Home

Strikeforce: Henderson v. Shields (April)

This is a discussion on Strikeforce: Henderson v. Shields (April) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 02-09-2010, 04:58 PM   #25
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: Strikeforce returns to CBS in April with Fedor and Hendo (not fighting each other

Walker wants in on this too. They'll have to find someone else to pull off the street.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2010, 12:00 AM   #26
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Strikeforce returns to CBS in April with Fedor and Hendo (not fighting each other

Quote:
Originally Posted by xprodigy89
i dont even care who he fights honestly, any fight with fedor catches my eye right away, he's the biggest name in mma
sadly thats all he really is these days, is a big name. A big name beating up on mediocre competition. Reminds me of Rocky Balboa before he finally got some balls and fought Clubber Lang.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:59 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
sadly thats all he really is these days, is a big name. A big name beating up on mediocre competition. Reminds me of Rocky Balboa before he finally got some balls and fought Clubber Lang.
Exactly - that's the problem with complacency. It allows Fedor to be matched up with fighters well below his level because people will keep watching it regardless. As long as people are fine with Fedor just fighting whoever, he's never going to fight anyone worth mentioning again.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:15 PM   #28
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Fatigue
Exactly - that's the problem with complacency. It allows Fedor to be matched up with fighters well below his level because people will keep watching it regardless. As long as people are fine with Fedor just fighting whoever, he's never going to fight anyone worth mentioning again.
It's funny, if Fedor were Floyd Mayweather, people would be ripping him for ducking top level fighters and taking easy fights like they do to Floyd. But since Fedor was reguarded as the top heavyweight before MMA really took off in popularity, people just continue to give him that reputation even though he is fighting mid level talent.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:18 PM   #29
goh
Banned

Despite that...is there a better HW? Would you put Overeem,dos Santos,Cain,Carwin,Brock or Mir above him right NOW?

Saying he's the best P4P I have a problem with but best HW? I find it hard to reason against though I would like to and do agree he should actually go fight those guys to find out.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:28 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by goh
Despite that...is there a better HW? Would you put Overeem,dos Santos,Cain,Carwin,Brock or Mir above him right NOW?
I wouldn't put him above Mir, Brock, or Nog right now either, though.

I want to see him fight the best to prove he's the best. Until then, I'm going to believe any of those three could beat him right now... I'll hold off on Cain until I see what he does against Nog. I'm interested in that fight.
Old 02-11-2010, 11:11 PM   #31
goh
Banned

Nog already got 2 and a half whuppins. That's why I didn't include him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 04:55 PM   #32
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

According to MMA Junkie, The Werdum/Fedor fight will be in May and the CBS card will not feature Fedor.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »