Home

MVP VIDEO PREVIEW at IGN

This is a discussion on MVP VIDEO PREVIEW at IGN within the MVP MLB Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 01-30-2004, 01:36 AM   #49
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: MVP VIDEO PREVIEW at IGN

Okay, then I guess I WON'T post anything.

Too bad (COL).
Old 01-30-2004, 01:37 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 2

Remember that video is not the finished product of the game, and they have some time left to tweek out the bugs.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:48 AM   #51
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Thanks for all this info guys. I wish I wasn't so cheap and paranoid about online stuff or i'd be watching this myself. This game sounds GREEEEEAT. Some issues abound but it's only a build from January.

Darn game sounds like it's the best out of the bunch this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2004, 01:55 AM   #52
MVP

Crucial Mike's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:

SportsmanTO said:
Thanks for all this info guys. I wish I wasn't so cheap and paranoid about online stuff or i'd be watching this myself. This game sounds GREEEEEAT. Some issues abound but it's only a build from January.

Darn game sounds like it's the best out of the bunch this year.

The scary thing is that this preview hadn't even touched on the Franchise mode and Minor League play...that's in their next preview.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:56 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 2

Did anyone who watched the ign video notice if their was first and third base coaches?
And was their foul balls behind home plate?

I just want to know if they put these things in this year.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:59 AM   #54
MVP

OVR: 10

Just a question about the slide/dive homerun.

What part of the field was the dive missed, i mean if it is a siniking liner to center and he charges it and dives and misses, then that is a homerun as long as Thome isn't running. I mean you are out on an island if you dive for a sinking liner and miss it, the left and right fielders really don't have time to react to go get it. I haven't seen the vid. but i was just wondering because if something like that happens in real life it is a walk in triple or an inside the park homer anyways.
Old 01-30-2004, 02:07 AM   #55
MVP

Lester206's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:

jyd28 said:
One more thing that keeps ringing in my head...

Hilary says that basically this is the first baseball game that makes you truly feel like you are running the bases.

This is revolutionary folks- The picture in picture is incredible as last year. The controlled slides, breaking up double plays, etc.....puts you in the shoes of the runner.

Other games make you feel like you are simply moving a dot on a diamond grid (the icon in the corner)...MVP takes it to the next level.

I'm hoping this turns out as great as its sounding so far.

i didnt have MVP 2003 last year, what exactly is picture in picture baserunning??
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2004, 02:18 AM   #56
MVP

Crucial Mike's Arena

OVR: 8

1. No 1st and 3rd base coaches in the video.

2. No clips of behind the plate pop ups.

3. The one clip of the botched outfield play was very borderline. I think the problem is that the other outfielder doesn't really go after the ball...you have to switch control and direct him right away...this seems like it may lose you a precious second or two when backing up a play. But I don't think this will be a major in game flaw after a lot of practice. Who knows, this might just make it ultrarealistic in the sense that usually when players dive and miss, there are big consequences.

4. To the last poster- Picture in Picture is that you can see little boxes around the running diamond icon that show live video of your baserunners. So, its great because you can see exactly what they are doing while the ball is in the outfield, etc...

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball »