Home

NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Revealed For the 75th Overall Rated Player Through 51

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Revealed For the 75th Overall Rated Player Through 51 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2014, 04:58 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Revealed For the 75th Overall Rated Player Through 51

Someone needs to explain to me how Brandon Jennings' 37/33/75 (or 48.6% TS and an abysmal sub-40% in 2pt% or sub-50% finishing in the paint) or porous defense is deserving of an 80? I mean, he's an okay playmaker when he's not jacking up 15 shots (or 6 threes at an pretty low success rate) per game, but I'm at a loss for why he's so high other than for statistical volume's sake.

Last edited by love; 09-24-2014 at 05:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 05:01 PM   #26
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Revealed For the 75th Overall Rated Player Through 51

It's been a longtime but the QC finally has 3 guys ranked in the top 50 of a 2K videogame lol.

Kemba, Lance and Big Al are going to be a fun big 3 to play as
Old 09-24-2014, 05:11 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketTMac1
It's been a longtime but the QC finally has 3 guys ranked in the top 50 of a 2K videogame lol.

Kemba, Lance and Big Al are going to be a fun big 3 to play as
Hornets, 6ers and Lakers are gonna be my three MyGM save files that I'm gonna rape with building/rebuilding

They already are fun to play, especially when MKG develops something that looks like a jumpshot. Big Al-Vonleh-MKG-Lance-Kemba is nice and young lineup.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:12 PM   #28
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by love
Someone needs to explain to me how Brandon Jennings' 37/33/75 (or 48.6% TS and an abysmal sub-40% in 2pt% or sub-50% finishing in the paint) or porous defense is deserving of an 80? I mean, he's an okay playmaker when he's not jacking up 15 shots per game, but I'm at a loss for why he's so high other than for statistical volume's sake.
Hey you never know, maybe one of the new position types are high volume, low efficiency, PG at which he rates very high.

And am I going crazy or is Deron Williams still one of the top 50 players in the game?

Last edited by threattonature; 09-24-2014 at 05:17 PM.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:22 PM   #29
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
Hornets, 6ers and Lakers are gonna be my three MyGM save files that I'm gonna rape with building/rebuilding

They already are fun to play, especially when MKG develops something that looks like a jumpshot. Big Al-Vonleh-MKG-Lance-Kemba is nice and young lineup.
Yup. I'm just thinking what will I do when Al gets old. Who will I bring in? Also with Steph Curry talking about a possible homecoming I'll have decisions to make.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:36 PM   #30
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Mods will u please stop all these Ppl frm krying. We all knw Its a new ratings system and Its in place for for them moving forward and making the game more realistic. Im Loving the ratings and The new system and all that awaits us in a kouple more weeks.
Old 09-24-2014, 05:38 PM   #31
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
Just like everybody else forgets the majority of the season

To keep/improve his rating he will have to perform much better than he did in the playoffs. Player's like Hibbert and Bogut impact the game in so many ways that basic statistics can't always show. Having an elite rim protector is a valuable asset to a team. There is a reason teams spend so much money to keep these types around
The scary part is...even WITH his post ASB collapse, advanced metrics will show he was STILL a top 3 (I want to say #1, but I don't remember off the top of head) DEFENSIVE/RIM PROTECTOR center.

There's a stat that shows the average FG% of players against Roy Hibbert when he "contests" shots or uses verticality around the rim relatively to the number of shots taken against him. I'm pretty sure he lead the league by a sizable margin. Also, you have to take in consideration his DWS and how much the defensive metrics are impacted when he's off the floor.

He might have not been much as a scoring or rebounding center, but you can't deny his defensive impact when he's on the floor. Indiana's defensive scheme was to protect the 3PT shot, force players to take tough mid-range jumpers, and "funnel" driving players into Roy Hibbert.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 05:39 PM   #32
Pro

Daddy123's Arena

OVR: 3

Roy Hibbert is a solid player don't get me wrong but after that playoff performance last year, he should be 75 or lower

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »