Home

NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-20-2022, 08:04 AM   #857
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5)

Greatest game ever... Still jacked up.
Old 09-20-2022, 08:16 AM   #858
Oba
Rookie

Oba's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF

Greatest game ever... Still jacked up.
In front of the Boston bench. That's cold.
Old 09-20-2022, 08:18 AM   #859
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Beating the heck out of Rick Fox, lol. Throwing hands, but man... Wish I would have caught the prior 4-5 possessions too. Just an absolute crazy game. The way Boston came back and really caught fire with the crowd behind them... then clawing my way back. Just an awesome experience.
Old 09-20-2022, 10:08 AM   #860
Pro

Johnnythelegend's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
I had the greatest game of videogame basketball that I've ever experienced. Boston vs Chicago in Boston. Pippen carried me throughout the game, they were sending hard doubles towards MJ from the get-go. I kept Bird in check on the other end, but then he started hitting some crazy passes with pinpoint precision. He was a wizard with the ball. I had the lead by 5 or so with 3 minutes left, and their defensive intensity and crowd had me rattled. They went on a 9-0 run taking the lead with 1:10 left. Called a timeout, regained my composure and scored the next 4, tying the game up. I ended up stealing the inbounds pass with 18 secs left (or so), ran a play to get MJ in the right mid-post ISO. Bird immediately comes and doubles. Instead of kicking it back out, I spun out towards the baseline, rose up for the jumper, and nailed it as time expired. Did the Cleveland jumping fist pump right in front of the Celtics bench.

Was absolutely nuts. This game has replaced my beloved Inside Drive 2003/04 as far as tendencies, playstyles, overall enjoyment and immersion. Absolutely freaking LOVE it.

Thanks for the Debug mode tips. I had no earthly idea that was possible. Will be starting a MyEra with the 91 Bulls now, haha.

What are those?
Old 09-20-2022, 10:27 AM   #861
b1g
Rookie

b1g's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnythelegend
What are those?
It's a MyEra quick game in play now. In the play now screen press X on Xbox or square on ps and pick which era you prefer. Great feature besides being able to use custom rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2022, 10:48 AM   #862
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
So how many should occur in 8-10 games with one team? one in game injury per game and one 3 point foul?
I don't know the exact statistics, especially from the 80's. Heck, watching the Celtics last year it seemed like every game or two someone would go down with something and the four-point plays seem pretty common these days as well. With that said, my point is I'm hoping that both don't disappear after release week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
I know what you mean by "i've seen this in past 2k's." please share your opinions afterwards related to this as you progress with the game, thank you.
Trust me, I'm loving 2k this year and don't want to be the "tin foil hat guy" but I can't guarantee that you can go into impression threads throughout the years and see where people (myself included) have seen in-game injuries and four-point plays during release week and then never see them again.

And I'm not saying that it's going to be like that this year... I'm not there quite yet.... I'm just saying that it's something to keep an eye on.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 09-20-2022, 01:31 PM   #863
Pro

kolanji's Arena

OVR: 19

FOLLOW-UP IMPRESSIONS!!

Xbox Series X
play now offline
superstar difficulty
playing against user and not CPU

despite all the offerings on NBA 2k modes, I am primarily a vs user type player, so play now and play now online

with the intro out the way, i must say that the game has some glaring issues that I want to point out

1. user-controlled defender are easily displaced by some offensive animation. that slides the defender out of position, defensive movements have an on-ice feeling

2. like NBA 2k11 u can't intercept or interrupt passing from one to another in the pain, as the defender u get the steal attempt animation, but it goes through the arm of the defender, or the animation is not lined up properly to collide with the ball

3. paint spamming has too much of a success rate, by running towards the rim and pressing shoot button, the results are favorable for offense player because the defensive animation to trigger good defensive contest animations are scarce otherwise shotting fouls are called

4. the unnecessary AI reaching on ball handler diving by them to the basket cause some silly fouls even with the shot clock whining down causing fouls

5. the controller input still have some noticeable input delays that (even playing on my 240hz Samsung monitor with impressive response time) on pc the shotting bar stops right where u release the shotting button, on consoles its visual aid that u have to learn a timing so u can release just before it hits green rather that release cause it on green

Last edited by kolanji; 09-20-2022 at 01:55 PM.
Old 09-20-2022, 02:48 PM   #864
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

I've had the game a week now and I've probably put a good dozen hours into it. I'm running an all-Kentucky team in the Kobe era composed of my favorite Kentucky Wildcats. Starting lineup is Rondo, Delk, Tayshaun Prince, Chuck Hayes, and Karl Anthony-Towns. Bench has Antoine Walker, Mashburn, Quickly, Herro, Trey Lyles, Kalenna Azubuike. I've also dispersed some of my other favorite players to other teams. I may have taken Delk and Walker from the Celtics but they received D. Booker in return. Got some stacked teams in the league I've set up. I'm 0-8 right now with my team but having a blast.

On another save I've started in the Bird/Magic era and I'm controlling all teams but letting the CPU draft players where it may using the historic draft classes. Watching CPU vs CPU on some of the most important Playoff games. In the 1984 season the Eastern Conference finals went to a game 7 between the Celtics and the Pistons. The Celtics closed it out in a close game 7. However, the Lakers would win in 5 games in the finals. I've simmed up to the finals of 85 now and it's the Lakers trying to get a repeat against the 76ers but they are down 3-2 in the Finals. Jordan went to the Rockets. Hakeem is on the Blazers, Stockton went to the Clippers.

Having a great time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »