Home

MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.06 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.06 Available Now, Patch Notes Included within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-09-2017, 10:53 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 17 Patch 1.06 Available Now, Patch Notes Included

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
SP issue is back in full force. Playing MIL @ SD, I am SD. Go up 3-0 in the first and then get shut down. Guerra with 80 stamina and good confidence is pulled after 5 innings after having thrown 58 pitches and having given up 3 hits and getting 5 SO.

Im sorry but this game is a mess and I don't see them fixing it this year. Everything about this years game just seems off. They took a big swing this year but for me they have struck out. MLB The Show 17 needs to be sent back to the Minors for some more work and I am calling up The Show 16 back up to the bigs.
This is why it's hard for me to start a franchise because the stats will be skewed. I think this is such a messed up problem

1. The CPU pitcher never gets to face adversity

2. We have Quirks that we will never know if they work properly.

3. Because this issue coupled with the OSD's being wrong. SDS and their look at the data to see who's playing what, and if it's not being played they will not work on it, this is the problem when look at the data, and the data can be flawed when you're just looking at numbers and not looking at why.

Why aren't people playing franchise, they believe it to be about playing fast, maybe it's about stats are not good, bugs that haven't been fixed(some things can be deal breakers no matter how small) This starting Pitcher issue is huge to me as well as the OSDs.

4 patches in the OSD haven't been address and the Starting Pitcher at the first site of some adversity manager hook is a fail.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:03 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoBulk
You know i find this intriguing, and im not calling you out on this my friend, you have no reason to lie.

Its simply the variance in what people are seeing, as i literally have not seen this issue at all.

I play full games, Manager Hook on 2 and have never seen a pitcher yanked that i disagreed with based on game performance, pitches thrown etc.

Strange how some see it glaringly, others not at all.
PsychoBulk,

I'm kind of in the same with you. I have played the show since inagauration. Downloaded patch after patch after patch. I get on these forums and i swear to the almighty, that I do not experience a tenth of what the rest of the community here sees/experiences.

I don't know what to think or say....
Old 05-09-2017, 11:05 AM   #35
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
I don't understand how people could be writing off the game entirely based on one person's post based on one game with the new patch.

This is where I'm at as well.

Granted, I'm a newb, but has this happened with this game before? Has SDS ever failed to deliver?

I understand the frustration, being a Madden junkie, now writing EA off forever. But Madden has failed to deliver for more than a decade now. This seems to be a first for SDS.

.. And we're what, a month and a half after the release date?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-09-2017, 11:05 AM   #36
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
I don't understand how people could be writing off the game entirely based on one person's post based on one game with the new patch.
Im not sure where you see this. As far as I have read, I am the only one that has posted they are done with '17, in this thread anyway. Not to mention it is more than one game. This is the 4th patch and some people are still having issues.

The game is good for you? Great I am glad, I really am. I am not trying to change anybodies mind, or make any kind of statement other than that I am tired of waiting for a game to be fixed that I am not having fun with and going back to '16 that is fun for me. A couple of questions were asked and I answered them. I don't think people, as a whole, are writing off this game.

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:06 AM   #37
Rookie

Noiziv's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bimmer
Yes, don't remember my exact settings, but make sure your back-light is at 20 and your in game mode.

Why would you use game mode? Doesn't that make the game look awful?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 05-09-2017, 11:12 AM   #38
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullit
Im not sure where you see this. As far as I have read, I am the only one that has posted they are done with '17, in this thread anyway. Not to mention it is more than one game. This is the 4th patch and some people are still having issues.
That's not what you said though. You said the issue was "back" in the new patch based on your experience in one game. That's not enough to reach a conclusion. There's no indication manager hook was even touched in this patch.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:20 AM   #39
Bacon is Better

Bullit's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
That's not what you said though. You said the issue was "back" in the new patch based on your experience in one game. That's not enough to reach a conclusion. There's no indication manager hook was even touched in this patch.
Yes that is exactly what I said. It happened in my game so for me it is back. It is enough for me to reach the conclusion that I am done with the game. Why does my opinion and the decision I made bother you so much. Do your own research, if it works fine for you than great, fantastic even. Where does my conclusion force you or anybody else to do anything?

My heart and soul hurt for your lost presence in my life.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:20 AM   #40
Rookie

JYakubowski's Arena

OVR: 1

Has anyone noticed if they have done anything with the chalk degredation? I haven't noticed anything in that regards with previous patches.

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »