Home

Old 04-01-2015, 09:29 PM   #105
Rookie

Bacong's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Framerate?

There's no way the texture quality dipping is a glitch, it's gotta be there to ensure better framerate. Not a bug.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-01-2015, 11:28 PM   #106
Banned

NYGiants4Natic's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacong
There's no way the texture quality dipping is a glitch, it's gotta be there to ensure better framerate. Not a bug.
I tend to agree but I think it has more to do with the lighting being implemented which is causing this as I am able to do it a lot more in 1pm games. not so much in 4 or 7pm games.

This was not the case last year and last year we did not have the fancy sun transition.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:17 AM   #107
Rookie

When I made this thread I didn't expect it to get this much attention.

In general I'm happy with this game. The framerate is definitely not a constant 60 which is a disappointment but it is better than gameplay videos I saw on youtube of mlb 14. Definitely playable and enjoyable.

My main gaming medium is the PC so I am very sensitive to framerate drops. This is definitely not the worst I've seen on the PS4 (which doesn't speak much to the PS4s hardware ) and the underlying game itself is good enough to detract from it.

I hope someday a good solid MLB game gets on the PC. The PC modding community for sports titles is just fantastic. But for now the Show is solid as hell so far.

Edit: And leave the PS3 and Vita behind. It's time to focus on the PS4, or do what 2k does and release the same game with a roster update on the older consoles. No need to spend time not focusing on the main product.

Last edited by nickthemajin; 04-02-2015 at 12:27 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:56 AM   #108
Banned

MythicalGnome's Arena

Above poster is right in that LOD issues are usually not glitches, but that certainly sounds like a horrible way of making performance better. And.... LOD issues can be glitches too that much is not debateable really.

I haven't had much time with the game but it's a LOAD better than 14 which I will say was just not my cup of tea at all in anything it did.

Anyone that has touched GTA5 on PS4 knows just how bad LODs and other things can be on a system not meant for open world ports from PS3. In general, the only team that has ported a major game well is Naughty Dog IMO. GTA5 was an okay port but they went for too much and the aggressive LOD kills it for me. I can't stand that stuff anymore after being on PC for so long with my DS4 pad.

The Show should receive a couple good patches though so we can hope. I'm just pumped they are working on such a better version of the game for 16. If this was say 14 version dropped in 2015 I would be sad. But they seem to have worked their way out of that mess and have a solid step for what could easily be the best baseball game ever made no argument next year, if you don't call this one that already.

Last edited by MythicalGnome; 04-02-2015 at 12:59 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:34 AM   #109
Rookie

Hi all. I've been asking questions to a few Youtubers who have posted videos of gameplay online. I have talked to the people I see whose videos have no noticeable framerate problems or texture issues and so far they have all been people who are playing the disc version and not the download. I know it SHOULDN'T be the case that there is any difference, but what if in reality there actually is? Could there be a slight issue with the code in the download version? Are the people who are reporting framerate problems here playing the download version? Are the people who are playing the disc version the ones who aren't seeing any problems?
Old 04-02-2015, 03:41 AM   #110
Rookie

Just as examples, all of these videos here have no framerate problems. When I play, all of these cutscenes are stuttery, choppy and have a very poor framerate. But that is not the case in any of these videos. There must be a reason:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou4fGK-3U4M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcV5bZvJW2w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--fUGgdSCmM
Old 04-02-2015, 07:16 AM   #111
Semi-retired

BrianFifaFan's Arena

OVR: 50

Fired it up this morning. I can see that it's better than last year right away. Not perfect, but playable. I'm not going to complain.

A great product sells itself, no "back of the box" features required! (See Fifa...)

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2015, 12:38 PM   #112
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryz0283
Hi all. I've been asking questions to a few Youtubers who have posted videos of gameplay online. I have talked to the people I see whose videos have no noticeable framerate problems or texture issues and so far they have all been people who are playing the disc version and not the download. I know it SHOULDN'T be the case that there is any difference, but what if in reality there actually is? Could there be a slight issue with the code in the download version? Are the people who are reporting framerate problems here playing the download version? Are the people who are playing the disc version the ones who aren't seeing any problems?
I have the digital download version. I am a PC gamer so I am quite sensitive to poor framerates. The cutscenes are definitely running at 30 or less. It's not game breaking but it is an odd art choice considering 30 is just objectively worse and it can definitely handle 60 since the game itself runs closer to 50-60. But the game is fantastic. I'm enjoying it immensely. Shame that the cutscenes aren't up to par but what can you do?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »