Home

Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

This is a discussion on Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2014, 08:58 PM   #97
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

There actually is a good reason to have these modes tied to online. It's all the fault of My Player. Because people can cheat offline and then bring their players online 2K needs to keep track of VC to make sure there's no cheating.
Old 10-09-2014, 08:59 PM   #98
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotobu
There actually is a good reason to have these modes tied to online. It's all the fault of My Player. Because people can cheat offline and then bring their players online 2K needs to keep track of VC to make sure there's no cheating.
or just make them two separate modes. So whatever people do offline...they can't bring it online.

Treat it like an online franchise.

Problem solved.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:01 PM   #99
Pro

OVR: 0

OS owes a responsibility to the general public to beat this issue into the ground.

There are times in life when you have to throw your hands up and cry and whine like a little girl and not stop complaining about it.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:25 PM   #100
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

I've actually had no issues the past two days, and I have a notoriously bad internet.

The first night was awful, but since then, I've been good.

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Old 10-09-2014, 09:38 PM   #101
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dos_Santos
OS owes a responsibility to the general public to beat this issue into the ground.

There are times in life when you have to throw your hands up and cry and whine like a little girl and not stop complaining about it.
If you turned on your console, started 2K15, and were greeted with this:

Then your point is duly noted.

But if not, you might need to take a step back and realize that some folks are experiencing this same exact thing for the 2nd year in a row, where they spent money on & in a game, and it just vanishes.

If that's not the case, then you might wanna stop being that dude on an internet forum that's compelled to tell people what they can complain about, and how much they're permitted to do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 09:45 PM   #102
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number999
I feel like everyone keeps expecting some sort of server magician to just come into 2k and fix everything.

EVERY server goes down and has issues. I can't think of a single sports game that doesn't, whether it be EA Servers, 2k Servers or whatever you'd like. I seriously doubt some revolutionary technology is gonna come around and fix that. They should allow you to keep MyPlayer, MyLeague, MyGM, etc.. all offline though. Whether it be cause people have crappy internet or the severs suck.
I buy madden every year and 2k every year and cod every year. First lets begin with 2k.....

Servers are down roughly 30% of the time and whent hey are up they are fairly laggy.

Madden: Mut servers go down every once in a while for an hour. Game works perfectly fine day 1 and i experience minimal lag during online games

Cod: Can think of maybe 2-3 times in the last 5 years in which a cod server went down.

Im not sure what 2k does for their servers but it is obviously wrong because its the same thing every year. When compared to every online game I have ever played 2k servers are a joke. When there is a post about 2k doubling madden in sales and they cant even get their hands on somebody who knows how to build/maintain a half decent server that is downright embarrassing.

Every year i subject myself to buying this and there are never any improvements as an online gamer, in fact it just gets worse and worse.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:45 PM   #103
Rookie

wferguson05's Arena

Unfortunately due to the incompetence of 2K and their inability to have consistent servers for many seasons, I have requested and received a refund for my digital purchase and will not be taking part in playing the title until further notice. Lets hope Live comes through in 2.5 weeks.
Old 10-09-2014, 09:45 PM   #104
Rookie

OVR: 1

Having a good time until I decide to upgrade my attributes with 3000 points..and I get disconnected, sent to the menu and unable to connect..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »