Home

Old 01-12-2024, 09:07 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Graphics

I did not play last year, but just purchased 2k24 and it seams like the graphics went backwards!! I’m. It feeling it and disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2024, 05:50 PM   #2
Roster Editor

jd@os's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Graphics

Just in case this gets closed, it is a topic that has been brought up many times (so it's not just you). Some agree with you (myself included) while others disagree. Gameplay matters most, but I couldn't get past the graphics regression and went back to 2K23 (but I still have my copy of 2K24 for collector's purposes).

The only other time I went back to the previous version of a game due to graphics was from Madden '94 back to '93.
Old 01-17-2024, 11:55 AM   #3
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

When it comes to graphics, lighting is everything in these games. The lighting changed in 2k24 for sure. It doesn't keep me from playing, but I'd be lying if I said I haven't been underwhelmed by the graphics in this years game. Thing is, it's not just 2k, I expected more from this generations console than what I feel we've gotten so far. There are only a handful of games where I can say, I've been blown away.
Old 01-17-2024, 12:51 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
When it comes to graphics, lighting is everything in these games. The lighting changed in 2k24 for sure. It doesn't keep me from playing, but I'd be lying if I said I haven't been underwhelmed by the graphics in this years game. Thing is, it's not just 2k, I expected more from this generations console than what I feel we've gotten so far. There are only a handful of games where I can say, I've been blown away.
Probably because this generation sacrificed graphics to be able to give you 4K @ 60 FPS. Pretty clear after the last couple of years, pretty much all games have regressed their graphics to ensure they provide a smooth experience for those users.

As someone who games at max 1440p, it's disappointing, but understandable where these resources got put into
Old 01-17-2024, 05:02 PM   #5
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

All effort went to the park and city garbage. I've said this in the past and got some blowback for asking for Last of Us quality. I still think it's possible if they dig their heels and have at it.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »