Home

NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-09-2022, 11:36 PM   #417
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K23 Impressions Thread (XBOX SERIES S/X & PS5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
A green shot is the neutral option

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
No I understand that.

What I'm saying is that option to me means that you are selecting one of those to help compensate that you are always early or always late? Or what is that option for?
Old 09-10-2022, 12:20 AM   #418
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
No I understand that.

What I'm saying is that option to me means that you are selecting one of those to help compensate that you are always early or always late? Or what is that option for?
Yes it's to enhance your shot making based on your prevalence in triggering one of those timings more often than the others.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-10-2022, 12:31 AM   #419
Rookie

HBKSean216's Arena

OVR: 0

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBKSean216
I am going to copy paste this every 30 minutes on every platform possible until someone answers me lmao. OS, Reddit, Twitter, Discord....

Can someone explain the leadership skills? Like what are they for? I have 111 skill points available. I have 7 of them allocated onto two different skills and I only chose those 2 because they are easy to achieve in game and give crazy stat boosts for shooting.......... like for example tier 4 of the general there is a skill called "not enough points" and it's 120 skill points. But the boosts from it are no better than boosts from a 10 point skill
Old 09-10-2022, 12:34 AM   #420
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
Yes it's to enhance your shot making based on your prevalence in triggering one of those timings more often than the others.

So what if your not early or late consistently?I'm not in front of my PS5 right now but as I recall, don't you have to choose one? And I also don't think you can just turn that option off. So it's either just late or early.

I mean I guess if I was always early or always late that option makes sense and would be helpful but I just want it to be "normal" and get my timing figured out at that normal setting. It seems to me that as it stands I'm learning to have my timing either be early or late to accommodate that setting. Or is that not how it works? Is that setting just giving me room for error if I'm early or late?

I dunno in my head what I'm saying makes sense but it might not lol.
Old 09-10-2022, 01:16 AM   #421
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

The MyNBA era's alone is worth the cost of admission for me. Right now I'm trying to build the Kenny Anderson/Derrick Coleman/Drazen led Nets (who have ELEVEN real rotation players) to glory and in another i'm trying to rewrite history and win the finals with Jason Kidd/Kmart Nets team in another era. Plus, I'm also thinking about doing a Kemp/Payton Sonics run...SO MANY FUN OPTIONS! and to me thats what its all about. They great tight on court gameplay seals the deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2022, 01:48 AM   #422
Rookie

Jeter2's Arena

OVR: 0

I just fired up the game and messing with the MyNBA eras. Wow 2K. I am willing to overlook shortcomings and gameplay bugs when you give us an effort like this.

I'm playing as the 2002 Knicks, lost the lotto (shocker) picked Darko at 11 (C potential BLAH!). Bosh went 1 to Detroit, Bron 2 to the Heat and D Wade 3 to the Grizz. I am jaw on the floor on this mode. ESPN presentation, the old floor and unis. Houston & Sprewell. Childhood is that you?
Old 09-10-2022, 01:48 AM   #423
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
I agree with Ace there are no fastbreaks. That’s one thing I’ve yet to see da czar answer, why can’t fast guards outrun centers in the open court?
Out of the box only fast breaks are off steals and breakaways. 1 reason is movement sliders. Out of box they are 60 speed with ball and 75 without ball so no way you beat them up the floor. Once that is edited it opens up the fast break. Does no good online but offline you can fix it.
Old 09-10-2022, 01:51 AM   #424
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhitsrandy
i’m liking the idea of 75-95 depending on the teams actual defensive ability, but i’m still getting re-acclomadeted on offense so i want to make sure i can adequately “test” the defense before adjusting
You will see a huge difference from 75 to 80. 95 is crazy help and super fast. Depends on team and players though too. There are other things though you can do like defensive awareness for cpu that also help that. 95 might be too much for some and it does open up drive and kick a bit more for some wide open shots. I’ve even gone 78-82 with maybe 85 or 90 at ceiling. Still toying with it…

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »