Home

Best Career Mode in 2023: NBA 2K24

This is a discussion on Best Career Mode in 2023: NBA 2K24 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2024, 04:30 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Best Career Mode in 2023: NBA 2K24

It's been the same refrain for years and the beat goes on here with NBA 2K24...

Written By: Chase Becotte

Click here to view the article.
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2024, 08:50 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Best Career Mode in 2023: NBA 2K24

Speaking on offline MyCareer only, I do feel like it has improved. I skipped 2k23. I do like the more streamlined approach. If you don't play online, there isn't many quests. There are enough Brickley workouts in a week for you to work on badge progression. I do wish that the Gatorade workouts weren't 7 full day. My issue is mainly with the body types. It's essentially 5-7 actual weeks to go to ripped body type. I don't mind the GOAT theme, but it doesn't feel like enough press conferences if you aren't breaking records. I do wish that there was a way to turn off Auto Save. The main thing I like about Offline MyCareer is that teammates are actually reliable. In the past, Offline MyCareer didn't have much longevity because you had to carry the load to win games. But now, I can have a teammate score 30-40 points on HOF difficulty. This will be the first time that I might hit 99 OVR. I'm at the point, where I really only have 1 badge I'm working on and I'm just really going after MyPoints. But, I can stay just have fun playing the game naturally.

But for me, I would have to say MLB The Show RTTS would be my best career mode of this year. The Microtransaction heavy emphasis does drag the offline MyCareer. I thought going in that you could go up levels in Seasons by doing Offline games in MC. So, I never got access to certain perks. A lot of MC is either be willing to spend money or grind a ton of hours to get what you want. For someone like me, I don't have the time to grind like that and don't want to spend any more money than I have too. I don't care for badge regression. I get the idea of having your badges be a reflection of how you play. But, some badges are already hard enough to progress and for it to regress when you're not forcing the issue is frustrating. Without having Floor Setters, I had to rely on using Immunity Perks on badges that my character isn't good enough to grind for in games, then have to use Drill Savant to progress them. But, my biggest gripe is it still feels like I'm still limited on my build because of Online balance. I get the balance for Online, but the Offline them is being the GOAT, with these builds limitations its not as realistic being the GOAT. I've have a 2k Generated Rookie teammate who is a 78 OVR and it literally seems like he has a better build then my player who is a 97 OVR. I like MyCareer, but I wish they separate Offline and Online

But RTTS, is a better experience even though there's more to do in MyCareer. There's still limitations in builds in RTTS, but it doesn't feel as restricted as in 2k. I can feel like I can play the way how I want to play in RTTS. Microtransactions aren't as forced on you in RTTS. There's a big difference in starting out 60 OVR in MyCareer compared to RTTS starting out. I definitely like that we can adjust sliders in RTTS, I don't know why that's not available in MyCareer(besides gamers who would try to cheat the badge progression system). It feels like once you get to 92-93 OVR in MyCareer, progression really slows down. Which isn't really an issue itself that progression slows down. The issue is that I don't feel like I'm really getting better from getting from 92-93 OVR to 99. And gameplay experience is more enjoyable in RTTS compared to MyCareer (and I'm not a baseball fan). Teammates are better in MyCareer compared to RTTS, but overall gameplay experience is better in RTTS. My issue with gameplay is mainly AI related. I don't like how AI Playcalling can be. AI Teammates are better, but tendencies can really drag down gameplays. It's frustrating seeing guys take shots off of every pick and roll, guys forcing contested shots, things go wonky when things get rushed. I hate when I have a open center at mid range and instead of simply taking a jumpshot, he does this rushed floater.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »