Home

NBA 2K14: As Problems Mount, Some Gamers Getting Refunds from Retailers

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: As Problems Mount, Some Gamers Getting Refunds from Retailers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2014, 11:32 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 2
Weird, I'm still having fun playing it......oh, well, I don't want a refund or to get rid of it.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:23 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 0
Feeling like I made the right decision to stay on current gen.. It'll get worked out eventually, but glad I din't fork over $399 as 2k was one of the first games I would have bought
Old 01-07-2014, 12:24 AM   #51
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K14: As Problems Mount, Some Gamers Getting Refunds from Retailers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdareal21
I'm certainly not trying to jinx my own experience, but I can't believe so many people are having this many issues with the game. For me 2K10 was a broken experience online, this isn't that. Out of 20 games or so I got disconnected twice, and my setup is about as archaic as it comes for Wi-fi. As far as the other modes I've only been playing MyCareer, and after I turned off action replays, it's only quit on me once in over 30 games, I'm well into January in my first season. Not saying these issues aren't very real, but I don't know if it's as widespread as the internet leads you to believe nowadays...
Uh...it is as widespread. It has nothing to do with your connection either - it's all 2k's servers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2014, 12:55 AM   #52
Rookie

Can I get a refund on my ng digital copy from PSN?
Old 01-07-2014, 04:30 AM   #53
Rookie

Interesting article. I just took 2K back to Best Buy Saturday. I simply told them "It doesn't work". It's ridiculous for this game to be in this state for so long. Fortunately for me they didn't have another copy of 2K in the store. Only 3 copies of Live. I told the guy don't even bother trying to look for another 2K. I'll take the LIve.
So I turned that game in, got Live and 20 bucks back (Live was on sale for 39.99). Honestly, I've been having more fun with Live also. 2K felt so scripted to me that I really never finished games because I can see "the switch flip" in 2K for when the script was kicking in. I don't feel any of that with Live. I'm really enjoying it. Just wish they can get the polish on it like 2K has and fix a few other issues.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:28 AM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 2

I didn't want to start a new thread

so i'm moving in 2 days, therefore i won't have internet for awhile, does that mean i have to play with the day 1 roster? unless i use my phone's hot spot other wise i'm doomed?!?!?

wtf!?!?!?!?
Old 01-07-2014, 08:13 AM   #55
Banned

I might hold out until MLB The Show with 2K and just play a season. MyGM is broken with glitches and I can't just play QuickGames all the time. I love basketball and all but I didn't buy PS4 to use as a BluRay player. First time ever trading it in before the release of the new 2K15 in October. I am glad the Nazi EA-esque VC and microtransactions backfired on them because 2K is a great company. This shows that Jesus loves 2K and wants them to revert back to their successful ways.

Better luck next year, 2K.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2014, 08:27 AM   #56
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I just cant wrap my head around all the modes being tied to online...I mean, nobody in the board room said: "Well, our servers havent been reliable in a very long time, maybe this isnt such a good idea"

Nobody?

Ronnie and LD2k are going to have a heck of a time trying to market this game here next year LOL. I think its time for 2k go into damage control mode...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »