Home

Top Engineers Spent the Entire NBA 2K15 Dev Cycle Working on Network Infrastructure

This is a discussion on Top Engineers Spent the Entire NBA 2K15 Dev Cycle Working on Network Infrastructure within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 11:11 AM   #177
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Top Engineers Spent the Entire NBA 2K15 Dev Cycle Working on Network Infrastructu

Too bad its still P2P which sucks, because if I play someone from the USA here from Germany it always laggs like ****.
Old 12-31-2014, 12:02 PM   #178
The Illest Villain

MFDOOMBOT's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Top Engineers Spent the Entire NBA 2K15 Dev Cycle Working on Network Infrastructu

Bottom line with so many moving parts is...

You can spend an entire year upgrading your network infrastructure with the latest routers, switches, load balancers, WAN optimizers, firewalls, WAF's & the best SSD servers money can buy...

But if you don't QA & test this network, along with your game code with a huge amount of users, then you are bound to run into major problems when you release.

Take 2 needs to have a beta cycle for NBA2k in the future to avoid these botched launches.

@Jermain_Santana
Pro Am Twitter: @RatedSim
Twitch: xDOOMBOTx
Old 12-31-2014, 01:41 PM   #179
Rookie

OVR: 0

I bought NBA 2K15 about 3 days ago, and I still haven't been able to use online features such as 2K Share or 2K Heroes. As soon as I start the game up, I get the message that the servers are not available, but at the home menu, it correctly displays the Featured Game for that day. What I mean is, for example, for today(December 31, 2014) it shows the featured game of OKC vs Phoenix, and they actually do play tonight, and it also correctly has other games for today correctly displayed in the Quick Game menu as well. But, I can't use other online features. Is there some sort of issue w/my gamertag not being able to access the 2k Share options or what?
Old 12-31-2014, 04:40 PM   #180
Pro

IUxHOOSIERS's Arena

OVR: 2

what a disaster
Old 12-31-2014, 06:59 PM   #181
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

This thread is going nowhere
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »