Home

UFC 2010 Undisputed Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on UFC 2010 Undisputed Demo Available, Post Impressions Here within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-03-2010, 11:53 AM   #417
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: UFC 2010 Undisputed Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrm187
also do leg kicks make the opponent much slower or do they limp at all, havent noticed much myself

and can a fight stop due to cuts? havent seen it (edit: been confirmed its not in this year, oh well thanks)
If you land enough leg kicks the opposing fighter will eventually look like he is walking in quicksand (extremely noticeable) and be slower on lunging strikes.. they also seem to struggle more with takedown defense but I'm not sure.

Haven't seen a fight stopped due to cuts but earlier in this post someone said that a round was paused so a doctor could check out a cut. I don't generally get many cuts but it seems the best way to do so is with repeated weak strikes on the ground (non-postured up strikes) and standup elbows.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:58 AM   #418
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63

Fatigue is ON - You can test this yourself by turning on the Stamina bar once you are in a fight just hit start, go to options and turn it on. Temp stamina and Perm stamina are there.

Cuts are on. Happen to quick.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:37 PM   #419
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrm187
Ive noticed it quite a bit after I control someone on the ground for a while - getting up they go into the fatigue stance (like last year) it seems toned down a bit though

3 questions -

does spinng the RS still prevent take downs? I know its more ratings based this year but only if I hit back on the RS before the shot am I able to stop it usually.

also do leg kicks make the opponent much slower or do they limp at all, havent noticed much myself

and can a fight stop due to cuts? havent seen it (edit: been confirmed its not in this year, oh well thanks)

how do you posture up when you're in mount?
Old 05-03-2010, 12:40 PM   #420
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by filtertmp
If you land enough leg kicks the opposing fighter will eventually look like he is walking in quicksand (extremely noticeable) and be slower on lunging strikes.. they also seem to struggle more with takedown defense but I'm not sure.

Haven't seen a fight stopped due to cuts but earlier in this post someone said that a round was paused so a doctor could check out a cut. I don't generally get many cuts but it seems the best way to do so is with repeated weak strikes on the ground (non-postured up strikes) and standup elbows.
I have also had a fight paused due to a cut over my eye, I was fighting as Rampage. It shocked me as the doctor came in and looked at me, then the fight resumed. Nice addition.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:08 PM   #421
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA1NT401
JUst thought of something...Only had about 15-18 fights as i had limited time this weekend to play the DEMO...But i noticed noone got cut,bruised or didnt have any swelling to speak of.

Is facial damage and blood turned off for the DEMO?

Means nothing towards gameplay, but is a requirement IMHO....Just curious. If it is turned ON...Maybe i just didnt notice it or they lessened the effect (wasnt thrilled with it in 09).
no, all my fights have had blood and using Machida his left eye was swollen shut after the first round in one of them
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-03-2010, 01:11 PM   #422
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjizzle
how do you posture up when you're in mount?
Press downwards with right stick + either right or left depending on weather your facing them left/right side of case.

You have to do it carefully or one motion at a time, cause if you do it fast, that would trigger transition.

My experience is starting to get better at expert since I have mixed it up. I try to work on their leg first with leg kicks, that helps a lot.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:14 PM   #423
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Cuts happen way too cut. If not I am going to see a thousand Kenny Florians online trying to win by cut. I mean seriously if you use a muay thai fighter, just throw one good solid elbow and they get cut.

Fatigue is definitely there. Against the cpu on expert you can't really tell though. But against another human or any level below expert and you can clearly tell.

I an just loving the leg kicks. Can't wait to play as Jardine. Also did anybody else notice how different fighters sway quicker then others ????

Rashad and Machida can sway super fast and they lean further too compared to Shogun and Rampage.

I think Shogun has the slowest sway on the demo. he barely moves.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:43 PM   #424
MVP

sb24's Arena

OVR: 28

Overall..... I am not sure how I feel about the game. I really like somethings, others are kinda annoying. Many have already been talked about in the thread.

We need a startegy or a how-to thread about many of the small changes that have been made. Right now I have no idea what this posture system is but have still been able to get mount and win with ground and pound.

I have played at least 20 fights or so on expert and was disappointed. I won almost all my fights with the losses coming during flash knockouts. The times the cpu did take me down it was to easy to get back up. I really have to log some more time before I decide but part of my intrest is fading.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »