Home

NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 09-25-2014, 10:30 PM   #129
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I think someone confirmed it to only be on the MP creation menu.
ehh that kinda sucks only cause i usually only play MyGM, oh well i guess!
Old 09-25-2014, 10:32 PM   #130
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Re: NBA 2K15 - 44 More Details About the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I can't hate on that post. Especially the last statement. I want to believe that Rivers is coaching yoU OUTSIDE of the normal season. Like, at some sort of workout/camp sort of thing.

Hopefully....
This is what I'd hope for too, it makes a lot more sense in this scenario as well.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:37 PM   #131
Rookie

swaggedout's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliJ27
Wait so can you only scan your face in MyPlayer? or can you scan your face in regular create-a-player?
[quote] You can used your scanned player model across all the modes your MyPlayer appears in, including MyCareer and online QUOTE]

That quote is from the article. Not sure if it's a fact.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 10:45 PM   #132
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliJ27
ehh that kinda sucks only cause i usually only play MyGM, oh well i guess!
In MyGM, that scanned player is your MP and is the GM. Why would you want a player that looks like the MyGM?
Old 09-25-2014, 10:47 PM   #133
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

"The new MyCareer mode lets you skip games if you prefer to move more quickly through seasons. You can choose which games you want to play, and certain games against good teams or rivals will yield more VC than when you match up with a creampuff team like the Timberwolves or Pistons."

I'm definitely looking forward to this. I didn't like that we couldn't skip any game in the past. After I got my player established, I didn't want to play every game and there were some key games I didn't want to play. There were some matchups I wanted to play but couldn't without playing certain games I didn't want too
Old 09-25-2014, 10:55 PM   #134
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
I don't think anyone is saying they aren't striving to do amazing things and that we don't appreciate that. We do and it's nice to see. The problem is they are going about it the wrong way (case in point the Doc thing). While you can say it doesn't seem far fetched, it actually is when you really think about it:

1. Doc is coaching the Clipps because of CP3 and Blake Griffin
2. It's LA
3. He comes to coach you in your 2nd season

In any logical world how does that make sense? Especially if you are in Detroit or Sacramento. And since you can choose what team you want to tryout and play for what if I want to make the Spurs, would the Spurs really fire Greg Poppovich for Doc Rivers? It's heavy handed and unnecessary just because Doc recorded some audio(how does this even fit the "story" everyone alludes to). I get they want you to closely follow what the coach wants, but that'd be fine without having to force this upon you.

I know there are players out there that like this and think it's cool, but there is going to be a vocal contingent out there that doesn't because it's not the essence of what they came to love in the mode years ago. Do I want the barebones 2k11 mode? Hell no, do I want the Doc Rivers stalker version either? Nope. There is a middle ground, but for now it seems like they are going for the "cool" and "this is awesome." Improving upon the new with elements of its roots should be the goal and not complete unbelievable fantasy mode.

(btw by going completely linear they are boxing themselves into a corner of extra work each year because now the story has to be different every cycle. Also, there is no reason for more than one playthrough because you've seen the cutscenes)

Again I reiterate I don't hate myplayer/mycareer and it is/was one of my fav modes. I also think them doing this stuff to liven up the mode is great, but they are going about it wrong in some aspects.
1 players get injured 2 teams can under achive (im sure in 95 people said no way george karl would leave peyton and kemp) 3 pop said hed retire when tim does 1 year 2? Those teams you mentiond could have completly diferent rosters by the time he get there not to mention your myplayer being a 90 overal. Rivers has alot of connections to other teams as well, played for the hawks, knicks coached the magic, celtics.My point is the landscape of the nba can chance so drastically over time and there are soooo many variables. Its not as unrealistic as people claim. coaches moving to teams that have great young superstar tallent is pretty common. Phill jackson x3, mike brown,doc rivers(remeber how he got to L.a bet boston fans a year before said hed never leave us) Larry brown,george karl. Ithink our mental model of a coach is based on pop in this age,and we fail to realize how truly rare it is to have a guy like that, in that situation, with those types of players. 1 more thing unless i missread the artical it said he comes AFTER your second season thats 3 year from now correct? =)

Last edited by City_foxx; 09-25-2014 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 09-25-2014, 11:01 PM   #135
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Immersion killer is the new made up buzzword.

You guys are going to complain yourselves out of any enjoyment by release.

at least tell them what they are doing right add well so that doesn't change. All guys do now is day what's wrong or what they don't like over and over.

This is likely the best bball game we've ever had potentially but seems like it doesn't matter nowadays
It's tough to tell of whom this post may be referring, for I've noticed that many of the folks who do not favor the direction of MyCareer (myself included) have actually seemed awfully willing to praise many of the other moves 2K's made this year (MyLeague, for starters, looks incredible).

Perhaps when there's an unpopular aspect introduced (seemingly the Doc Rivers angle), the disagreeable folks staying on topic and voicing their displeasure (and discussing it further as the thread & conversation may invite) drowns out the manner with which other aspects of the game that were previously praised in numerous other threads. But it does not mean that praise does not exist.

There's a lot of great alterations made by 2K this year. But that does not mean people must force positivity in other aspects they may not necessarily support (which I would not assume is what you are suggesting anyhow). Regarding the buzz phrase "immersion killer", I think it's popping up because immersion issues themselves are popping up in the MyCareer mode, a feature whose former implementation seemed to suggest that immersion was the absolute name of the game. If 3 Ninjas dialogue negatively affects one's immersion, then I'd say "immersion killer" or "implementation detrimental to the realistic portrayal of a simulation product and subsequent enjoyment derived from a mode largely hinged upon immersion" should both be acceptable labels.

Last edited by VDusen04; 09-25-2014 at 11:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 11:05 PM   #136
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
It's tough to tell of whom this post may be referring, for I've noticed that many of the folks who do not favor the direction of MyCareer (myself included) have actually seemed awfully willing to praise many of the other moves 2K's made this year (MyLeague, for starters, looks incredible).

Perhaps when there's an unpopular aspect introduced (seemingly the Doc Rivers angle), the disagreeable folks staying on topic and voicing their displeasure (and discussing it further as the thread & conversation may invite) drowns out the manner other aspects of the game that were previously praised in numerous other threads.

There's a lot of great alterations made by 2K this year. But that does not mean people must force positivity in other aspects they may not necessarily support. And regarding the buzz phrase "immersion killer", I think it's popping up because immersion issues themselves are popping up in the MyCareer mode, a mode whose former mission statement seemed as if immersion was the absolute name of the game. If 3 Ninjas dialogue negatively affects one's immersion, then I'm uncertain what else they're supposed to call it.
No particular as there have been some good ideas but they'll never been seen because the threads they're posted in are poison.

I don't think people take the constructive seriously but it's their waste of key strokes.

I honestly am not vested in this mode and hasn't since the first one so it makes me no difference. I play to enjoy myself for my 60 bucks either way.

Immersion killer for a game people haven't played yet off of their personal gripes as if it's everyones and it's not. I hate buzz words period. ... this is no acception.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »