the real opening day roster until the end of spring training. Simply because some of these signings are surely going to come to spring training and flop and wind up not making the roster. If Bader comes to Spring training and bats .200 or if Severino has a 6.00 era they may not see the field for the Mets in 2024.

Basically in The Show 24 you are going to have to be your own GM.

The new signings are on one or two year contracts. Spring training could make or break them.
I think Jett Williams right now is a Not Ready For Primetime player but I plan on manually playing his at-bats with Player Lock down in the minors for the first half of the season in hopes of quickly raising his attribute ratings enough to add him to my 40 man roster in the second half. I still believe we are getting at least one or two more big(ish) free agent names in the next 6 weeks. In fact I'm counting on it, otherwise its going to be a looong 6 months playing Show 24. I don't want to give up on the season before it begins, but I bet a lot of Met-heads sim the '24 season with hopes of a better off-season between '24 and '25.
#44Syracuse
Old 01-08-2024, 06:34 PM   #54
Pro

IndianSummer's Arena

Jett played high school ball about 50 miles from me. That is a very disciplined and focused young man. I would be shocked if we don’t see him playing in a couple of years.
Old 01-19-2024, 02:53 PM   #55
Pro

HeadCoach2.0's Arena

I am about to start a franchise with the latest updated rosters and use that as my spring training. The Mets have the next two months to show me that they can be a competitive team in 2024. If they don't past the test then I can't mess with them in 2024.

I left the forces trades on and turned the budgets off in case they make a big signing. I can just add them to the roster and keep on playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2024, 02:28 PM   #56
Expletive Deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadCoach2.0
My only concern is that Manaea doesn't throw very fast. You would think that for such a big guy he would throw harder.

In this situation you have use his sinker like a regular fastball and mix in all his other pitches.

You have to stay low in the zone and throw and high and tight every now and then to keep the batter honest.

Hopefully Sony will relook at his 2023 Statcast numbers and bump that Sinker speed up to 94 MPH.

EDITED - He may not even be throwing a sinker anymore, he might be just going with a 4 seamer.

1 more edit - his changeup has picked up speed also, to 87 MPH, his slider to 84 MPH and his curveball to 80 MPH. It looks like the speeds in the screenshot grab were his pitch speeds in 2022. At least according to Statcast.
#44Syracuse

Last edited by Ghost Of The Year; 01-20-2024 at 02:40 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »