Home

MLB the Show 18 Wishlist: PLUS Things they should PATCH for MLB 17

This is a discussion on MLB the Show 18 Wishlist: PLUS Things they should PATCH for MLB 17 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 06-02-2017, 08:29 AM   #105
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: MLB the Show 18 Wishlist: PLUS Things they should PATCH for MLB 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofbaseball
Your objections assume that everyone who engages in season/franchise mode are doing so to have control over rosters and related off field activities. That is a false assumption. I engage in season/franchise mode for the purpose of producing an authentic game to game experience. I despise the off field activities. I find them to be contrived and childish. I'm open to the experience should it ever evolve to an intellectual activity rather than a mindless crap shoot riddled with bugs.

Should I wear down the bullpen in game one and two of a series, I want to reap the rewards in game three. The existing season/franchise mode provides this. However, the existing season/franchise experience fails in that as soon as I start my season/franchise rosters are locked in and the experience diverges considerably from real life MLB.

You begin a season/franchise and within a month due to injuries, trades, and call ups, be it digital or real life, your roster has limited resemblance to its real life counterpart, killing the experience. You press on for a week or two but eventually give up to restart with present rosters...continually rinsing and repeating

My proposed mode certainly isn't for franchise players who want control over rosters, contracts, and training. It is for those who think the above are stupid, or believe the MLBTS implementation of the above is stupid, and opt to do season for the game play experience.

There are certainly some technical hurdles to make this a reality, but otherwise I fail to see how there would be any objection. I've proposed a superior season mode. I expect that most individuals who opt to playing season rather than franchise would certainly embrace the experience and believe it would draw casual users toward the season/franchise experience, which would be a big win for simulation baseball community.
Those assumptions are your own my friend, everyone has their own experience with The Show which is what makes it great. Their are so many different ways to play the game of baseball in this video game.
That is what I like to do but you keep assuming... 😊
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2017, 10:03 AM   #106
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'd like to see the audio get an overhaul. Something like they did with NBA 2k17 where they recorded sounds at different arenas. The sound of the ball off the bat and the ball hitting the catchers mitt is demonstrably different from one ball park to another it would be cool if they could implement something to reflect this.
Old 06-02-2017, 02:25 PM   #107
Rookie

Hardworker33's Arena

I'd love Franchise to be the main focus next year (only playing offline franchise).

Right now, it's good but could be better. I'd like to feel a truly immersion as a GM (which we are but it feels cold).

Have your desk where you can work (a bit like NBA2K) and be able to set ticket prices, upgrade your stadium (including facilities for your players that could translate in easier UFA signings)

As for the draft, being able to conduct interviews (max 10?) to players you'd like to meet in order to know them better + A LOT LESS following year ETA players that are ready to step in and contribute at MLB level.

It's too easy to draft ''already ready'' players and skip the development part. I tend to avoid drafting them since I don't enjoy having too much MLB players ready to play in my system.

Also, on GM tasks, set a difficulty (to make trades, draft and so on) : easy-normal-hard-hardcore.

Just my .2 cents

Last edited by Hardworker33; 06-02-2017 at 02:29 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:34 PM   #108
Rookie

cervin29's Arena

1. Making contact is too easy, especially on All-star difficulty and higher. I'm not talking about solid contact either. I am talking about how swinging and missing seems to be a timing issue only. I don't know how many times with decent timing but bad PCI placement I'm still able to foul off a pitch I was fooled by. This leads to my next issue.

2. Unrealistic foul balls are so frustrating in this game. Never in my life while playing or watching baseball have I ever seen a 90mph fastball popped up less than 20 feet in the air and the catcher can spring back and catch it. I'm assuming it's a leftover animation issue or something, because I thought for sure with the new ball physics it would eliminate this. There is a real lack of foul tips that go straight back to the screen or over, especially on elevated fastballs.

3. Pitcher tendencies are sorely needed in this game. Outside of a couple elite pitchers, you can't tell pitchers apart by their stuff and pitch selection. Zach Britton's sinker doesn't come in any nastier than a Bronze reliever. Lance Lynn and Bartolo Colon throw over 80% fastballs IRL, if you try to do this in the game Cpu will smash you. I know people love to trash MLB 2k but if there was one element that they were much better than the Show at is the pitcher/batter interaction. Pitchers had percentages for use of their pitches. Whether against the cpu or online of you tried spamming the same pitch over and over the game would start to reduce the effectiveness of that pitch, and increase the batters success against it. If you pitched to the tendencies and strengths of the other you were using you were rewarded.

The fact that online it's so difficult to punish guys for spamming fastballs up and in, even with good timing and the pci placed in the spot is just stupid. This is a simulation of baseball, and in real life batters would make adjustments accordingly. I also noticed the Cpu is the only one that can consistently punish mistake pitches. I am surprised at both how hard it is to smash mistakes and how many I get away with. I feel like solid contact chances should increase when you miss bad on your pitch input.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 06-05-2017, 06:05 PM   #109
Pro

Bunselpower32's Arena

OVR: 8

I'll continue trumpeting this until it's in the game. Right Stick Gesture Pitching. Do it. It's a great feature. Breaks up the monotony of pitching and adds an element of user skill.

Alternate position ratings THAT CAN CHANGE. Got a giant slow right fielder prospect you want to hide at first base? Start him at first in the minors and make those ratings go up little by little. Got a utility man that has a different number of errors in the outfield as the infield? Don't aggregate those ratings anymore.

2K was a great game in every way but the graphics/outdated game engine toward the end only. Saying otherwise is ignorant. They achieved a level of baseball depth that The Show, as great as it is, has yet to begin to reach. As such, it's about time to start looking there.

- Rick Wise

Last edited by Bunselpower32; 06-05-2017 at 06:07 PM.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:39 AM   #110
Rookie

WMoore75's Arena

MLB the Show 18 Wishlist: PLUS Things they should PATCH for MLB 17

Franchise:
Ability to extend contracts for coaches and players during season.

Ability to resign coaches BEFORE they are dumped into the the coach pool.

You should be able to assign multiple players to a scout at once as long as they're in the same region. (Or allow us to start scouting during spring training)

Change roster size to 100 max players.

Make MLB Draft 10 rounds.

Still too easy to sign high overall players for cheap if they are younger.

Reduce the number of players that retire due to poor free agent market (especially if they're 70+ overall with an A or B Potential rating )

Ability to put a player coming from an injury on a rehab assignment.

Injury severity slider and/or more injury types (seems like every time a player is injured it's 1-2 months)

Reduce or remove players retiring because of a torn ACL ,torn MCL, and Achilles.

Prospect ratings that are not able to be taught like speed should not have that much room to grow. The actual rating should always be 5 or 10 scale points away from the potential rating

Gameplay:
Ability to intentionally try foul pitches off that we don't like. It helps get deeper into counts and raise pitch counts, since the CPU batters foul off a lot of pitches. (MLB 2K had that option If I remember correctly)

Fix the bug where every time there is a pitch in the dirt that bounces 1 or 2 feet away from the catcher equals an almost automatic advance by the base runner no matter the speed rating.

Less pop ups and balls that look and sound like they're hit hard but are only a soft line drive to an infielder.

Add/Remove some animations of course.

Update pull/extreme pull hitters (they hit it against the pull or to the 3B playing short too much)

Update the broadcast camera for when home runs are hit. Most of the time it doesn't even follow the ball or it cuts off where the ball lands.

Miscellaneous:
Update color palette for equipment.

Update color palette for team colors.
( http://teamcolorcodes.com/mlb-color-codes/ )

Update uniform colors (colors are too dull instead of popping like they should)
( http://teamcolorcodes.com/mlb-color-codes/ )

Multiple uniform templates ( pullover, sleeveless w/ undershirt, normal)
**(name w/ number on back, no name w/ number on back)
***(pants w/ belts, belt loop less pants)

New uniform number and name fonts for Diamond Dynasty (replace or add)

Of course the yearly equipment update.

All player ratings should be on 20/80 scale.

Fix the black and yellow sky during the sunset problem.

More player quirks (gives players more uniqueness, piggybacks on players being on 20/80 scale)

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by WMoore75; 06-06-2017 at 07:12 PM.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:28 PM   #111
Banned

BDrizz's Arena

Would really like to see a "Clear" option for sunglass lenses. A lot players wear prescription Nike or Under Armor or Oakley glasses with clear lenses. C'mon Ramone give the people what they want!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-06-2017, 03:46 PM   #112
Rookie

A list of the top 40-50 prospects in road to the show. And also bring back league wide transactions and have the ability to see them year round. Stat tracking from year to year for the minor leagues would also be nice. In the world we live in now with so much emphasis on information and stats I almost can't believe some of these were taken out of the game and not replaced with new features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »