Home

How many of Kobe’s teammates / rivals are going to be updated for Mamba Moments ?

This is a discussion on How many of Kobe’s teammates / rivals are going to be updated for Mamba Moments ? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-13-2023, 02:15 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
How many of Kobe’s teammates / rivals are going to be updated for Mamba Moments ?

Last year we saw a couple of MJ’s teammates and rivals get updated…Pippen, Rodman, Worthy, Ewing, Stockton, Mark Price, etc.

I wonder how many of Kobe’s will be updated this year? In terms of teammates, Shaq should be a no brainer. Pau as well. They kinda already got off to a head start last year with D-Fish.

For rivals, the guy that sticks out the most is Steve Nash. I never realized how bad his model was until seeing this

It’s really the hair that looks the most ridiculous. They have a scanned version of him that they could use. Maybe just add hair to this model. Hair like what is displayed in the mod

Last edited by KobeDropped81; 08-13-2023 at 02:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2023, 03:40 AM   #2
VFL

LeBlonde James's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: How many of Kobe’s teammates / rivals are going to be updated for Mamba Moments ?

Nash definitely needs an update, his model has always looked off to me. They got a head start by updating Raja Bell as well. Highly doubt it but getting Reggie for the 2000 finals and adding Bynum would be nice. I hope they do something with the redeem team and we get a better Carmelo lol maybe even get Tayshaun Prince back in the game. Or updated faces for guys on the 2012 Olympic team, that would be good for the new era being added in my eras.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
Old 08-13-2023, 01:22 PM   #3
Rookie

Re: How many of Kobe’s teammates / rivals are going to be updated for Mamba Moments ?

Steve Nash has the worst historic face scan in the game in my opinion. I don’t think they’ve updated him since 2k18 at least.

Robert Horry has a really old scan too.

Sabonis on the 2000 Blazers has a skin tone on his face that doesn’t match the rest of his body.

A bunch of guys on the ‘01 Sixers have outdated scans.

Pau doesn’t have a younger version, only his older one.
Old 08-13-2023, 03:34 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

Nash has never bothered me just because even though it wasn’t perfect I always though he was serviceable enough given the hair limitations.. seeing that mod though changed my mind, 2k gotta do better.
Old 08-14-2023, 09:17 AM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBlonde James
Nash definitely needs an update, his model has always looked off to me. They got a head start by updating Raja Bell as well. Highly doubt it but getting Reggie for the 2000 finals and adding Bynum would be nice. I hope they do something with the redeem team and we get a better Carmelo lol maybe even get Tayshaun Prince back in the game. Or updated faces for guys on the 2012 Olympic team, that would be good for the new era being added in my eras.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
I feel like Melo has needed an update for over a decade now lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2023, 09:21 AM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1287
Steve Nash has the worst historic face scan in the game in my opinion. I don’t think they’ve updated him since 2k18 at least.

Robert Horry has a really old scan too.

Sabonis on the 2000 Blazers has a skin tone on his face that doesn’t match the rest of his body.

A bunch of guys on the ‘01 Sixers have outdated scans.

Pau doesn’t have a younger version, only his older one.
That Pau is really tough to play with. He absolutely better be updated
Old 08-14-2023, 09:25 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojandpizza
Nash has never bothered me just because even though it wasn’t perfect I always though he was serviceable enough given the hair limitations.. seeing that mod though changed my mind, 2k gotta do better.
The hair just looks so unnatural . And from a physics standpoint, isn’t floppy enough in game. It’s really embarrassing.
Old 08-14-2023, 09:42 AM   #8
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Man, Some of the stuff y’all say to have such an eye for detail, lol

Face scans could absolutely be better…but there was a pretty nice jump in hair physics this year, even with styles like short hair/ plaits…or is it Nash’s hair in particular?

If so forgive my ignorance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 08-14-2023 at 09:47 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »