Home

MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread

This is a discussion on MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-12-2016, 01:54 PM   #417
MVP

steelerfan's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 16 Franchise Progress Thread

Scooter, have you considered moving Correa to 3rd to make room for Bregman?

Correa to 3rd, while Carlos himself does not want that, has been discussed as an option for more than a year.

Just a thought.
Old 05-12-2016, 02:42 PM   #418
Pro

OVR: 3

Just got the closest I have ever been to a perfect game on any baseball game, and the funny thing is, it was against my favorite team, the Astros.

Sonny Gray was dominant. He struck out 13 batters. The rest of them grounded out straight to someone, or popped it straight up to the infield.

The best part about it was the crowd. They nailed it. The intensity was dang near overwhelming. During the 7th inning, I struck out the side and the crowd went insane. The commentators talked about how I was only 6 outs away. The 8th inning, Rasmus hit a soft ground ball toward 2nd, but we were shifted, so Lowrie had to run up full speed, grab the ball bare-handed and fire it to 1st for the out. I struck out the last batter of the inning, and again, the crowd went insane.

In the last inning, I seriously had goose bumps. I struck out Valbuena on an excellent change up that dropped off the table. Then I struck out Gattis with a high fastball out of the zone (he went for it, exactly like the real Gattis). At this point literally every person in the crowd was standing. People in the front row were turning around and pleading to everyone else to get even louder.

But with 2 outs in the 9th inning, I hung a 2-strike change up a little bit, and Castro sent to right field to break the perfect game up.

To say I was disappointed would be a major understatement.

Still, after 25 games with the calendar now on May 1st, my Athletics are 17-9 and only 1 game out of first in the West.

Last edited by UTAllTheWay; 05-12-2016 at 02:45 PM.
Old 05-12-2016, 04:32 PM   #419
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Bullpen blows it, Adams saves it..Cards 6-4

Cardinal fans were tested with a roller coaster ride as the Cardinals came from behind in the 8th to win the game against the Giants 6-4. With a 3-2 lead going into the 8th, Matheny turned the ball over to the bullpen. Kevin Siegrist is facing Diego Santana who is making his major league debut, and on the 2nd pitch that he sees, Santana belts one to right center tying the game at 3. Siegrist manages to get Span and Panik out on back to back strikeouts. When Posey comes to the plate, Matheny turns the ball to Jordan Walden. Walden proceeds to leave a fastball right down the middle and Buster puts it into the upper deck of left field giving the Giants a 4-3 lead.

But the Cardinals wouldn't go away. In the bottom of the 8th, Matt Carpenter reaches on a throwing error by Panik. Rios manages to strikeout. Holliday, who already extended his hitting streak to 19 games, draws a 4 pitch walk putting two on with 1 out. Grichuk comes to the plate and proceeds to flyout to center. So 2 on with 2 outs, and Peralta is hit by a pitch making it bases loaded with 2 outs. Matt Adams comes to the plate having been hitless on the day. After going down 0-2 in the count, he takes a ball and on the very next pitch, smokes a Sergio Romo slider into the right center gap scoring all three on the bases and giving the Cardinals a 6-4 lead.

Trevor Rosenthal came into the ninth and allowed a hit with one out, but then followed that up by getting Brandon Belt to roll into a 6-4-3 double play to end the ball game.

The Cardinals and Giants face off tomorrow with Michael Wacha facing Jeff Samardzija.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 05-12-2016, 05:07 PM   #420
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

2021 Regular Season Ends
Marlins Win Division, Ready For Playoffs

The Marlins finished 2021 strong, dominating August and September to put away any hopes from the rest of the teams for taking the division away late. In all, the Marlins won 109 games and won the division by 12 over the Mets.

As usual, the Marlins were led by their pitching staff and a few key hitters. On the pitching side resides Damian Boeve, one of the best pitchers in the game. He won the pitching Triple Crown with 21 wins, a 1.76 ERA, and 337 K's. His season was worth 8.9 WAR, which was the MLB best. The pitching Triple Crown was the 2nd in three years for him.

However, in terms of K/9, the Giants Kyle Crick led with 12.3 K/9.

Rookie Curtis Anders posted a strong season with a 3.26 ERA in 88 innings of work. He posted a 2.2 WAR, a nice total for a relief pitcher.

On offense, Bo Winter led all hitters in WAR with a 8.7 mark. He was 2nd in baseball in HR with 41 and 5th in OPS with .992. Chris Davis paced MLB with 47 HR.

Marlins Award Winners

Silver Slugger:
LF - Christian Yelich

NL MVP:
Damian Boeve (3rd consecutive year)

Hank Aaron Award:
1B Chris Davis (6th consecutive year)

Gold Glove:
1B Chris Davis
2B Chris Taylor
(2nd consecutive year for each)

NL Cy Young Award:
Damian Boeve (3rd consecutive year)

NL Batting Title:
Christian Yelich (2nd consecutive year)

Other Notable Performers

-Rob Rasmussen of the Blue Jays led starters with 19 losses despite a solid 3.20 ERA.

-Tyler Pike gave his team a horrible season. The Cardinals gave him 141 innings and he posted a -0.3 WAR.

-Rookie SS Edmund Eldridge had it even worse. He put up a -3 WAR in 509 ABs - the worst mark in baseball. Braves rookie 2B Sean Villa was almost as bad with a -2.7 WAR.

-Despite an injury-shortened season, Billy Hamilton still led the league in stolen bases. He had 40 in just 100 games.

-Miguel Sano channeled the spirit of Adam Dunn. He walked 74 times, but struck out 205 times!

-Kyle Crick was #2 in pitching WAR with 8.3. Former Marlins prospect Hunter Harvey produced 7.8 WAR. Shelby Miller led AL pitchers with 8.1 WAR

-Justin Nicolino, another former Marlins prospect, led all pitchers by hitting 2 HR.

Last edited by KBLover; 05-12-2016 at 05:15 PM.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:55 PM   #421
Pro

OVR: 0

Struggling to stick with something right now, but having just opened up with the Dodgers, i might have found my niche.

Game 1 vs San Diego, go 5 down in the 2nd as Kershaw is all over the place. He lasts until the 4th before I ahve to get the bullpen in. Then in the 7th we tie it with 5 of our own.

The Padres go back on top in the 8th, before a 2 run salvo in the 9th leads us to an unlikely win. We score 7 off 17 hits!

Game 2 and its role reversal. 4 up in the 1st frame leaves me thinking this could be a blow out. However Maeda coughs it up in the 6th, as he drops a no hitter and eventually watches a 3-run shot go over the fences to tie it at 4.

Bullpen time again, but its a brutal outing for us and we even 'balk' in a run as 6 more come home in the final innings to seal a 10-4 Padre win.

I can hit, but I cant pitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-12-2016, 08:20 PM   #422
MVP

Assassin's Arena

OVR: 6

Beat the Mets in five games in the NLDS. Lost to the Dodgers in seven games in the NLCS.

Astros & Dodgers meet in the World Series. Dodgers sweep Astros to win the 2016 World Series.

Joe Maddon announces his retirement.
David Ross retired from the Cubs.
David Ortiz RA Dickey Jason Grilli AJ Perznynski Ichiro Suzuki Bartolo Colon

Hunter Pence traded from Atlanta to Giants for Joe Panik & Christian Arroyo.

Chris Iannetta traded from Rangers to Marlins for Marlin Garcia & Colby Suggs.

Jedi Lowire traded to Orioles for Yunel Escobar.

Stephen Strasburg signs six year deal with Dodgers.
Old 05-12-2016, 08:56 PM   #423
Rookie

baseball_fever's Arena

I LOVE this tread and would love to be a part of it.

First, let me tell you guys that I have not won a championship in ANY sports video game in the last decade. My last World Series win was back in 2001. So needless to say, I am in a drought.

My franchise is with the Toronto Blue Jays. We had a strong April and we were sitting in first in the AL east following the opening month. But things took an ugly turn starting with the back half of the Texas Rangers series. We have not lost 6 of 7 and 4 in a row. We are looking to avoid the sweep in San Fran. Record at the moment sits at 17-18. First time being under .500 all season.

We have made one deal so far. We sent Saunders and Bo Schultz to Seattle for Alex Jackson and Ryan Cook.

Talks are still on going with Bautista and Edwin to get them signed on past the 2016 season.

I also created a few missing Jays prospects (From OSFM rosters) Justin Maese (AA) Clinton Hollon (AA) and Reggie Pruitt (A)
Old 05-12-2016, 09:49 PM   #424
Rookie

I love these threads too guys. It's cool to see how everyone advances through their franchises though the ups and downs and what you guys do with your prospects and stuff. I bounce around so much from franchise to franchise, but I have found a team that I love to use without having to make a bunch of roster moves and that is the Chicago Cubs. I'm playing on All-Star hitting and HOF pitching with pretty much everything turned to off(guess pitch, strike zone, etc).

Cubs @ Angels Game 1 "Opening Day"

Cubs win 14-2

Fell in love with this team right from the start as they came out with a bang! The offense combined for 14 runs on 18 hits including 7 2B and 2 HR! Arrieta went 7.0 giving up 2 R, 1ER, 5 H, 4 K, 0 BB for an easy win. Kyle Schwarber went 3-5 with 3 2B and 3 RBIs. Zobrist and Fowler each homered.

Cubs @ Angels Game 2

Cubs win 6-3

We sweep the 2 game interleague series on the road to kick off the season. Jon Lester goes a strong 6.0 inn giving up 3 R, 3 ER, 5 H, 9 K, 0 BB for the win. Kris Bryant led the offense going 2-4 with a 2B and his first HR of the season. Rondon pitched a scoreless 9th to pick up his first save of the season.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »