Home

Cpu still never calls timeouts.

This is a discussion on Cpu still never calls timeouts. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2022, 10:50 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Cpu still never calls timeouts.

I’ve been playing 6 and 12 minute quarters, and I get tons of time outs by both teams. I do let the game call my timeouts, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-22-2022, 03:16 PM   #10
You got the stuff?

Eddie1967's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
OK so I played again the only thing I changed in quick play game was I changed the quarter length from 10 to 9 min and I down loaded another community roster. That is it. This is the first game I’ve seen a time out in probably about five tries. I don’t know if it’s possibly a roster problem that I have downloaded that triggers the problem. I do not understand why a roster would affect CPU timeouts but I guess anything is possible.

But I was happy to see some in my last game…. the computer called about three timeouts. Definitely better than nothing. If I make any changes on my next game in the settings and they don’t call a time out again I will post here to give details what I changed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm Glad that you are seeing cpu timeouts, I haven't made any changes to the sliders yet but I see a good amount. I have my teams timeouts set on auto so I see timeouts on both sides.
Old 10-22-2022, 07:30 PM   #11
All Star

This and NHL like rotations are like the 2 biggest issues with the game oh and lack of fouls on jump shots. On average CPU will only call about 3 time outs the whole game and I had even 1 game where they didn't call a time out in the whole first half. I had 1 game where CPU called like 3 in first quarter never seen that before not sure what might have triggered it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2022, 07:31 PM   #12
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Unbelievable. I can’t understand why it’s never fixed.

I wonder if putting it on auto subs would help. Historically it didn’t on past games. I’m frustrated like you

Been only playing on Auto and CPU will on average use only about 3 timeouts the whole game.
Old 10-23-2022, 08:10 AM   #13
Just started!

For the sake of realism in my MyLeague I've been calling CPU TO by myself changing team midgame.

Strangely enough though, CPU will call a TO right after the one I called on its behalf.
Old 10-23-2022, 09:39 AM   #14
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Cpu still never calls timeouts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie1967
Define never? I see CPU timeouts quite a bit. Not sure what game you guys are playing.

Eddie, played another quick game. 11 minutes. Cpu called 2 timeouts the whole game. Was close start to finish too. I would say in those type of situation you would expect the CPU to use up all of their timeouts but I was surprised that they did not.

So I guess the computer is calling timeouts but the algorithm seems to be all over the place

Last edited by GisherJohn24; 10-23-2022 at 11:41 AM.
Old 10-23-2022, 07:42 PM   #15
Rookie

This is gamebreaking. I consistently go entire games without them calling 1 timeout regardless of score or runs. Messing with cpu rotations sometimes works but it's a bandaid that only works occasionally. This isn't talked about enough in my opinion

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2022, 09:59 AM   #16
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDawg5
This is gamebreaking. I consistently go entire games without them calling 1 timeout regardless of score or runs. Messing with cpu rotations sometimes works but it's a bandaid that only works occasionally. This isn't talked about enough in my opinion

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk
Agree 100% thank you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »