Home

I'd love to be able to control my guys on the baseline.

This is a discussion on I'd love to be able to control my guys on the baseline. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2024, 03:16 PM   #1
Pro

Cowboyfan_19's Arena

OVR: 0
I'd love to be able to control my guys on the baseline.

Out of bounds violation is the result 99% of the time if I have a guy anywhere close to the baseline.

I understand it'll happen in the real world from time to time, but the player generated movements seem to have no concept or awareness of stepping OOB.

Whether I'm trying to post on the low block & drop step/post spin toward the baseline, or if I'm stuck in a fumbling/tumbling animation, the baseline just seems to be a vacuum for OOB violations offensively.

Any tips or similar experiences?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2024, 01:44 PM   #2
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

Re: I'd love to be able to control my guys on the baseline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboyfan_19
Out of bounds violation is the result 99% of the time if I have a guy anywhere close to the baseline.

I understand it'll happen in the real world from time to time, but the player generated movements seem to have no concept or awareness of stepping OOB.

Whether I'm trying to post on the low block & drop step/post spin toward the baseline, or if I'm stuck in a fumbling/tumbling animation, the baseline just seems to be a vacuum for OOB violations offensively.

Any tips or similar experiences?
Yeah, unfortunately the dribble animations have no contextual awareness when near the baseline. It’s also really hard to tell how close you actually are to the baseline when playing with the 2k cam
Old 01-09-2024, 03:48 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: I'd love to be able to control my guys on the baseline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Therebelyell626
Yeah, unfortunately the dribble animations have no contextual awareness when near the baseline. It’s also really hard to tell how close you actually are to the baseline when playing with the 2k cam
2K Cam: Thank you! I have been cursing the entire Xbox Series X generation for lacking my favorite cam Player Lock. It would automatically give a view on the baseline that allowed you to easily judge where your player was.
Old 01-17-2024, 11:16 PM   #4
Rookie

MakePostGreatAgain's Arena

Icon14 Re: I'd love to be able to control my guys on the baseline.

You used to be able to take a post shot when near the baseline in the paint, now they just dont let you do any thing but a standing lay or dunk.

I think 2k made a decision to make out of bounds a much larger threat a while ago, but they also keep people from post fading into the back of the glass. You really are limited baseline with post shots or just faking them for positioning.

I can rock with most of the changes but I really miss being able to post shot from either side of the cup baseline. The area I cant get post shots to work anymore is where hakeem hit david robinson with the dream shake move. You cant get a fade animation that close to the rim baseline anymore, the second fake in the famous dream shake. You sometimes can if you used your dribble...

If you can fade or hook on the sides of the cup baseline let me know. Ive had success using the fake spin and post create space move in this kinda limited post area. It is so close to the rim though why is it a dead zone

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »