Home

No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed

This is a discussion on No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2014, 05:57 PM   #89
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
You can rent it for like $2 a day from red box.
For what it's worth, I could. But I'd rather not spend anything. Unfortunately, even the closest Redbox to us is quite a drive. If a demo were available, I could check it out, either preorder or pick up day 1.

As it is, I'll wait it out. The San Antonio vs Heat footage showed some improvement, even though it's obviously on a easier difficulty. I'll wait to see some hands on footage.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:02 PM   #90
Banned

OVR: 0

Seriously though...Can you imagine how buggy those 2K servers will be for the demo? Probably no worse than 2K14, now that I think about it. Anyway, there's no chance they're going to put out a demo knowing their history of tech problems. There's absolutely NOTHING to gain by letting us complain non-stop about recurring problems that have been baggage to the series for several years.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:05 PM   #91

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
For what it's worth, I could. But I'd rather not spend anything. Unfortunately, even the closest Redbox to us is quite a drive. If a demo were available, I could check it out, either preorder or pick up day 1.

As it is, I'll wait it out. The San Antonio vs Heat footage showed some improvement, even though it's obviously on a easier difficulty. I'll wait to see some hands on footage.
But you said best case scenario is buying it on craigslist which is still spending something.

I get it, I don't rent games either because coverage here is enough for me on games but it's not at all fair to say they only way you can play a game if there is no demo is to buy it.

If redbox is too far there is gamefly. There are many options if you want to play it before buying it. I'm sure there will even be kiosks at Best Buys with the game once it's out if you don't want to pay anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 06:17 PM   #92
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
Was truly hoping for a demo. Some of the things that bother me can only be felt. I guess best case scenario is wait for it used on Craigslist, or for some impressions from the guys that have the same issues that I have.

Worst part, is I had been told recently to wait for the demo, and judge for myself to see how much of the things were fixed, and how much remained.
2k Demos as we all know are usually pretty stripped down...would a demo from them really give you that feeling you need? Has it with past demos from them? Curious
Old 09-21-2014, 06:19 PM   #93
Pro

bxphenom7's Arena

OVR: 9
2k doesn't have to release a demo. Live does. Demos are great to have but they take away from development time for the retail version. If you're a company trying to win back market share, then a demo is more appropriate. PES was in this position and their demo has caught people's attention. This is what Live has to do, so I'm not surprised 2k decided to not to release a demo.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:30 PM   #94
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
2k Demos as we all know are usually pretty stripped down...would a demo from them really give you that feeling you need? Has it with past demos from them? Curious
All I need is gameplay, seeing what level of control I have. If it forces me into animations, and out of position defensively, that's where I get aggravated.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:33 PM   #95
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
All I need is gameplay, seeing what level of control I have. If it forces me into animations, and out of position defensively, that's where I get aggravated.
Maybe next time you should turn defensive assist off

You can force the controls in a certain way where you're doing all kinds of crazy stuff too unintended, but I agree that you shouldnt be always forced out of position just because. Now if it makes sense thats another argument.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 06:46 PM   #96
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
It would for me. I'm more interested in the gameplay side of things, and you can't see differences from watching videos.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »