Home

MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Here Are The Details

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Here Are The Details within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2017, 09:34 PM   #89
MVP

bronxbombers21325's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.03 Available Now, Here Are The Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamikb2001
Some say it effects both,for me regular is almost perfect maybe some slight early removal.There are others i've heard who would strongly disagree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think it is as bad as some are saying, but there some early removal even on full games. It seem like after the 6th inning, the starting pitcher is removed at the first sign of trouble. If there is a shut out going, and you score one run, they will pull the pitcher. Or if it is a close game and you string together a couple of hits, the pitcher is pulled. It isn't bad but it needs tuned a bit.
New York Yankees, Pittsburgh Steelers, Kentucky Wildcats, #18 Kyle Busch, #4B Jackie Boggs, #0 Scott Bloomquist
Old 04-11-2017, 10:24 PM   #90
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis135
Is this only a problem when using QC? Or does it effect full counts as well?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I played a full count game today and Jake Odorizzi was left in for 7 innings in a game I led 4-2 after 5, then they came back to take the lead in the 6th 6-4.

Only one game, but no way he would have been left in for 7 with quick counts.
Old 04-11-2017, 10:25 PM   #91
Rookie

I'm just sick of all my games (DD) going to the queue. They usually process within a few hours, but since 8 PM on Monday none of the five (or so) games I've played have processed.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2017, 01:04 AM   #92
Rookie

xNeurosiis's Arena

Not sure if this is because of the patch, but I can't substitute a runner. I'm in my Angels franchise, top of the 9th, facing the A's. Score is 1-0 A's, and I have Cron on first. Can't pinch run for him. Super frustrating.

Edit: saved my game, went to the main menu, loaded it back up, and was able to pinch run. Weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by xNeurosiis; 04-12-2017 at 01:07 AM.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:57 AM   #93
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by cktheproblem
I'm just sick of all my games (DD) going to the queue. They usually process within a few hours, but since 8 PM on Monday none of the five (or so) games I've played have processed.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk
I was fine when games went to queue but eventually counted. But now nothing is counting.

I had 7 wins in the bronze event but my 8th win went to queue. Played again and my loss posted correctly. I have no idea whether I should go for the 8th or wait for it to post, if it ever does. I hate this.
Old 04-12-2017, 02:58 AM   #94
MVP

LastActionHero's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
What if Call of Duty or Battlefield had server issues like this for 2 weeks after release? Heads would roll, to say the least. I realize SDS is a much smaller operation, but still...server issues like this should be resolved within a couple days at the very most in today's world. It's just not acceptable for multiplayer games to be crippled for weeks at a time.

Battlefield 4 had the worst server issues since the franchise started and wasn't fixed in the first month! Rubber banding all over the maps, I literally stopt playing until a patch came that fixed it.

Last edited by LastActionHero; 04-12-2017 at 03:02 AM.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:18 AM   #95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffy777
What if Call of Duty or Battlefield had server issues like this for 2 weeks after release? Heads would roll, to say the least. I realize SDS is a much smaller operation, but still...server issues like this should be resolved within a couple days at the very most in today's world. It's just not acceptable for multiplayer games to be crippled for weeks at a time.

You've got to compare apples to apples though. Those games are HUGE! I went 10 years without buying (or playing) a single video game and even I still knew the release dates for Call of Duty.

I know people get tired of the "we only have 80 people" thing but it's a fact. This is a baseball game and will never come close to generating the same kind of revenue as even the other big sports games, much less CoD. There is a reason the big studios stopped making baseball games.

I won't comment on the server issues because they haven't affected me, but I assume they are working hard to fix them. It won't happen as fast as it would if it were an EA game but it will happen.

In terms of game play... I think the guys who are saying the game is unplayable is about as silly as the guys who have been to 150 Pearl Jam shows and complain they the band plays "Alive" too much. Put down the controller for a day and take a deep breath. The problems will be fixed at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2017, 03:28 AM   #96
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

You have a point, but at the same time that means the server load should be much lower as well and more manageable since the player base is smaller.

From what I've seen from streams, the multiplayer isn't even very smooth when it does work. You'd figure after over 10 years of making this game they'd have better net code, especially since even MLB 2K was much smoother in terms of multiplayer from 2K10 onward.

It's just disappointing since every other aspect of the game is so good. I have friends who would buy this game, but only play multiplayer so I tell them not to bother, which is unfortunate to say the least.

Last edited by jeffy777; 04-12-2017 at 03:49 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »