Home

MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2015, 12:20 AM   #89
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
So things that we have to "deal with" even after both patches:

- Progression after year 6 has each team with a starting rotation consisting of multiple Cy Young's.
I guess this can affect RTTS, but there are not many people going past year 4 or 5 in Franchise mode. While it is an issue, it's not one that the devs should put ahead of other important things.

- Runners regularly taking 2 bases on sacrifice flies due to continued poor animations on throws that the cpu doesn't do so we're pretty much forced to play with auto fielding.
I can honestly say after playing 30+ games (at the very least) I have not seen this happen a single time.
- starting pitchers not gaining energy back after 5 games in the postseason forcing you to have a 7 man rotation.
I agree this is an issue, but possibly done on purpose? It's not like guys with 80% of their energy are useless. You can also argue that many pitchers can't go very long into Postseason games anyway, because of overall fatigue their effectiveness is lessened. Just a couple of reasons why other issues can be seen as more important.

- foul balls at Wrigley field transporting into fielders gloves.
I've seen this many times, and I'd agree it's a pretty big problem, especially for people who play a lot at Wrigley. Although I have played a handful of games there and have not seen it happen.

- Fielders missing tags on runners that should be out by 15 feet.
Again, I've only seen this occur around 5 or 6 times. In real life, I've seen 4 missed tags of runners that were out by a lot. Tagging isn't as easy as it looks.

- Teams carrying 15 pitchers and no backup catcher or anything else.
This is a problem that I'm not happy with, but Ramone said that it's too risky to change this in a patch as opposed to other things. At least we can use 30 team control to combat it.

- Stolen base graphic displaying that everyone has 5 caught steals.
Is this in Franchise mode? I haven't noticed it but I haven't played a ton in Franchise mode. Sounds like an eyesore but it is just one graphic.

Hmm, as much as I love the game, the lack of competition is really hurting this franchise.
My responses in bold

Everyone wants the game to perfect. That obviously cannot happen. It's good to have all the games flaws pointed out so that devs are aware, but I think your expectations of what the game needs to be are way too high.

I don't think the lack of competition is hurting the game at all. They made so many improvements to the game this year. They definitely outweigh the list you put together.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:21 AM   #90

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.A.D.
But doesn't it make more sense to list the issues so they know what's wrong instead of just telling someone not to play, so as to have the most complete and simulation-like product?
Absolutely.

But preceding it with sentences like "Things we still have to deal with" are so condescending that its incredible to me to think that you as an adult would even think that would accomplish anything.

I've agreed with you in several of your threads on some of your issues but as to your method of making a point you go about it at the completely wrong way.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:22 AM   #91
Pro

Mrmagoo's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
You don't have to "deal with" anything.

You're welcome to quit playing the game at any time you like.
And unfortunately that's what I decided to do when I found myself spending more time on work arounds than playing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2015, 12:32 AM   #92
Just started!

The only thing I see which will impact my franchise - manage mode - is reducing the success rate of bunts which was not a problem for me.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:37 AM   #93
Banned

MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Absolutely.

But preceding it with sentences like "Things we still have to deal with" are so condescending that its incredible to me to think that you as an adult would even think that would accomplish anything.

I've agreed with you in several of your threads on some of your issues but as to your method of making a point you go about it at the completely wrong way.

My apologies. I guess it gets frustrating to see people blindly rationalize why things happen in the game when it's clear that there are simply bugs that exist that should be ironed out.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:41 AM   #94
MVP

OVR: 4

I have never played 30 team control and would not have a clue how to do it. How do I go about it? What do you have to do to manage the other teams?
Old 05-14-2015, 01:32 AM   #95
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
I have never played 30 team control and would not have a clue how to do it. How do I go about it? What do you have to do to manage the other teams?
You basically make 2 profiles. 1 for yourself which you would normally use and then you make another profile called CPU which on the team select screen you put for all the teams you are not going to control.

For the CPU settings you basically put everything on AUTO so you are basically totally hands off teams EXCEPT FOR Lineups/Pitching rotations. Those two you leave on manual cause if you are using a 25 man roster then your lineups/rotations will be followed by the CPU to the best of the games ability. Obviously when the CPU subs players in and out of the lineups it can get a bit messy but overall it usually works.

The one thing I am wondering with this patch because with using 30 team control EVERY GAME HAS THE OPENING DAY SEQUENCE/ First career home run bug/ instead of it saying 1ST double of the year it says 1TH double of the year. This also happens with Triples.

Was this fixed in this patch or is 30 team control still bugged like that? If it wasn't fixed in this patch is there any chance it might get fixed in the next patch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-14-2015, 01:43 AM   #96
MVP

OVR: 4

Isn't all this extremely time consuming? Does that mean every single game I need to be looking at team lineups etc for every team ? Will the ai still make trades etc?

Does the opening day bug happen every day for ever then?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »