Home

NBA 2K14 Impressions (PS4/Xbox One)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 Impressions (PS4/Xbox One) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 12-03-2013, 10:28 AM   #641
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA 2K14 Impressions (PS4/Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Timber Wolf
Easily the best on court basketball game ever. Weight, position, physics all finally are factors. The game feels 'alive' like no other sports game I have ever played.

Unfortunately, the game has MASSIVE bugs all through it. Rosters that don't load, settings messed up, play books defaulting to the wrong team. Everything now depends on how it is patched. It could go down as a great game OR it may well go down as a disgraceful mess. 2K needs to respond.
I can forgive its shortcomings as the game looks and plays as good as those trailers promised. For me, its def a true next gen experience
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2013, 10:51 AM   #642
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuhead
What does that have to do with anything he's complaining about Captain Save A Ho?
U sound like a 12yr old..

How about u try reading his last line of that post
Old 12-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #643
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealHST
Im.not sure I should get this game now. Ill wait till the end of the year ...spring summer and gdt it cheap. Im officially waiting 2k15 and Madden 15 next gen. Its probably better to wait it out a year anyway. You guys were the guinea pigs for all of us. The information you have all gathered is telling me to avoid this game completely. Which is hard to do. Its like avoiding Kate Upton naked on your bed because you see shes drooling and farting..but shes still Kate Upton

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Agreed on your assessment of waiting on 2K15 and Madden 15. Drooling is one thing (yuck), but farting? Please. Kate gets it. Trust me, my GF farts all the time around. Means nothing to me. I laugh with her and I'm still loving her.

Sad to say it, but the first year of sports games are a beta test. It was all about graphics, not modes. I'll give kudos on gameplay. It's good. I see no reason for me to rush and get a PS4...
Old 12-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #644
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphins88
Easily the most "alive" and best looking sports game I've ever played. If we get patches , season mode, 30 team user control easily the best sports game. The show should be good too on ps4. If we could only get same love for football and hockey.
I played it for the 1st time for 2 hours last night. Scoring feels great. The players move, and the animations are very responsive. I did not play 2k14 on CG just so I could enjoy NG THAT much more. I hate the menus. And defense is a challenge and also a chore. i love the fact this game punishes you for spamming the steal button with fouls or blowing right by you ...that is what a good game SHOULD do. But I hate the close outs by the defense on perimeter shooters. No way should anyone leave Ray Allen, Wade, pierce, Terry etc. As much space as the CPU defenders allow. So not only do I have to play excellent defense at the point of Attack to limit penetration, I have to help rebound (way too many offensive boards) and close out on shooters. A great TEAM does need to do ALL of that to be successful but not even MJ could do THAT much on his own.

All that being said. Great game. I have a Samsung high end plasma and cant express how good this game looks and "feels". Blocks are a bit overpowered ...but I enjoy a good swat as much as a monster dunk. in my first few games I have executed a perfect Kobe fall away and a Melo reverse pivot spin with a kiss off the glass.

I just hope they can patch some more user control in this bad boy ...
Old 12-03-2013, 07:09 PM   #645
Pro

FedExPope's Arena

OVR: 7

Very unhappy with how AI players play off the ball. They go inside when they're good shooters when I pass them the ball and vice versa. Sometimes they crowd the paint when I'm posted up. If a play is supposed to be run but I'm tired of running it for the 30th time that game, they'll stand around if the person who's supposed to have the ball doesn't, which can lead to bad spacing and players in the wrong spots on the floor. But maybe the most annoying thing is, NOBODY SEEMS TO KNOW HOW TO GET THEIR FEET BEHIND THE ARC! This is especially true in the corners. These good 3 point shooters will camp in the corner, and when I get them the ball their foot is on the line and the shot ends up being a 2. In prev gen when this would happen it would seem the computer would auto correct for you as you went to shoot - gamey perhaps, but Kyle Korver isn't going to accidentally have his foot on the line when he has a wide open corner 3, so it made up for the AI's dumb behavior.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2013, 02:04 AM   #646
Rookie

OVR: 2

Can't you adjust the duration of cpu games in MYCareer anymore? I always play 6 min. quarters with sll the other games going the full distance. Hence, the stats of all players of my team are miserable. That sucks.
On the "Pro" difficulty level the shooting percentages in general and especially the 3pt. Percentage are too high. I could not find any sliders to adjust that?
Old 12-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #647
Banned

OVR: 1

A few things that make me really MAD when playing this game:

- I have TOO MANY turnovers. The CPU intercepts too many passes, it's freaking annoying. This MUST be lowered.

- This goes hand with hand with the previous: I don't see the stick when using "Icon Pass", so most of the time I can't avoid an interception or even a steal from the CPU.

- CPU gets too many offensive rebounds, because there is not box-out whatsoever. It is annoying as hell.

The game has grown near unplayable to me. Other than that the game is fine but those things are making me crazy.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #648
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

This animation has been hurting 2K for years IMO.

It occurs when a guy with the ball runs in to a defender and is bumped back 2 steps. Whatever move he was in or direction he was heading is killed (Im choosing to ognore the fact its a foul every time) I was running down on fastbreak full speed with Westbrook and he got sucked into this animation from Collison. No way this would actually happen.

Players absorb contact. Watch Reggie Jackson navigate a pick and roll. He takes contact but it never shunts him backwards 2 steps. The 'hit zone' for this animation is very large so it activates even when the ball handler is not going directly at the defenders chest.

It shouldnt be necessary to cross guys over to get by them. Watch how often guys do it by simply speed bursting and getting their front shoulder by.

A solution? Dont make the defender's entire body and the area around them as the 'hitzone' that activates the animation. If the defender is highly rated and keeping up increase their chances of not letting them by, rather than pushing them back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »