Home

MLB 14 The Show Livestream (PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Livestream (PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 04-14-2014, 09:44 PM   #241
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show Livestream (PS4)

Just remembered one more thing I noticed. Load times.

In the interest of speeding up time in the game, I wonder in the future if players can't be given the option to play a 3 or 4 game series all in one shot. Essentially, if I go with QC, it would be great for all the assets to load just that one long time, and then after each game, the stats could be saved temporarily until the series ended when all the stats could be saved into the franchise. Just a thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2014, 09:45 PM   #242
Rookie

chaz526's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteM5
Just remembered one more thing I noticed. Load times.

In the interest of speeding up time in the game, I wonder in the future if players can't be given the option to play a 3 or 4 game series all in one shot. Essentially, if I go with QC, it would be great for all the assets to load just that one long time, and then after each game, the stats could be saved temporarily until the series ended when all the stats could be saved into the franchise. Just a thought.

This would be immensely helpful in RTTS too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-14-2014, 09:46 PM   #243
Pro

@legendm0de's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
Wo, if this new batting camera does what I think it does, I'm so pumped!! I can't see it well on my pc, so I can't really tell, but does it follow the flight of the ball? Damn, its hard for me to explain in visual terms what I mean! Ok, you know how when you're watching a game on tv, and a homer is hit into the upper deck, the cameras follow the flight of the ball? Is that what this new batting cam does?
Not quite Aguero, it's a camera that lets you see how the ball has come off the bat, the reaction of the defense and the hustle and strategy of the baserunning while all of that is going on. It's a very nicely done camera mode, for the offense.

You do get a great feel for the flight and travel of the ball but its from a batter perspective, as if you just hit it yourself.

edit --

It was funny, Hunter Pence when he pulled a ball during HR Derby, he felt as if it was gone, but it didn't leave the stadium so Yasiel Puig started laughing at him. That camera really gives you a good batters perspective of the hits and keeps you well in tune with baserunning strategy vs, the defensive play on field.

Last edited by @legendm0de; 04-14-2014 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:47 PM   #244
Rookie

OUSOONERS#1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
1. I agree, signature animations would be nice (and could see it as a future possibility). 2. What specifically about the ball physics do you want to see? I thought there was a good variety of hits/throws shown during the stream. 3. Those are new gameplay cameras they were playing with... so you're saying they're not different enough? There's other cameras still, too.
Signature animations would be welcome addition as it would separate the all stars from the fringe major leaguers as the really is no diff except there attributes ..In turn gameplay would look and feel diff .
Old 04-14-2014, 09:49 PM   #245
Rookie

OUSOONERS#1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
That's all they did this year?
Really?

M.K.
Knight165
That's all that I see is really are that different ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2014, 09:53 PM   #246
RTTS Junkie

BSUFAN's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERS#1
That's all that I see is really are that different ...
And in all these pages and videos Russell and Woodweaver have explained all the additions and changes they have put in and all you can see is the rebuilt stadiums ,maybe the PS4 version is not for you.
St. Louis Cardinals
Chicago Blackhawks
Los Angeles Lakers

Old 04-14-2014, 09:55 PM   #247
MVP

Awesome description of that batting cam! Sounds so cool! I can't wait to broadcast live my first game! Hey, you all will be able to see how awesome I am at the show with only one eye to work with!
Old 04-14-2014, 09:58 PM   #248
Rookie

OUSOONERS#1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
1. I agree, signature animations would be nice (and could see it as a future possibility). 2. What specifically about the ball physics do you want to see? I thought there was a good variety of hits/throws shown during the stream. 3. Those are new gameplay cameras they were playing with... so you're saying they're not different enough? There's other cameras still, too.
The ball physics look good so maybe its more of wanting to see like maybe a cut away camera to show where the ball lands now . Would love to see fans catch the ball .. Would love to see dirt grass stains on the ball .. Maybe i jus want to much but i cant understand why weather is not portrayed better ..

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »