Home

Do you guys get bored with MLB The Show?

This is a discussion on Do you guys get bored with MLB The Show? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-14-2018, 05:20 PM   #97

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Do you guys get bored with MLB The Show?

Both the instigator and the user who went with it are now banned so we can move on.

Please note though for any future interactions any of you may have, one is only temporary banned because he made one dumb comment. The other user chose to double down on his poor posting choices and won't be back.

Second Edit: Also, just as a heads up to everyone since it was mentioned, it's important to know that mods CANNOT see original posts after they've been edited so it is important to report them before an edit is done. When it's reported we see the original post at the time of the report rather than any other edit.

We CAN see deleted posts.

Last edited by kehlis; 03-14-2018 at 05:29 PM. Reason: Awkward typo.
Old 03-14-2018, 05:57 PM   #98
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
To be honest last year I became bored with it. I play franchise mode and it has become very stale. The mode hasn't changed very much over the years.

I love the gameplay, but need to be immersed in team building to hold my hook. I love baseball and watch every Yankee game.

Since 09 small tweaks have been added like expanded stat tracking(which is still behind other sports games).

Many of the legacy issues like financial, players salaries(more money in arbitration than free agency) have gone untouched. August trades still don't function correct and even when the top 50 prospect icon was added it was to be expanded on.

It seemed last year if I did a sim with 16 I would have the same results with 17. The mode needs major work.

I really enjoy Association mode in nba and would like to see the depth of that mode in mlb.

I preordered mlb in hopes of some movement, but honestly hope there are some major changes or else don't see it holding my attention long.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I feel the exact same way. What really sucks is this game used to blow me away year after year but now it’s close to me not caring much at all.

Part of that comes from playing so much over the last few years but part is also that the direction the game is going really doesn’t cater to me at all. I will never care about online modes. The reality is that these guys aren’t my personal game developers and clearly they are making a game they believe the people want. Apparently esports is more popular than nfl football for young males so I guess I’m finally the old guy and soon I’ll be talking bout the good ole days.

We will have to see what gets talked about in franchise but the late release of information has me very worried. Feels like trying to get a few more preorders in before the bomb drops scenario but again it is what it is.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:23 PM   #99
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
Both the instigator and the user who went with it are now banned so we can move on.

Please note though for any future interactions any of you may have, one is only temporary banned because he made one dumb comment. The other user chose to double down on his poor posting choices and won't be back.

Second Edit: Also, just as a heads up to everyone since it was mentioned, it's important to know that mods CANNOT see original posts after they've been edited so it is important to report them before an edit is done. When it's reported we see the original post at the time of the report rather than any other edit.

Are you talking about me who started this thread? I am not banned.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:24 PM   #100

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElvisP41174
Are you talking about me who started this thread? I am not banned.
No, starting the thread had nothing to do with what transpired throughout the course of it.
Old 03-14-2018, 07:55 PM   #101
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyacinth1
Other than 17 Yes. I use to get the show , play it for 2 weeks , then sell it off.

17 was different. I still have it and will probably trade it in next week for 18 preorder.
Different how?
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2018, 09:04 PM   #102
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis

Awesome. Thanks Kehlis. This is why I quoted such a post to make sure you guys can see that. I will keep this in mind.

Will now drop as I am not contributing to the point at hand.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:05 PM   #103
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1

I agree with the OP here. I got bored of the past 2 MLB The Shows as well. As a pure franchise mode player I just couldn't get into it because it had become stale. It actually got me into the OOTP games.

Looking forward to seeing what they do with franchise mode this year though.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:38 PM   #104
Pro

garyjr33's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabarnes19
To be honest last year I became bored with it. I play franchise mode and it has become very stale. The mode hasn't changed very much over the years.

I love the gameplay, but need to be immersed in team building to hold my hook. I love baseball and watch every Yankee game.

Since 09 small tweaks have been added like expanded stat tracking(which is still behind other sports games).

Many of the legacy issues like financial, players salaries(more money in arbitration than free agency) have gone untouched. August trades still don't function correct and even when the top 50 prospect icon was added it was to be expanded on.

It seemed last year if I did a sim with 16 I would have the same results with 17. The mode needs major work.

I really enjoy Association mode in nba and would like to see the depth of that mode in mlb.

I preordered mlb in hopes of some movement, but honestly hope there are some major changes or else don't see it holding my attention long.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Yeah it was weird that I became a little bored with franchise this year too. I ended up playing mostly DD surprisingly. I am really holding out hope for some great improvements in tomorrow franchise stream.
NCAAF: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette
NCCAB: Illinois Fighting Illini, Lafayette

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »