Home

MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

This is a discussion on MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-13-2015, 03:31 PM   #33
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 15 The Show Patch 1.03 Available Now, Details Included (PS3, PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
This issue was fixed in patch 1.03

Will it undo all the wonky progression it already caused, or am I stuck with Panda Sandoval, Miguel Cabrera, Dioner Navarro, Francisco Cervelli, and Chris Davis stealing 30-40 bases a year until my player retires?

EDIT: I already know the answer is that I'm stuck with it, but this is a good example of why a lot of us wish we could edit players in RTTS mode. Just to police and correct things like this. Sure some people will abuse it, but it's a single player game mode, the leaderboards are already pointless, so what's the harm?
Old 05-13-2015, 03:32 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 2

I did NOT see anything in the Patch Information regarding missed tags on baserunners, which should be automatic outs by several feet or seconds !!!
Old 05-13-2015, 03:39 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Just saw a completely missed bunt on a pitcher sacrifice attempt, with the pitch being a corner strike. Never saw that pre-1.03.

Please don't reduce it any more, bunts are still going to be successful if the pitches are strikes, but the corners will generate a lot more fouls and misses. At this point I'd say people need to change their strategy a little if they still see too many successful bunts. I'm afraid it will be taken out of the game almost completely if the success rate is lowered any more.

Last edited by bcruise; 05-13-2015 at 03:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-13-2015, 03:46 PM   #36
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcruise
Just saw a completely missed bunt on a pitcher sacrifice attempt, with the pitch being a corner strike. Never saw that pre-1.03.

Please don't reduce it any more, bunts are still going to be successful if the pitches are strikes, but the corners will generate a lot more fouls and misses. At this point I'd say people need to change their strategy a little if they still see too many successful bunts. I'm afraid it will be taken out of the game almost completely if the success rate is lowered any more.
Never had a problem before the patch. I never had a squeeze play and I got bunters out frequently on low sinkers or popping up on high heat. The few successful bunts felt well earned. This is all just my experience and my opinion of course. Personally I feel a lot of issues could be corrected with gameplay, at least offline. I have never and probably will never play online with this game.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 05-13-2015, 03:52 PM   #37
Banned

vizioN's Arena

What about runners advancing a base without tagging up? Had a situation where a runner was on first, went half way to second on a deep fly ball, and then after it was caught he went straight to second and stood on the base and was safe.

Also on visually annoying bug is when a runner starts stealing on a ball in the dirt, but isn't actually stealing as a cutscene proceeds it.
Old 05-13-2015, 04:05 PM   #38
Rookie

StillFunkyB's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
We never gave any indication this was being tuned. In addition it's not part of the code base we are comfortable messing with in a patch setting.
Please put this at the top of this list for '16 franchise mode.

Thanks!
Old 05-13-2015, 04:23 PM   #39
Banned

Go Yankees's Arena

I cant remember exactly but didnt one of the devs say something about a surprise for people that werent getting the free daily packs? Did that already happen?
Old 05-13-2015, 04:42 PM   #40
Banned

Re: 103 Patch Notes

Sorry if I missed this, but I don't see anything about runners taking 2 bases on sacrifice flies? Runner on second, batter hits sac fly, runner rounds third and scores because outfield throw animation is slow and by the time he comes to, the dude already scored.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »