Home

NBA 2k25 NEEDS a actual Next Gen C.A.P!

This is a discussion on NBA 2k25 NEEDS a actual Next Gen C.A.P! within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2024, 12:14 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2k25 NEEDS a actual Next Gen C.A.P!

I havent bought 2K since 19, i got this one because of the MyEra which is a cool concept. But the create a player is just SLIGHTLY better than last gen. For a next gen game, it is so limited.

Mustaches, goatees, and even sideburns should be separate categories like how WWE 2k games does it. And theres no receding hairline options, clearly every NBA player has a perfect hairline. Also, whats the point of having accessories like goggles in the game if you cant even put it on created characters??

My biggest gripe with the game though is the face system. You have to pick a certain face to get certain feature, which is stupid as hell. Why not just a slider system like THE SHOW? Or saints row? That would be much easier than using random preset head and facial features. Like seriously some of the nose and mouth options are so ridiculous, who the hell would even use them? I see no creaters ever use them, sliders would be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2024, 12:49 AM   #2
VFL

LeBlonde James's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2k25 NEEDS a actual Next Gen C.A.P!

I feel you...brow type and chins are pretty much useless past default on most head presets, feels like they're glitched. Sliders to move features up and down are needed.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk
Old 03-01-2024, 01:10 AM   #3
Rookie

More than 10 skin tones and 7 usable hair colors would be nice. A color gradient system for hair and skin like MLB The Show has. More than one preset Asian guy would be good too.

Also like WWE, MLB The Show also has a facial hair system where you can add multiple facial hairs together. At least add a goatee option without the "soul patch".

I agree with you on the weird nose and mouth options, I barely use most of the higher number ones because they look so weird. One of the biggest problems I have is with the eyes, you can open eyelids up wider but can't close them.

I'm not a CAP expert by any means but creating some real players no longer in the game is basically impossible with the current system.
Old 03-01-2024, 01:17 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeBlonde James
I feel you...brow type and chins are pretty much useless past default on most head presets, feels like they're glitched. Sliders to move features up and down are needed.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Yeah most brows start looking like Klingons from star trek if you use anything but the default. I noticed that im using the same presets for different characters because they look the most normal and thats not a good thing

Old 03-01-2024, 01:19 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DL1287
More than 10 skin tones and 7 usable hair colors would be nice. A color gradient system for hair and skin like MLB The Show has. More than one preset Asian guy would be good too.

Also like WWE, MLB The Show also has a facial hair system where you can add multiple facial hairs together. At least add a goatee option without the "soul patch".

I agree with you on the weird nose and mouth options, I barely use most of the higher number ones because they look so weird. One of the biggest problems I have is with the eyes, you can open eyelids up wider but can't close them.

I'm not a CAP expert by any means but creating some real players no longer in the game is basically impossible with the current system.

Pretty sure NBA 2k is the most successful game out of the 3 (WWE and MLB). Its time for 2k to stop being lazy and overhaul the CAP system. Mlb and Wwe customization is leaps ahead.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2024, 07:38 AM   #6
Rookie

I agree with all points made, but Im wondering if having a decent CAP system hurts the MYTEAM stuff.

Before MYTEAM was added, you could create some great looking CAPS, since then the system has not progressed and if anything it has regressed compared to the generation of console we have available.

My point is, and I know not everyone plays MYTEAM (me included) that being able to create very close player models for legends and lesser known players alike somehow might interfere with a revenue stream.

Feel free to shoot me down, these are just my thoughts.
Old 03-01-2024, 07:53 AM   #7
Rookie

I miss being able to create accurate Charles Barkleys like this..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg download.jpg (5.6 KB, 98 views)
Old 03-01-2024, 03:34 PM   #8
Rookie

noarmsduck's Arena

Agreed. Both NBA 2k and MLBTS CAP put Madden to shame though lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »