Home

MLB The Show 16 Video - All Jerseys and Hats

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 16 Video - All Jerseys and Hats within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-29-2016, 05:51 AM   #129
MVP

dran1984's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 16 Video - All Jerseys and Hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkalypse
Not sure I understand the whole style guide thing.

If you're fully licensed by the MLB, you should be able to get the uniforms right. I know that's not always possible but the Mariners will wear the Sunday cremes 13 times this year, which is nearly 17 percent of their home games. That's kind of a lot. And it's not like they're new uniforms - they wore them 13 times last season. Heck, Junior wore the Sunday cremes when he was inducted into the Hall this offseason. They should be in the game.

Wish I had a better understanding of the style guide. Of course I'll still buy the game, but I would appreciate current uniform options. I've seen M's throwback uniforms that I've literally never seen them wear.

Every fan of this game deserves to have current uniforms options - that's all I'm trying to say.
Ummm...Junior won't be inducted into the HOF until later this summer. The style guide isn't the issue with the Mariners jersey. Like most of the jerseys not included in The Show, the reason that it is not in is due to "uniform slots". In game each team only has space for 2 home/away, 2 alternates, 4 throwbacks, and 2 BP jerseys. So because the Mariners have a "southwest green" home alt and a dark blue road alt there is no room left for the Sunday jersey. When it comes to situations like these the devs just make a decisions on what 2 jerseys to include in the game. Until they find a way to add more space for jerseys teams with more then 2 alternates will always have this problem.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:32 AM   #130
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

And guys have to understand, or learn to, that the sun rising or setting on the right path has very little to do with having the right uniforms.

Saying that is like saying the radio show is taking time away from swing animations. It really isn't.

I would probably even bet it takes more system resources to have 10 uniform slots than it does to have the sun in the right spot on August 23. It's not just some copy and paste uniform. It's something that needs to be rendered and applied across all players in the game and it's doing that to make sure your third baseman doesn't wear the wrong uniform while your shortstop fields the ball behind him.
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Old 03-29-2016, 11:59 AM   #131
MVP

BL8001's Arena

OVR: 0

This would all be simply solved if they used a system like PES.

Just give us 3 create a uniform slots per team and show us what the template should look like for importing and let the community have at it.

And the rendering and applying is just based on Asset location. Just like how PES works.

You can have 27 kits/uniforms for 1 team. You can use any combination of 4 while the other 23 sit on your HDD. You can swap them for the existing kit whenever you feel like doing it.

A quick fix right now would be to have the devs take one of the existing slots and allow a created uniform to be added into that slot. That way anybody could swap a uniform they think is seldom used for a uniform they desire to be added into the game.

A better fix would be to give us 3 create-a-uni slots per team.

For how friendly the MLB team is with the community, and this is quite amazing, kudos to them, and how often these same uniform complaints occur and the style guide is "in the way" of satisfaction happen every year, it has puzzled me why they haven't handed a few create a uni slots to us.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-29-2016, 03:22 PM   #132
Rookie

ChadNikk's Arena

Year after year, I wait patiently to see if the Rockies sleeveless black jersey is fixed. But every year, it's another let down. Purple sleeves on black jerseys. Show me a Rockies player that wears purple sleeves with that uniform. It's always black short sleeves, black 3/4 sleeves, or black long sleeves like this:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never seen a player wear purple sleeves with that jersey since the Rockies even got those. Not sure why it's in the style guide that way.
Old 10-23-2016, 03:06 PM   #133
Rookie

OVR: 1

i dont mind so much the uniforms that in the game, but the two things are bugging is make them look right. and make it eaier to tell in preview what belongs to what.
ie:
prites: ther classic pants which are black, use yellow sturups, not black. i dont remember if real life the ey used black, when they should have yellow or not. and wast should made properly. that the half belt half waist band.

second astros throws back the belt waist should be fixed and the side black stripe i would think should slightly wider t. that looks to much the sstandered stripes with used today by teams.

just two that stuck for me.
the issue im having is telling which bbpants belong to whci top in some cases. one of them being the phiilies classic uniform worm in in 80, which pants belongs to that jeresy. home one.
Old 10-23-2016, 07:20 PM   #134
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadNikk
Year after year, I wait patiently to see if the Rockies sleeveless black jersey is fixed. But every year, it's another let down. Purple sleeves on black jerseys. Show me a Rockies player that wears purple sleeves with that uniform. It's always black short sleeves, black 3/4 sleeves, or black long sleeves like this:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've never seen a player wear purple sleeves with that jersey since the Rockies even got those. Not sure why it's in the style guide that way.
I do agree with you that they always wear them with black sleeves but I think in this very thread there is a photo of them wearing them with purple sleeves. So they have worn them so it may very well be in the style guide like that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »