Old 02-27-2005, 11:03 AM   #73
PSU
Banned

PSU's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Owner Mode Tips

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbarnett
FYI... you guys will understand why the logo "the buzz" shows up behind home plate once you've hit a homerun with the level 6 celebration purchased...

this happens no matter what with the level 6 celebration
Old 02-27-2005, 11:53 AM   #74
Banned

OVR: 8

Ok guys, I made 10 million in my first season with the White Sox. Is this good or bad? Any suggestions for how to use this money? Should I upgrade to 5000 extra seats even though I wasn't selling out before? Should I spend it on some extra concessions or upgrade other small parts of the stadium? I don't want to mess this up!
Old 02-27-2005, 12:12 PM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU
this happens no matter what with the level 6 celebration
You talking about the ATV?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-27-2005, 12:14 PM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike01
Ok guys, I made 10 million in my first season with the White Sox. Is this good or bad? Any suggestions for how to use this money? Should I upgrade to 5000 extra seats even though I wasn't selling out before? Should I spend it on some extra concessions or upgrade other small parts of the stadium? I don't want to mess this up!
You have a couple options.

More seating will not only generate more revenue through tickets, but also sell more concessions, assuming you aren't already maxed out for your food...

You won't average a sellout, but for the big series you should come close to selling out those... if the price is right, you'll sell out any game... it's just a matter of if lowering the price for the crappy series is worth it, since you'd not make as much per ticket.

I tried to upgrade the stadium as fast as I could.

I'm maxed out on everything now and my predicted revenue is close to $250 mill, with a measely television contract of only 20 mill... I think my payroll has to get higher to get a better tv contract... it's only 89 mill right now.
Old 02-27-2005, 12:55 PM   #77
Rookie

OVR: 4

don't have the game but this thread's been a good read. i got a question, does the luxury tax rear its ugly head for ya?
Old 02-27-2005, 12:59 PM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discrimihater
don't have the game but this thread's been a good read. i got a question, does the luxury tax rear its ugly head for ya?
No mention of it, so I'd guess no...

However, I haven't been playing as the Yankees, and the ones who have, had to cut their payroll even to come close to having a balanced budget.
Old 02-27-2005, 01:18 PM   #79
TIm
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbarnett
No mention of it, so I'd guess no...

However, I haven't been playing as the Yankees, and the ones who have, had to cut their payroll even to come close to having a balanced budget.
I've been doing all kinds of stuff and my red sox om after a couple of months is 2 mill in the hole...I don't know what to do..I may not be smart enough for this mode
Old 02-27-2005, 01:46 PM   #80
Banned

OVR: 9

Found this on IGN board: He made 30 mil. in the first year
1. The very first thing you must do is add on seating. Then you need to buy at least 2 concession stands and 1 store. Do not use any more money. Don't buy any attractions.

2. After doing the above you should have about $1 mil-$1.5 mil. Go through your schedule and give away promotions for every game against the weak teams that nobody wants to see play. Give promotions for every game of the series not just the first game. In all you should have close to 50 promotion days or more. Make sure you use the cheap promotions so that you have enough money. Also it is very important that you mix up the promotions so that fans don't get bored with what you are giving them.

3. Go to staff and fire anybody who is obviously overpaid. If it looks fine then leave it.

4. Lower ticket prices a lot. Also lower your merchandise and concession prices a little. Later on in the season you can gradually raise the prices on everything as long as you are winning. Raise ticket prices about $5 per every 10% sold increase. Raise merchandise $2-$3 per every 3%-4% sold increase. Raise concessions 50 cents-$1 per every 5% sold increase.

5. This is the most important step. You MUST be willing to trade away huge contract players for great cheap young talent. The owner mode treats you as a new team so your roster must look new as well. Don't tell me you can't win with a cheap young team. I lowered my players payroll by $35 mil and ended up with a great team that finished with the best record in baseball. It all depends on who you trade for. Also as soon as you are done trading you must go and sign your new young players to new contracts. Always add a year to what they ask for because they will always accept. So if they ask for $2mil for 2 years. Offer them $2mil for 3 years and they will accept. Just a way to keep them around longer for no extra cost.

5. Make the playoffs. This is a must. The playoffs should be called the payoffs because that is where a lot of your wealth comes in. The deeper you go the better. I made the ALCS but lost. Didn't even make the WS. If I had I may have made a few more million dollars.

All in all you must be able to part with big contracts for cheap young talent, you need to make the playoffs, and the only purchases you should be making on your ballpark is seating. After you have a large seating base then you can explore the other upgrade options. Good luck and if you use this outline please respond and tell me how much money you made. Lets see if anyone can beat my $30mil. GOOD LUCK!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball »