Home

UFC 205 - New York

This is a discussion on UFC 205 - New York within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2016, 10:10 AM   #41
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: UFC 205 - New York

Guess who's going to MSG? What sucks is I paid more for these tickets than I have any other UFC event I've been to (including McGregor/Aldo and GSP/Shields). I'm tempted to just put these tickets on Stubhub and see if I can make a hefty profit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 10:58 AM   #42
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
The dude walks around at like 175 or so, from what I remember hearing during his preparations for the Diaz fights. The real question is how the hell does/did he make weight for his FW fights and stay healthy.
Real question is why does he still have a belt there. Doubt he will ever make FW again.

Last edited by WarMMA; 09-28-2016 at 11:02 AM.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:30 AM   #43
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Real question is why does he still have a belt there. Doubt he will ever make FW again.
I have an issue with the people who say he needs to drop the belt. One, he won the belt in December 2015. He hasnt even gone a year without defending it. Here is a list of people who went longer than that between defending their belt:

Jose Aldo has gone more than a year twice without defending his belt and never was stripped (1/12 - 2/13 and 10/14 -12/15).

Pettis went from 8/13 to 12/14 without defending.

Cain almost went 2 years before losing to Werdum.

Cruz went 2 years before being stripped.

Second, Conor is wiling to go back to 145....he just doesnt want to fight Aldo again. He said at the press conference that he wouldve fought Edgar at 205 if he won but Aldo beat him. I dont blame him. Its hard to outdo a 13 second knockout.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:40 AM   #44
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I have an issue with the people who say he needs to drop the belt. One, he won the belt in December 2015. He hasnt even gone a year without defending it. Here is a list of people who went longer than that between defending their belt:

Jose Aldo has gone more than a year twice without defending his belt and never was stripped (1/12 - 2/13 and 10/14 -12/15).

Pettis went from 8/13 to 12/14 without defending.

Cain almost went 2 years before losing to Werdum.

Cruz went 2 years before being stripped.

Second, Conor is wiling to go back to 145....he just doesnt want to fight Aldo again. He said at the press conference that he wouldve fought Edgar at 205 if he won but Aldo beat him. I dont blame him. Its hard to outdo a 13 second knockout.
Well the thing is Conor obviously isn't really healthy at 145. I doubt he really wants to go back but would for the sake of keeping the belt. As far as him fighting Aldo again, a quick KO like that of a dominant champion definitely deserves a rematch though. We never got to see skill vs skill cuz it was just a quick flash KO. For example, imagine if Cain never got to rematch Jr after he got flashed...we would have never got to see those amazing wars and Cain would have never got to show his true skill vs Jr's. I would still like to see that rematch and if he doesn't wanna fight Aldo then Edgar at least. Either way though, Aldo is the interm champ...he can't avoid him.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:46 AM   #45
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Well the thing is Conor obviously isn't really healthy at 145. I doubt he really wants to go back but would for the sake of keeping the belt. As far as him fighting Aldo again, a quick KO like that of a dominant champion definitely deserves a rematch though. We never got to see skill vs skill cuz it was just a quick flash KO. For example, imagine if Cain never got to rematch Jr after he got flashed...we would have never got to see those amazing wars and Cain would have never got to show his true skill vs Jr's. I would still like to see that rematch and if he doesn't wanna fight Aldo then Edgar at least. Either way though, Aldo is the interm champ...he can't avoid him.
Neither is Aldo though. I went to a press conference a few years ago where Aldo damn near fainted because of the weight cut.

Conor is just hedging his bets. If he beats Eddie, he will walk around as a two time champ for a month and then the UFC will strip him of his FW belt. If he loses, he gets to keep his FW belt and he takes a rematch with Aldo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 11:52 AM   #46
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSouthpaw
Just finished watching Conor & Eddie square off at the presser, Conor is massive man. If you didn't know better you would think Eddie was the FW champ and Conor was the LW champ.

How on Earth does Conor make 145?

I had Alvarez winning but the size difference is making me less confident in my pick.
Were we watching the same presser? I mean he is coming from 170 so he is the heavier guy but he doesn't look that much bigger tbh. He's a bit taller than Eddie but actual size difference isn't that much. You make it sound like Conor looked like Brock Lesnar next to Eddie or something lol. That shouldn't make you less confident in your choice though. Eddie may be a bit more challenging to Conor than ppl think cuz he has that grinding style. If he can use it effectively it's gonna be interesting. If he can't though then Conor will most likely win cuz Eddie isn't particually skilled on the feet. He does have heavy hands though.

Last edited by WarMMA; 09-28-2016 at 11:57 AM.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:54 AM   #47
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Neither is Aldo though. I went to a press conference a few years ago where Aldo damn near fainted because of the weight cut.

Conor is just hedging his bets. If he beats Eddie, he will walk around as a two time champ for a month and then the UFC will strip him of his FW belt. If he loses, he gets to keep his FW belt and he takes a rematch with Aldo.
I could believe that. I've always said Aldo looked big for FW.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:20 PM   #48
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Were we watching the same presser? I mean he is coming from 170 so he is the heavier guy but he doesn't look that much bigger tbh. He's a bit taller than Eddie but actual size difference isn't that much. You make it sound like Conor looked like Brock Lesnar next to Eddie or something lol. That shouldn't make you less confident in your choice though. Eddie may be a bit more challenging to Conor than ppl think cuz he has that grinding style. If he can use it effectively it's gonna be interesting. If he can't though then Conor will most likely win cuz Eddie isn't particually skilled on the feet. He does have heavy hands though.
This. Eddie is going to test Conor's gas tank and the Diaz fights showed it can be a little suspect.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »