Home

2K15 Post Your Facescan Thread

This is a discussion on 2K15 Post Your Facescan Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2014, 06:02 PM   #785
Rookie

iamcline's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K15 Post Your Facescan Thread

My scan is on PS4, her is a reference pic:

Here's a youtube video of my facescan:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8v62MxwRlzg
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2014, 07:15 PM   #786
Rookie

SladeWilson's Arena

Man, you guys that got yours to come out correctly are proving how awesome this tech can be. Some of your scans are just incredible. Hopefully 2K can make some tweaks to allow easier creation. It seems like the margin of error is razor thin. But again, to all you who have their scans come out right, they look great.
Old 10-11-2014, 07:29 PM   #787
Rookie

GiantsFan2013's Arena

I'm on Xbox One.

This was my 2nd most recent attempt. Light in my bedroom on, white sheet on my wall, iPhone flashlight behind Kinect Camera, a little light from outside (7PM and it is rainy) to the right of me. (Note: I'm White.)

My 2nd try tonight. Turned the bedroom light off, still have white sheet on the wall behind me, kept the window open (still 7PM and rainy so not much light from that, to the right on me). iPhone flashlight behind Kinect. Skin tone is obviously much better, but my face still comes out distorted. Again, I'm white.

Can someone give me some tips? I think the bedroom light was making my skintone a lot worse, but I don't know why my face is coming out weird. Also, I always have trouble with getting a Green Box. Have to turn my system off and then on again for it to recognize me.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:04 PM   #788
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantsFan2013
I'm on Xbox One.

This was my 2nd most recent attempt. Light in my bedroom on, white sheet on my wall, iPhone flashlight behind Kinect Camera, a little light from outside (7PM and it is rainy) to the right of me. (Note: I'm White.)

My 2nd try tonight. Turned the bedroom light off, still have white sheet on the wall behind me, kept the window open (still 7PM and rainy so not much light from that, to the right on me). iPhone flashlight behind Kinect. Skin tone is obviously much better, but my face still comes out distorted. Again, I'm white.

Can someone give me some tips? I think the bedroom light was making my skintone a lot worse, but I don't know why my face is coming out weird. Also, I always have trouble with getting a Green Box. Have to turn my system off and then on again for it to recognize me.
Your entire face needs to be in the box. Not your face, your entire head.

After you do that, find a spot that you can comfortably turn your head left and right without the scan losing track of you. If it loses track of you at any point, pish B and start over. I tried all the tricks in the book and I am super pale. Like Nik Stauskas white.

I recommend a happy medium of light for my pale skinned brothers out there, if you get too much, the ref points drop dramatically, however if it's too dark, you get too tan or blackface. I did mine in Mid day with one lamp on to my right.

No sheet, no overhead light, no phone light, no special tricks.

For the face distortion, that's because you dont have enough neck in the box. Pick your chin up much more.

That's all the help I can give. Keep trying. To satisfying to see all of the work.
Old 10-11-2014, 09:40 PM   #789
Rookie

GiantsFan2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA Money14
Your entire face needs to be in the box. Not your face, your entire head.

After you do that, find a spot that you can comfortably turn your head left and right without the scan losing track of you. If it loses track of you at any point, pish B and start over. I tried all the tricks in the book and I am super pale. Like Nik Stauskas white.

I recommend a happy medium of light for my pale skinned brothers out there, if you get too much, the ref points drop dramatically, however if it's too dark, you get too tan or blackface. I did mine in Mid day with one lamp on to my right.

No sheet, no overhead light, no phone light, no special tricks.

For the face distortion, that's because you dont have enough neck in the box. Pick your chin up much more.

That's all the help I can give. Keep trying. To satisfying to see all of the work.
Tried everything you said. Moved a bunch of things around, tried at least 5 different lighting set-ups, and moved my face around a bunch of different times. Still looks terrible. I appreciate your help, but they need to make this a lot easier. Don't know why they can't just have you take 5 pictures - One straight on, two to each side (30 degree angle), and two side profiles. That would have a 99% success rate.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:21 PM   #790
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34

Finally. Now I can finally place all the lamps and furniture back in its place. Shouldn't be this hard

Sent from my iPhone
Old 10-11-2014, 11:04 PM   #791
Rookie

GiantsFan2013's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
Finally. Now I can finally place all the lamps and furniture back in its place. Shouldn't be this hard

Xbox One? And how'd you do it!!!? hahaa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2014, 11:44 PM   #792
Rookie

OVR: 1

i wish i could get that damn green box to stay green for more then 10 seconds. i have yet to scan my face. farthest i have gotten was 31%. i dont understand how it can be lit green and as soon as the screen goes white it looses my face.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »