Home

NBA 2K15 Will Have Ernie Johnson and Shaq, Not Inside the NBA

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Will Have Ernie Johnson and Shaq, Not Inside the NBA within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 08-21-2014, 07:05 AM   #105
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: NBA 2K15 Will Have Ernie Johnson and Shaq, Not Inside the NBA

Yeah, 2 team commentary would nice, FIFA has it for English commentaries and it's quite refreshing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 12:06 PM   #106
Cheeseproof.com

quehouston's Arena

OVR: 14

I honestly can't believe how many people hate Shaq on Inside The NBA. I think he's hilarious.
@_quehouston and @cheeseproof
Old 08-21-2014, 12:22 PM   #107
MVP

OVR: 1

EJ will be a solid addition, whether for the halftime or as a third commentator.

Shaq is going to get old quick. Please don't let him do the halftime alone. If this mean Shaqtin a fool for cheezers and bad playing, that would be highly amusing.

They should have gotten Webber as a third commentator and EJ do the halftime show.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:55 PM   #108
Banned

RogerBlack's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I would welcome a 2nd commentary team because I know that 2K would do it right. The way to differentiate game importance, I would have a different more muted presentation package. The commentatators would be the same, but everything else would be different. There would be no courtside shots of them talking; no fancy starting 5 lineups; no celebrities and no hyped up crowd. A game between cellar dwellers like the 76ers and Jazz in January would not feel like the matchup between the Cavs and Thunder. For meh matchups games i would suggest something like the old 2k9 ish presentation. Screen wipes and all. For the marquee national interest games I would go with the TNTish package. I hope that makes sense.
Changing the presentation so dramatically would show 'favoritism' towards certain teams.

2K would not be able to do that without permission from the league.

There are 30 teams in the NBA.

It would be a disservice to the ENTIRE league (and a disservice to large groups of gamers from certain cities) if 2K treated certain teams like a 'red-headed stepchild', as far as presentation goes.

Regardless if the squad is still rebuilding, or winning back-to-back championships.... the NBA would never go for that.

Yesterday's 'cellar dwellers'... could be tomorrow's 'champions'.

So the NBA Owners would get p!ssed if their 'brands' were not represented equally.

Last edited by RogerBlack; 08-21-2014 at 01:03 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:19 PM   #109
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBlack
Changing the presentation so dramatically would show 'favoritism' towards certain teams.

2K would not be able to do that without permission from the league.

There are 30 teams in the NBA.

It would be a disservice to the ENTIRE league (and a disservice to large groups of gamers from certain cities) if 2K treated certain teams like a 'red-headed stepchild', as far as presentation goes.

Regardless if the squad is still rebuilding, or winning back-to-back championships.... the NBA would never go for that.

Yesterday's 'cellar dwellers'... could be tomorrow's 'champions'.

So the NBA Owners would get p!ssed if their 'brands' were not represented equally.

It would be just for the purpose of Association mode. The regular play-now, head to head games would feature all of the presentation bells and whistles anyway. That's not what I was implying, sorry for the confusion. It would give the big games a big game feel. 2K kinda does it now. On the XB1/PS4 there is a different starting 5 graphic that shows the players and their stats before big games and during the playoffs. I'm just suggesting taking that a bit further to differentiate marquee matchups from the regular ho hum games.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:26 PM   #110
Banned

Man Shaq is as corny as they come. Dude thinks he's so funny, and I just be SMH. Having Barkley and Kenny... with Ernie would've been more than enough. I think it will still be good, because 2k always deliver with presentation, but yea... I'm not a fan of Shaq on Inside the NBA as well.
Old 08-21-2014, 05:42 PM   #111
MVP

No way, get rid of Clark Kellogg.his commentary is always so bad and grating.
I'd like the crowd to be louder and chant some different things especially during the playoffs.also if they would have intros for the starting lineups would be good
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-21-2014, 07:51 PM   #112
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27

Since we probably won't have Chuck and Kenny or any other national broadcasters (that I know of) I personally (since I'm a Charlotte fan) would love to get rid of Kellogg for Steve Martin and Dell Curry. Martin is an interesting character and really gets into the games and Curry provides good insight from a former pro.

But I mean c'mon, I've only ever seen Kellogg during the NCAA Tournament, he's better suited for College Hoops (which we'll probably never see again) than NBA 2K. Having Marv Albert just for big games during the regular season and the playoffs. The other team (in my hypothetical case, Steve and Dell) would call the other games. That would be cool. Hearing that, "Yes!" and "What a spectacular move by..." during the playoffs or on Christmas Day would be freaking awesome.

NFL
Carolina Panthers

College
Carolina Tar Heels

Won't change until:
1) Hornets win a playoff game
2) Panthers win a Super Bowl
3) Tar Heels win another championship (Completed: 4/3/2017)

PSN:BetterHigh1990

Starting 1/10/12

Last edited by Jakeness23; 08-24-2014 at 12:46 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »