Home

MLB The Show 17 Impressions

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Impressions within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-24-2017, 08:01 PM   #17
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4
re: MLB The Show 17 Impressions

Just turned a 3-6-3 on a hard hit ball to first. Very smoothly executed, no awkward pauses etc

Next half inning VERY cool animation of the outfielder taking a poor route to a hard hit ball hit to his left and him having to lunge out and still missed the ball as it rolled to the wall.

Last edited by ML; 03-24-2017 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-24-2017, 08:16 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0

Man looking at those quirks is wild sometimes Kershaw with 400, 000 quirks batter with none(hyperbole). But it is a great tool to use, a quick visual scouting report.

Man the batting tape add is cool for personalization, Joc Pedersons bat looks so good.

Stadium Tag on the call
https://twitter.com/backbreaker1965/...28893741793281

Last edited by Impetuous65; 03-24-2017 at 08:21 PM.
Old 03-24-2017, 08:19 PM   #19
MVP

COMMISSIONERHBK9's Arena

OVR: 19

Couldn't pm but here's my proof
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0601.jpg (532.0 KB, 1145 views)
Old 03-24-2017, 08:20 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 0

If any of you known me, you know the very first thing I do is jump right into Legend difficulty with my sliders from the previous year and give it a go. So that's what I did. . . and wow, what a difference.

This game is literally like night and day compared to last season's iteration. So let me just reiterate what everyone else has already said, the real ball physics are a thing of beauty. When you're behind a pitch, you're behind a pitch. When you're early, you're early. When you're under it, it's a pop up. When you're over it, it's a grounder. Gone are the days when a yellow contact swing that you're over the ball leads to a 450 foot jack. You FEEL it when you hit it.

Let me jump right into the difficulty and say that Legend difficulty has been REFINED and that's a GREAT thing. Many of you probably know that I've always been skeptical about rubber band logic and whether it exists, but based on what I've seen so far, the Legend difficulty AI is just better! How? They nip corners. They change speeds. They change locations. They jam you. As for the CPU hitting, you can get them out, but you have to pitch smart and hit the meter. If you leave a pitch down the middle, they will crush it and rightfully so. I honestly don't know if I can compete on Legend this year because the AI is just smarter and better.

The fielding is a thing of absolute beauty. Remember those routine grounders that were infield singles because of the lack of urgency on throws? Gone. As Ramone said, the infielders now sense the speed of the runner and react accordingly based on how much time they have. The realism is astounding.

These are my VERY initial impressions after less than one game played, but right now, color me impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-24-2017, 08:21 PM   #21
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

Commish I will add you to the top as confirmed.

Also Impetuous65, no more videos until we get confirmation that they are ok to be posted. Just a reminder this was posted when asked about video and streaming for today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell_SCEA
If you didn't receive an email from PlayStation PR I would advise you not to stream or make videos.

So please no more videos posted until we get confirmation that it is approved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Colorado Avalanche
Colorado Rockies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2017, 08:33 PM   #22
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

RTTS has its own opening movie and I am already in love with the mode. Looks like I called it way back when. This game is going to be EPIC on so many levels.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 03-24-2017, 08:49 PM   #23
ML
MVP

ML's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
RTTS has its own opening movie and I am already in love with the mode. Looks like I called it way back when. This game is going to be EPIC on so many levels.

Franchise mode also has its own opening movie. The presentation in this game is A+
Old 03-24-2017, 08:49 PM   #24
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

My game is installing so I'm only playing the CLE vs CHI game. Playing on a Samsung KS8000 60 inch tv and chalk me up as another user who is preferring enhanced visuals over 4K. I may change my mind after playing a full game when installed.

It's so smooth this year, and the player models look so much better than games past.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »