Home

EA Has Acquired the UFC License, Will Develop New UFC Game

This is a discussion on EA Has Acquired the UFC License, Will Develop New UFC Game within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2012, 08:10 PM   #49
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: EA Has Acquired the UFC License, Will Develop New UFC Game

I have to admit that I have a little bit of mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I really enjoy THQ's gameplay much better than EA MMA's (although I probably didn't give that game a fair shot). One the other hand, if this means that I won't have to pay $3 or find some sort of glitch to make a decent CAF, then I am happy.

What I am the most excited about though, is the prospect of something like Connected Careers in a UFC game. Simply put, that would be freaking amazing.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 06-04-2012, 08:30 PM   #50
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

I am excited. I thought EA MMA wasn't perfect, but had a superb base to build off of. I felt the base was better. adjustments needed to be made in the timing windows, but for the most part the system itself worked.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:46 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1
So I'm the only one in this thread that doesn't view this as huge? In terms of marketability, yes of course. But as a game? Look at the struggles of Fight Night. The last two FN's have been bug/glitch breaking failures. Round 3 still over shadows them both. Throw in MMA w/ a whole new complex w/ the ground game/cage interaction/MT clinch, etc. EA MMA gives me some faith, but I stopped playing that when Undisputed 3 came out. I hope this goes as good as everyone says, but I have reasons to not be so sure.
No I stated early in the thread that this was not big news and it is actually kind of deflating being that THQ put out a better game than EA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2012, 10:38 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

Hope they keep the same sub system from EA MMA, especially for the limb submissions. Miles better than anything THQ had.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #53
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman42
Hope they keep the same sub system from EA MMA, especially for the limb submissions. Miles better than anything THQ had.
I completely hate that choke submission system on Ea mma. It was too easy on medium and too hard on the harder levels.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 06-05-2012, 12:27 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 4
EA has a solid foundation in their MMA title and I hope they continue to build and polish what they have, and not follow the same footpath the Live/Elite team have paved.

In saying that, is this what it will all come down to? One company making Sports related titles? I hope not. We've seen mixed results in EA's delivery in their titles recently, but I hope in this case, future UFC/MMA titles will have the same success Fifa and NHL have.
Old 06-05-2012, 03:29 AM   #55
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Not really sure how I feel about this. I've been on the EA side forever...but I must admit, they have had a tendency in th epast to get real complacent when they've acquired the exclusive license for sports genre's. I think it was good that there was competition when EA had it's MMA and THQ had UFC. I still think UFC had the best presentation of any sports game I had ever seen. We'll see...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-05-2012, 04:10 AM   #56
Rookie

Vinzanity's Arena

OVR: 3

So it's a goodbye to THQ already? I hope Dana White made the right decision to switch to EA. I hear more bad reports about EASports games but anyways I'd like them to make future UFC/MMA games that will outshine THQ's Undisputed series but I doubt they can do it. EA has yet to prove me wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »