Home

EA Sports MMA Patch Details

This is a discussion on EA Sports MMA Patch Details within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2010, 11:49 AM   #25
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: EA Sports MMA Patch Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You should care though. I dont think this patch will fix every issue with the game and if the game doesnt sell...there goes the chance of multiple patches or either future versions. The game is good but its no where close to being perfect. I want them to build on this game and thats not likely to happen if no one buys it.
Here's the thing, I like the game, am happy with, enjoy it, and am playing it now as a matter of fact. If they never patched it, it wouldn't bother me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2010, 09:25 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 0

No tweaks to the stamina for striking? Right now stamina is way too high and allows for completely unrealistic stats.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:24 AM   #27
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

I'd kinda like if they toned down the CPU choke ability on the higher levels...it's so easy on medium, but put it up on the top level and it's impossible to choke or get out of a choke vs. the CPU...Even with a submission master.
Old 11-16-2010, 03:15 PM   #28
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Using OS as a barometer to determine if a game will sell is a very bad move. Looking at this forum, you would think that Madden was the worst football game ever invented and Backbreaker is flying off the shelves.

I like EA MMA alot. I think its a much better game than UFC 2010. That doesnt change the fact that most people only know the UFC. They want the game with the UFC fighters. Fighters theyve heard of like GSP, Silva, Brock, Chuck. Most casual fans dont know who Fedor or Nick
Diaz is. They know Couture and thats it. Thats the reason why the game isnt selling. Its not because they arent promoting it (I saw 5 EA MMA commercials during WEC 52 last night.) Its because to most people the UFC is the only brand that matters in MMA.
I'm not using just OS as a barometer. I have spoken to plenty of people at my work and at school who say that they want the game, but are wanting to use what spare money they have on CoD or Fallout:New Vegas. The holiday season and a slight price drop will get sales up, but as long as the game is $30-40 bucks more than the competition, then the sales numbers will never look as good. And besides, Randy Couture and Fedor are two of the most popular faces of MMA. I believe when the holidays are over that EA MMA will be a steady seller, and will rebound nicely.

MMA is a worldwide sport, and UFC is the biggest promotion, but if you look at all the MMA websites out there right now, then you will see that the hits and members of those websites are sky rocketing, and MMA events that are being televised are being watched in record numbers for the sport, thats including non UFC events. People are waiting for a price drop, or to get EA MMA as a present for the holidays.

Last edited by CYST2000; 11-16-2010 at 03:20 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:32 PM   #29
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYST2000
I'm not using just OS as a barometer. I have spoken to plenty of people at my work and at school who say that they want the game, but are wanting to use what spare money they have on CoD or Fallout:New Vegas. The holiday season and a slight price drop will get sales up, but as long as the game is $30-40 bucks more than the competition, then the sales numbers will never look as good. And besides, Randy Couture and Fedor are two of the most popular faces of MMA. I believe when the holidays are over that EA MMA will be a steady seller, and will rebound nicely.

MMA is a worldwide sport, and UFC is the biggest promotion, but if you look at all the MMA websites out there right now, then you will see that the hits and members of those websites are sky rocketing, and MMA events that are being televised are being watched in record numbers for the sport, thats including non UFC events. People are waiting for a price drop, or to get EA MMA as a present for the holidays.
Walk up to a casual MMA fan, but they never heard of Fedor. It's also been said, their are 10x more UFC fans than MMA fans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »