Home

NBA 2K24 - Play Now Online

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 - Play Now Online within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 09-22-2023, 09:51 AM   #81
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K24 - Play Now Online

Something about this game…….I couldn’t put my finger on it. Now I have……

The competitive balance, nature, formula is gone…..honestly maybe it wasn’t even there or atleast not there for a long time.

When I play the show online, it’s a battle, a chess match, it’s me vs you, my strategy vs your strategy, my counter vs your counter. If I win I can’t wait to play again, if I lose I can’t wait to play again, if I blow the lead, it’s my fault, I feel like it’s my fault and I can or could have prevented it. The momentum shift feels natural (like a real sport).

I even (to a lesser extent) feel the same as above with madden online……to lesser extent but I still get that formula in a way.

Now this game…….literally gives me nothing of the sort as listed above……..nothing.

That’s what’s wrong with this game online. It’s not shot meters, green releases, badges, 16-17 warriors users, cut cheese players, mirror matches, not being able to dashboard (can’t dashboard on the show, I’ve never even noticed). This game doesn’t replicate and create the feeling/emotions as stated above. That’s the problem. It doesn’t create that.

End of rant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2023, 12:05 PM   #82
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Something about this game…….I couldn’t put my finger on it. Now I have……

The competitive balance, nature, formula is gone…..honestly maybe it wasn’t even there or atleast not there for a long time.

When I play the show online, it’s a battle, a chess match, it’s me vs you, my strategy vs your strategy, my counter vs your counter. If I win I can’t wait to play again, if I lose I can’t wait to play again, if I blow the lead, it’s my fault, I feel like it’s my fault and I can or could have prevented it. The momentum shift feels natural (like a real sport).

I even (to a lesser extent) feel the same as above with madden online……to lesser extent but I still get that formula in a way.

Now this game…….literally gives me nothing of the sort as listed above……..nothing.

That’s what’s wrong with this game online. It’s not shot meters, green releases, badges, 16-17 warriors users, cut cheese players, mirror matches, not being able to dashboard (can’t dashboard on the show, I’ve never even noticed). This game doesn’t replicate and create the feeling/emotions as stated above. That’s the problem. It doesn’t create that.

End of rant.
Gonna have to disagree on this one. The initial reasons you stated ARE the problem. Those reasons are factual & are concrete evidence, as opposed to "feelings/emotions", which are completely subjective.

I don't care if it's curry & Klay & KD in their primes, ABSOLUTELY NO BASKETBALL TEAM should be winning games doing nothing but spamming ball screens, & shooting 3s off the dribble with zero emphasis on even trying to get inside looks. No team in basketball history is going to win games getting outscored by 40 in the paint.
Old 09-22-2023, 12:48 PM   #83
Rookie

unc2115's Arena

OVR: 1

Interesting perspective but can't say I agree. The strategy/adjustments in PNO are why I still enjoy it. I don't feel this year's game is any different in that regard.

Even playing against cheesers or teams with a major talent advantage, I enjoy trying to take away their advantage and playing to mine.

Strategy may not be a factor in every game, and of course there is the typical 2K BS to deal with, but for the most part the game still satisfies that aspect of basketball for me.
Old 09-23-2023, 04:38 PM   #84
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by unc2115
Interesting perspective but can't say I agree. The strategy/adjustments in PNO are why I still enjoy it. I don't feel this year's game is any different in that regard.

Even playing against cheesers or teams with a major talent advantage, I enjoy trying to take away their advantage and playing to mine.

Strategy may not be a factor in every game, and of course there is the typical 2K BS to deal with, but for the most part the game still satisfies that aspect of basketball for me.
The problem with this game is that you're really competing against the "game" itself, and not your opponent. The mechanics are such that once you find an effective strategy, you can just spam it to a W. Sometimes there just isn't a counter to the stuff people do in this mode. It makes this mode really frustrating.
Old 09-23-2023, 11:18 PM   #85
Rookie

ClassActFan's Arena

OVR: 4

Hey Jeebs, I got a kick out of watching your video facing against the Knicks player, breaking them down methodically with plays and executing. Loved it. Do you have any tips on practicing plays before going into games and setting them for teams?

Also, guys, how long does it take you to get used to the NBA 2K input lag every year? For me, it's about 10-15 games, and that number goes up the older I get LOL. It's jarring going from offline play to online play. I have to stick to one or the other. Once I get used to the input delay, it's all good, but right now for me it's a nightmare even still, because I'm struggling to shoot even while attempting to dial down my players' shot cues.

I am running with the Atlanta Hawks right now, and I can't tell you why. I have zero affinity for them as a basketball fan, but I randomly picked them my first game and I've been rolling with them since. Slowly getting their shot cues down. Just need to crack open the playbook to extend more open look opportunities.

I have played 2K online since ESPN NBA Basketball 2K4 and I've always hated the input delay but end up getting used to it eventually IF I don't try playing offline.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2023, 11:42 PM   #86
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassActFan
Hey Jeebs, I got a kick out of watching your video facing against the Knicks player, breaking them down methodically with plays and executing. Loved it. Do you have any tips on practicing plays before going into games and setting them for teams?

Also, guys, how long does it take you to get used to the NBA 2K input lag every year? For me, it's about 10-15 games, and that number goes up the older I get LOL. It's jarring going from offline play to online play. I have to stick to one or the other. Once I get used to the input delay, it's all good, but right now for me it's a nightmare even still, because I'm struggling to shoot even while attempting to dial down my players' shot cues.

I am running with the Atlanta Hawks right now, and I can't tell you why. I have zero affinity for them as a basketball fan, but I randomly picked them my first game and I've been rolling with them since. Slowly getting their shot cues down. Just need to crack open the playbook to extend more open look opportunities.

I have played 2K online since ESPN NBA Basketball 2K4 and I've always hated the input delay but end up getting used to it eventually IF I don't try playing offline.
Didn't you see? I don't don't change anything. I have 2K Smart Play turned on. After I grab a defensive rebound. 2K picks a play for me. I just have to press L1. If I don't like the play. I just press circle to cancel. Then call my own play or use freelance. Once in awhile you see me go back to a play that been working. I suggest others should try it out. It gets you into a play very quickly. The logic works really well in my opinion.
Old 09-24-2023, 08:47 AM   #87
Rookie

I've realized that one of the best improvements to play now online this year is that fatigue really makes a difference. You can't just play your stars for entire games with no fall off in skills. You have to sit them for at least a little bit.

Really evens out the competitive balance of this mode. I like it.
Old 09-24-2023, 09:49 AM   #88
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by tb0622
I've realized that one of the best improvements to play now online this year is that fatigue really makes a difference. You can't just play your stars for entire games with no fall off in skills. You have to sit them for at least a little bit.

Really evens out the competitive balance of this mode. I like it.
100% agree!!! I saw one person try to keep their starters in another person try to call a bunch of timeout. None of it worked. Even players with 98 or 99 rated stamina need to get a break. Which is amazing. I wonder what tweaks they made.

I experience a guy who had played his starters the entire first half. At the start of the 3rd he had to play his bench. He never recovered

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »