Home

MLB The Show 17 Pre-Orders Available on Amazon - Standard $47.99, MVP $55.99 w/ Prime

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Pre-Orders Available on Amazon - Standard $47.99, MVP $55.99 w/ Prime within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2017, 03:00 PM   #25
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: MLB The Show 17 Pre-Orders Available on Amazon - Standard $47.99, MVP $55.99 w/ P

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy25
I already pre-ordered from GameStop because I didn't know Prime did this. Now I'm sad!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
You can't cancel it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchrapp
It won't effect this game but what happens if you buy a game digital and you think it stinks - can't return it? That's why I don't do digital anyone, after I bought a digital copy of a bad game.. Like I did on Madden '15.
I generally only buy games that I know I want to play. I've only had that burn me one time buying digital - CoD:Advanced Warfare. Everything else, I am glad I bought digitally. I actually haven't purchase a physical copy of The Show since '12.

Last edited by dalger21; 02-16-2017 at 03:04 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2017, 03:11 PM   #26
Do Your Job

TheBigTee's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: MLB The Show 17 Pre-Orders Available on Amazon - Standard $47.99, MVP $55.99 w/ P

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Left Shark
Could you send me a link to the hard drive? I've been very curious lately about adding an external hard drive. I ran out of space recently and am looking to upgrade.
I bought this one...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-my-pa...?skuId=5605521

I actually purchased the 2 TB white version because it was on sale as a My Best Buy member early access deal for 80 dollars (down from 90), but you could get the 1 TB red version for 55 if looking to just bump over the 100 dollar mark.

Also I just want to clarify that I purchased the external hard drive to use with my Xbox One. I don't think PS4 currently allows for external hard drive support. To my knowledge you have to change the internal hard drive to upgrade the storage capacity of the PS4 (although I do believe support for external hard drives is rumored to be coming soon). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 02-16-2017, 04:13 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by inTIMidati0n
I bought this one...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/wd-my-pa...?skuId=5605521

I actually purchased the 2 TB white version because it was on sale as a My Best Buy member early access deal for 80 dollars (down from 90), but you could get the 1 TB red version for 55 if looking to just bump over the 100 dollar mark.

Also I just want to clarify that I purchased the external hard drive to use with my Xbox One. I don't think PS4 currently allows for external hard drive support. To my knowledge you have to change the internal hard drive to upgrade the storage capacity of the PS4 (although I do believe support for external hard drives is rumored to be coming soon). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Yeah I was talking about my PS4. Yeah the rumors are that it is soon. Maybe I should have sold my PS4 to Gamestop and just used that towards a credit for the PS4 Pro. Thanks anyway.
Old 02-16-2017, 04:28 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3
I have the physical MVP edition already preordered but plan to go digital. If I go digital and then redeem the code that comes with the physical copy, will I double up on all the packs and everything? I mean I should but didn't know if there was a way it could tell. I want the steelbook so I just plan to trade in the disc somewhere soon after release.
Old 02-16-2017, 04:31 PM   #29
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris68pj
I have the physical MVP edition already preordered but plan to go digital. If I go digital and then redeem the code that comes with the physical copy, will I double up on all the packs and everything? I mean I should but didn't know if there was a way it could tell. I want the steelbook so I just plan to trade in the disc somewhere soon after release.
Both codes should work just fine.
Old 02-16-2017, 04:43 PM   #30
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetsFan16
I do have Amazon Prime but I prefer Digital Downloads. Too bad they don't sell Digital Codes on Amazon
They do actually sell the digital version too, but you don't get the Prime discount. I also prefer digital since the load times are better as well and everything just feels smoother.
Old 02-16-2017, 04:49 PM   #31
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchy25
I already pre-ordered from GameStop because I didn't know Prime did this. Now I'm sad!
For future reference, Prime does this for every new physical video game release, and the discount works for a few weeks after release as well. So you can wait for reviews on that new game you were interested in before buying.

I'd just cancel the pre-order from GameStop and go to Amazon. Even if it costs you the $5 pre-order down payment you'll still save money. (I'm not sure if GameStop does this, I haven't been in one in nearly 10 years)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2017, 04:54 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesFan13
Both codes should work just fine.
Thanks! I figured as much but had a game that wouldn't let me redeem multiple bonuses of the same type one time so it's always in the back of my mind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »