Home

MLB The Show 17 Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2017, 06:36 PM   #873
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: MLB The Show 17 Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksInSix
It is September 24th and I am still seeing new hits, and ball flights. I love the organic feel. There are a few issues that I have no doubt SCEA will address for 18, but I am still in love with this iteration 6 months later. I also smile knowing 18 is going to be even better, and I can’t wait.

I do hope they work on in game A.I. by giving managers tendency sliders, and players too. How epic would it be to have pitch tendency sliders, or chase tendency for a batter. Also, cleaning up uniforms, and possibly full scans ( a la 2K) since they have to adhere to the style guide.

The future is bright, and I can’t wait for next year already! However, this game will most definitely hold me over all winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Same, This is the one game I come back to over and over again. For me this game is about perfect.

I usually just play with the daily rosters. So maybe I dont notice any bugs. But I've had literally no issues.

Sent from my SM-J100VPP using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2017, 06:49 PM   #874
Banned

BucksInSix's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
Same, This is the one game I come back to over and over again. For me this game is about perfect.

I usually just play with the daily rosters. So maybe I dont notice any bugs. But I've had literally no issues.

I use WTNY’s Roster (which is best in class. STRONGLY endorse.) and do 30 team control for lineups, and roster moves in franchise. Playing every single game for the Orioles. Every game feels so organic and I am in the 2nd week of June.

I find myself bending over backwards with Madden, and FIFA attempting to make the game playable for different reasons. The Show still remains my “go to” each night for a game or two.

Old 10-16-2017, 07:00 PM   #875
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksInSix
I use WTNY’s Roster (which is best in class. STRONGLY endorse.) and do 30 team control for lineups, and roster moves in franchise. Playing every single game for the Orioles. Every game feels so organic and I am in the 2nd week of June.

I find myself bending over backwards with Madden, and FIFA attempting to make the game playable for different reasons. The Show still remains my “go to” each night for a game or two.

Hmm I'll have to try that roster out. I know what you mean Madden and 2K I have to tinker alot.

This game just plays amazing out of the box. Only thing I've messed with is maxing the pitch speed sliders. I leave everything else default.

Hit variety is fantastic. Just feels like baseball.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2017, 07:04 PM   #876
Banned

BucksInSix's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
Hmm I'll have to try that roster out. I know what you mean Madden and 2K I have to tinker alot.

This game just plays amazing out of the box. Only thing I've messed with is maxing the pitch speed sliders. I leave everything else default.

Hit variety is fantastic. Just feels like baseball.

I too also max out pitch speed sliders. I do have quite a few changes to the other sliders as well, but don’t think default plays a bad game of baseball whatsoever.

Old 11-22-2017, 03:17 PM   #877
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

I still haven’t bought 17 yet. Now it’s on sale for $15.00. Is it better than 16? Also which year would you say is the best?
Old 11-22-2017, 04:43 PM   #878
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMD
I still haven’t bought 17 yet. Now it’s on sale for $15.00. Is it better than 16? Also which year would you say is the best?
It is better than 16, and for $15, you really can't go wrong.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 11-23-2017, 07:03 AM   #879
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

I bought Show 17 at launch and have been enjoying it. It's the Show! But I recently purchased it again for 15$ in the PS4 for my niececes and nephews while visiting for the holidays. I much say, it's pretty cool seeing the little ones playing and enjoying a baseball game so much they're fighting over it. Seriously, they have been playing this game since Monday nonstop over Minecraft and Roblox. I've been lukewarm to the retro mode as I wasn't a huge fan of the games back in the day. I see where they were going with it now. Pretty cool.
Old 11-28-2017, 01:43 AM   #880
Rookie

Chiefaho's Arena

I bought this at launch and it's the best sports game I've ever played. No, it's not perfect, but it completely nails all the critical aspects of what makes a sports game good. I have played a countless number of full seasons in different eras with different teams, something I cannot say about any other sports game.

Most sports games nowadays are just horrific. My favorite sport is hockey, but EA NHL is just such a train wreck it isn't funny. I've heard Madden isn't much better. Haven't played FIFA in a long time, they lost me in 2010. Didn't like NBA 2k17 much at all, didn't even get through a month of my season, but I'm gonna pick 18 up soon and see if it's better. PES is the only other game I can stand to play a season in, but even that game has some glaring weak spots.

I feel that the difference between this game and all of EA's titles is that EA's games are made by suits who know next to nothing about the sport they claim to recreate digitally, and it shows. The guys working on The Show, however, love the sport of baseball. You can really feel it in the game. The crazy thing is, I don't even like baseball, and this is my most played sports title every year. If you really love both the sport of baseball and video games, I don't see how you could ever stop playing this game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »