Home

Baseball Going Directly Through Bat??(Images Included)!

This is a discussion on Baseball Going Directly Through Bat??(Images Included)! within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2017, 02:51 PM   #17
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Baseball Going Directly Through Bat??(Images Included)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shergie51
Are u serious? You banned him for that? Wow! Cuz he asked you for something more than a one sentence answer?

its clear that you were trying to establish dominance with your replies to him. You wrote "100% untrue" to his comment without explaining or saying anything else. It did kind of look like you were telling everyone that he was was making stuff up and not to listen to him. Or at least that he was way off base and completely unjustified.

You bullied him. Then banned him. Why? Do i get banned as well for trying to stand up for what is right?
Do we really want to go down the martyr route? It never ends well.

He made a statement. I replied to it as untrue using my previous statement as the back up. I am further verified by the link above your post.

So I ask again - do we want to continue down this path?

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 08-08-2017, 05:45 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 5

Rehashing previously addressed issues reminded me that the SDS devs have been absent from OS for a very long time. Are they making an effort to keep all dev-related interactions to Twitter and their updated website? Bummer if that's the case.
Old 08-08-2017, 05:50 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by p00p1
Rehashing previously addressed issues reminded me that the SDS devs have been absent from OS for a very long time. Are they making an effort to keep all dev-related interactions to Twitter and their updated website? Bummer if that's the case.
They do, at least, still read the OS board. Woodweaver threw a few likes in one recent thread.

Edit: Wait....it was this thread.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:17 PM   #20
Pro

OVR: 24

Quote:
Are u serious? You banned him for that? Wow! Cuz he asked you for something more than a one sentence answer?

its clear that you were trying to establish dominance with your replies to him. You wrote "100% untrue" to his comment without explaining or saying anything else. It did kind of look like you were telling everyone that he was was making stuff up and not to listen to him. Or at least that he was way off base and completely unjustified.

You bullied him. Then banned him. Why? Do i get banned as well for trying to stand up for what is right?
I don't remember Millennium or anyone else signing a contract committing to providing lengthy explanations with every response. We are all humans volunteering our time here. I'm sure not every one of your posts includes 5 paragraphs and a thesis statement. Many of mine sure as hell don't.

And there's nothing wrong with that other guy wanting a more detailed explanation but you can't treat someone like they are obligated to give you one. This is just my views of course, but I treat every post here, whether 1 word or 200, as an act of generosity. Someone might answer your question with only 10 words, but they had the option to answer with zero and watch a cat video instead. So cherish every word you get.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:49 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 0

Ok but that guy devoted alot more Time to this thread and discussion...

He did not get banned because of the developers, he got banned because someone didn't like his attitude. Yet his attitude wasnt towards the devs, it was towards him.

Protecting the developers and the integrity of this site i am 100% on board with, but I just think if you have the power to ban someone here you should personally have a little thicker skin.

I will move on and not say anything else about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2017, 05:39 AM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millennium
Establishing my dominance? I just explained it - the round bat physics were added this year.

But since you enjoy taking pot shots, that "dominance" gets shown with a 7 day ban.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Operation Sports mobile app

I'm sorry man but that just seems childish. I wasn't taking a shot at you, I was simply stating my disappointment that you, being very knowledgeable on the subject, have the time to put me down, but don't have the time to offer a detailed explanation.

To be honest I still don't think we completely understand each other. I know the physics are different this year, but I am talking about how the user input to the analog stick affects bat path, and how that relates to contact. It doesn't matter that the game now understands that the bat is round... we're playing a video game and the screen is still flat.

I took time to explain what I thought was a correct answer, and when you made it clear that I was incorrect I didn't argue, I simply asked for you to take some time to educate us. That is how a community is supposed to work.

Old 08-10-2017, 05:45 AM   #23
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I don't remember Millennium or anyone else signing a contract committing to providing lengthy explanations with every response. We are all humans volunteering our time here. I'm sure not every one of your posts includes 5 paragraphs and a thesis statement. Many of mine sure as hell don't.

And there's nothing wrong with that other guy wanting a more detailed explanation but you can't treat someone like they are obligated to give you one. This is just my views of course, but I treat every post here, whether 1 word or 200, as an act of generosity. Someone might answer your question with only 10 words, but they had the option to answer with zero and watch a cat video instead. So cherish every word you get.

I don't feel that I was acting entitled in any way. If I was, that is not how it was intended.

In some circumstances you are correct, a lengthy answer may never come and we should be happy with whatever we get. But in this case, my post was the most detailed in the thread to that point. If it is wrong, then surely it is worth the time to explain the correct answers?

He took the time to read my post, ban me, and then come back to the thread and taunt me. Surely that time could been used to better the community instead of driving me away from it?

Old 08-10-2017, 05:53 AM   #24
Banned

Quote:

I appreciate you defending me multiple times. To be honest, for the first few days I just thought something was wrong with my iPhone. Then I went on the desktop site and was shocked to read that I had been banned!

Seemed like it fell of deaf ears but still, the response was appreciated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »