Home

MLB The Show 16 Twitch Livestream - Q&A with Developers (Archive Available)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Twitch Livestream - Q&A with Developers (Archive Available) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2016, 11:06 PM   #97
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Livestream - Q&A with Developers (Archive Available)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
How many times do they need to re-explain their process for face scans? Ramone explained it again (for the 5,789,453,123th time) in the stream today. The face scan for a rookie doesn't appear until the game cycle after he gets scanned in Spring Training as a major leaguer.

For example...

Rookie debuts in 2015
Player is now part of MLBPA and is scanned in 2016 ST (if the player is cool with doing so)
Face scan for player who debuted in 2015, and was scanned in 2016, appears in MLB 17

It's not ideal, but there's no other realistic way to do it given their release deadlines and the timing of Spring Training.
The player doesn't have to be part of the MLBPA to be scanned. Also, the process is optional and some guys they can't scan because they might have sunflower seeds or a wad of tobacco in there mouth.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:10 PM   #98
Go Cubs Go

WaitTilNextYear's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
The player doesn't have to be part of the MLBPA to be scanned. Also, the process is optional and some guys they can't scan because they might have sunflower seeds or a wad of tobacco in there mouth.
Ummm, yeah they do because they don't have rights to players outside the MLBPA and can't portray players not in the MLBPA. Same reason they can't give us any likenesses of minor leaguers and the same reason why OSFM is a thing each year. Now, I suppose they could scan whoever they want with their fancy technology, even some schmoe off the street, but it needs to be a licensed player to use it.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:14 PM   #99
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Ummm, yeah they do because they don't have rights to players outside the MLBPA and can't portray players not in the MLBPA. Same reason they can't give us any likenesses of minor leaguers and the same reason why OSFM is a thing each year. Now, I suppose they could scan whoever they want with their fancy technology, even some schmoe off the street, but it needs to be a licensed player to use it.
They can't include them in the game but they can still do the scan. They have said this many times.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:15 PM   #100
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 16 Twitch Livestream Starts at 5:00 PM ET, Discuss Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShowTyme15
Only affects mental attributes
I wonder what exactly are physical vs mental attributes. This is the best time of year to learn about the game because the devs are involved in these streams. He said position players start to decline in attributes when they reach 30% of stamina. That's the first time I'd heard them give an exact number. Also said secondary position takes a 5% decline in fielding attributes. I thought it was more than that, must have been re-worked.
Old 02-23-2016, 11:15 PM   #101

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
You're correct in saying they can't use the likeness unless they are part of the MLBPA but your last sentence says it all. They can scan whoever they want whenever as long as the participant is willing.

The hard part is determining who from ST is projected to be someone they may need a scan for the following season rather than two years down the road.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2016, 11:16 PM   #102
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

This game looks top notch

My one quibble is whenever we're playing the Red Sox it seems like there's a ton of Sox fans in the crowd. We have actual fans who show up now!

...at least when we win
Old 02-23-2016, 11:16 PM   #103
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dran1984
That exact question was asked in the stream. The answer was no.
I idnt see this at all, your not confusing the quesiton with update franchise rosters?

if it's a no dissapointing they said they were working on this last year, looks like i have to spend another 40 mins creating players again that I forget to put in franchise mode or waitng 3 months to get a roster 100% perfect
Old 02-23-2016, 11:29 PM   #104
Pro

agentlaw13's Arena

OVR: 9

I know they have talked about the matte helmets but not sure if they have been shown in any other streams...but I noticed the black matte batting helmets the Dbacks were using during this stream. They look very nice

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »