Home

NBA 2K24 - 4th Official Rating Update - 1.11.2024

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 - 4th Official Rating Update - 1.11.2024 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-17-2024, 12:40 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 19
Re: NBA 2K24 - 4th Official Rating Update - 1.11.2024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smirkin Dirk
If you don’t know some obscure bench riders off reb % and connect it with 2k scaling, you’re a piece of **** and deserve flaming.
If you're going to declare statements of fact using faulty logic and hasty generalizations...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
He uses stats. I watch a ton of games.
I have been watching NBA basketball for 30 years now. What separates me from mostly everyone here is I've put the time in to learn 2K's scales/ratings/badges, track NBA data to learn trends, etc... over a TWENTY-YEAR period.

I don't have all the answers, but I do get better at my craft every single year. I do listen to people who know more than I do. I don't say things without double checking my work. Integrity means a great deal more to me than it does for many people on the internet.

Quote:
His problem has only been tone. He can be a little hurtful if you haven't dealt with him before
Mind you, I am responding to someone who claimed they found "easy mistakes" and immediately proceeded to make a bunch of novice ones. (Think about the "Tone" I am usually responding to - because I am not an attack dog with everyone).

Stating Peyton Watson should have lower INDIVIDUAL attributes because of his TEAM role is 1998-level analysis.

Stating Kawhi should have a higher block/steal rating (bc look at his stats) - Might actually hold weight if his stats were compared to his peers as an example of why they are high/low. But they weren't.

"Player X is doing this, he should rate high!"
is not the same as
"Player X is averaging this and Player Y is averaging this, Player X should be higher".

(^^^Using the PER GAME averages of an 18 MPG and 35 MPG player DOES NOT COUNT).
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 01-17-2024 at 03:12 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2024, 02:39 AM   #42
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redsdude
Just went for 23. Back to back 20 plus games in the only 2 he’s gotten real minutes. I know nothing crazy but he’s gotta be better than a 68 with low potential.
Now that Jackson has gotten some meaningful PT...

GG Jackson
19.9 PER (86 mins, 11 MPG)
61 TS% on 25 USG%
5.9 AST% and 0.6 ATR
8.6 ORB% and 17.1 DRB%
1.7 STL% and 5.4 BLK%
1.9 OBPM and 0.4 BPM

Layup: 2-9 FG (22 FG%, 0 AST%, 3.8 FGA/36)
Dunk: 5-6 FG (83 FG%, 80 AST%, 2.5 FGA/36)
Close: 2-6 FG (33 FG%, 50 AST%, 2.5 FGA/36)
Mid: 1-2 FG (50 FG%, 100 AST%, 0.8 FGA/36)
3pt: 9-19 FG (47 FG%, 100 AST%, 8.0 FGA/36)

By the limited numbers, profiles as a poor man's Jaren Jackson Jr (offense) in Memphis' system. I don't expect the block rate to hold, but the assists & rebounds are more or less in line w/ JJJ, at least when he first came in.

From the NBA tape, offensively there wasn't a ton to get excited about, he took a lot of wide-open threes.

What his numbers look like after he has a few off-nights will end up dictating where he lands. Somewhere in the 70-74 range unless he proves to be a legit daily contributor.

Quote:

https://www.nba.com/draft/2023/prosp...ory-jackson-ii
Analysis
Jackson plays at his own rhythm and has the tools to be an elite self-creator. He was asked to create shots outside of his comfort zone in college, as South Carolina’s offense was jumbled. He projects as a more efficient player once comfortable in a well-oiled NBA offense, but Jackson may still be a go-to option when the possession needs a bailout. He’s shown an ability to fill different roles on offense — ballhandler, screener, cutter, post-up — due to his fluidity, shooting ability and size.

Projection
Jackson fits the Michael Beasley and Derrick Williams scoring mold. His success as a rookie may depend on whether the coach is comfortable letting Jackson take things into his own hands, or if the desire is for the forward to play within a rigid system. A mix of both might create the right type of environment for Jackson to operate in a sixth-man role, whether it be in 2023 or later down the line.

— Profile by RotoWire
Draft Scouting

Key 2K24 Attributes that will require boosting (even w/ the limited sample)
71 3PT
40 Shot IQ
52 Offensive Rebound
56 Defensive Rebound
60 Block
40 Offensive Consistency
40 Defensive Consistency

I knocked Jackson up to 71 OVR in my roster.
He's shown more in the last two games than Jake LaRavia has in the last two years.

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 01-17-2024 at 03:16 AM.
Old 01-17-2024, 11:57 AM   #43
MVP

Therebelyell626's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
He uses stats. I watch a ton of games. Difference in opinion . I've always respected Rashid's take. His problem has only been tone. He can be a little hurtful if you haven't dealt with him before .
Yeah he comes off as a little aggressive lol. I was like dude, I’m only asking a question. But I get it. It’s hard to convey tone with written words, and it probably gets super tiring having to deal with people all day everyday who want to know why player X offensive consistency is lower than player Y’s.

But he seems pretty hyper focused on the numbers and getting things right, so I think that’s pretty cool

Last edited by Therebelyell626; 01-17-2024 at 11:59 AM.
Old 01-17-2024, 01:18 PM   #44
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

I see what you mean about tone, but I don’t think it’s hard to convey here. I reply to people here just about the same way I talk to people in life—with respect. Sugarcoating can be used with snowflakes, but respect can be used for the general population; people who don’t use respect often shame you for being the one with the problem—the snowflake.

It’s not my job to tell people how to reply, but it’s also not my hobby to tell people they don’t know this, they don’t watch that, or to take the superior high ground by putting them down. Sometimes I have asked questions on OS before using Google, so I get it: sometimes you’d just like an innocent answer to an innocent question. If I see you criticizing 2K on one thread but I have a critique / question about a rating on another one, and you question my knowledge or if I watch games or look at stats or this and that, I’m like geez bruh.

I’ve said this before, but it’s okay to have a different opinion than someone else; personal slights, insults, and all the extra stuff breeds intellectual superiority when all someone was doing was voicing an opinion or asking a question. I deal with both legit and ludicrous questions, too, but my way is different, not necessarily right. I just don’t want anyone on OS giving people advice to ignore me because I can’t put that on anyone else but me.

So yeah, tone is a choice. I look at OS as a community, and it’s nice to see when that community is welcoming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-17-2024, 03:32 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0

Damn I poked the bear with my "novice statements". That was really not my intention and believe me or not, we are practically on the same page (aka "2k does a lousy job with their ratings"; we just have different perspectives/opinions how and how far).

Fair point you definitely have a far better understanding of how the actual 2k rating how's and why's. And I didnt mean to call this out, I just think the way 2k does things with their ratings (e.g. rolling the dice with the athletic attributes and almost never changing them after; using different upscaled advanced metrics to "overrate" roleplayers, quickly bumping players on the hotstreak, rarely the other way around on a long cold streak and MANY things more) is many times questionable. On the other hand I totally get it the challenge of putting the abilities of a complex sport like basketball in to numbers (and into a videogame).

So let me try to rephrase my bold statements a bit.
First I didn´t mean to compare Peyton Watson and Kawhi in the first place, they just happen to be together in one message.
Secondly I understand that 2k obviously using the metrics/advanced stats according to your facts you´ve given. Therefore the ratings are obviously correct. Thank god you were agreeing with me on OG Anunoby at least.

What I´m doing is doubting this procedure for that. We could go back and forth and hijack this thread for this, but first I doubt that I could reach you with my arguments but more importantly even if we write essays about Opinion A, B, C.... at the end of the day it won´t matter since 2k won´t care (about us) and they don´t do **** about it.

Last but not least, with the experience of watching Basketball for almost 30 years myself and playing ball (on a low level), I still think that having more steals&blocks then fouls/game is an anstounding accomplishment and should be seen (in the ratings). 2k thinks other way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2024, 03:41 PM   #46
MVP

stizz's Arena

OVR: 16

One thing to note Real2kInsider (aka Rashidi) isn’t affiliated with 2k in any way
Old 01-17-2024, 03:59 PM   #47
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd@os
I see what you mean about tone, but I don’t think it’s hard to convey here. I reply to people here just about the same way I talk to people in life—with respect.
You are far from above making snide comments and taking potshots. You are not some balanced, moral paragon.

Quote:
It’s not my job to tell people how to reply, but it’s also not my hobby to tell people they don’t know this, they don’t watch that, or to take the superior high ground by putting them down. Sometimes I have asked questions on OS before using Google, so I get it: sometimes you’d just like an innocent answer to an innocent question. If I see you criticizing 2K on one thread but I have a critique / question about a rating on another one, and you question my knowledge or if I watch games or look at stats or this and that, I’m like geez bruh.
The vast majority of the people I have issues with aren't asking questions. They are telling you the answer.

A few of your favorite people aren't trying to have a conversation either. Not that it's stopped your personal bias from taking sides.

Quote:
So yeah, tone is a choice. I look at OS as a community, and it’s nice to see when that community is welcoming.
The funny thing is I actually work in hospitality and "tone" with guests is one of my strengths. "It's not what you say, but how you say it" is one of my adages. I absolutely don't have the same tone here as I do at work, so what changes?

My written words are stylistically much more direct & matter-of-fact compared to how I come across in other media or IRL. My fingers are much harder than my tongue. I am a sarcastic New Yorker at heart, but actually fairly light-hearted / joking which maybe comes across in my head better than it does on paper.

OS is also not a professional, welcoming atmosphere. These are the streets. My account here was created 20 years ago, so there's quite a bit of history here that perhaps manifests when I click the reply button. My delivery and approach has changed quite a bit over the last 20 years. I was significantly more emotional, combative, and took things way more personally 20 years ago, relative to now. I'm sure some people still equate me with the person whom I used to be, but I can't really control that / worry about it.

Quote:
I just don’t want anyone on OS giving people advice to ignore me because I can’t put that on anyone else but me.
I am actually okay with this. I don't need anyone's validation, and my goal has never been to be liked / popular. My audience is mostly going to be the people who cut through the noise and are more interested in the Art and approach, rather than a base feeling.

(And also, contrary to what one might think, I do not enjoy being the center of attention or making things about me - I think in this instance it is important to explain my inner-workings to inform future interactions).

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 01-17-2024 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-17-2024, 04:13 PM   #48
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21

Hence me saying "...my way is different, not necessarily right." I've never claimed to be some balanced, moral paragon; the right side of my body is actually stronger than my left.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »