Home

I found a way to break 2k

This is a discussion on I found a way to break 2k within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience

Old 03-26-2015, 07:08 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I found a way to break 2k

I made a draft class entirely made of up 40 years olds and used that everytime it asked me to load a new draft class. Within 15 years every team had less than five players on it and it wouldn't allow any more simming.

Anyone find anything else crazy and fun to do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2015, 07:13 PM   #2
Pro

Re: I found a way to break 2k

That's supposed to be fun? I must be getting old.
Old 03-26-2015, 07:23 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bonium
That's supposed to be fun? I must be getting old.
I was just curious what would happen if the nba ran out of players in 2k. Took in total the length of a King of the Hill episode.
Old 03-27-2015, 02:17 PM   #4
Rookie

Lol this is kinda interesting. Any other random **** youve done?
Old 03-27-2015, 06:03 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpOffMang
Lol this is kinda interesting. Any other random **** youve done?
Honestly the best thing I've ever done 2k related was in 2k14. I have the PC version so I got the ultimate base roster mod. The ultimate base roster mod includes every NBA season roster from 1960 till 2015. All cyberfaces and very accurate. It also includes every single draft class from 1960 till 2017 (projected prospects with cyber faces).

So what I did was start a career mode in I think 2004 (the year the bobcats were introduced since prior to that you'd have less than 30 teams and it would glitch and each year I would add a new draft class starting from 1960 all the way to 2017. So I had a year long (real year) career mode all with real players. So damn cool.

Aside from that in 2k15 I have a roster where I'll make random players younger or older. I have rosters where I took all the legends and put them all into one big fantasy draft. I found a way to change the ages of the legend players and acted out a scenario where Michael Jordan comes out of retirement and plays for the Hornets. I like going in and making someone like Hasheem Thabeet a 19 year old kid with tons of potential to rewrite history.

I currently have over 600 hours logged in this game, still always think of a new thing to try. Its just sad its not as easy to mod as previous 2ks but at least we got the next ten treatment. Currently I have mods that add tattoos to all the rookies, cyber faces, drummond has no headband and Westbrook has the mask on. But its a shame this isn't possible anymore
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5f-EfXu_jic

That mod was so fun

Last edited by nickthemajin; 03-27-2015 at 06:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2015, 06:05 PM   #6
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickthemajin
Honestly the best thing I've ever done 2k related was in 2k14. I have the PC version so I got the ultimate base roster mod. The ultimate base roster mod includes every NBA season roster from 1960 till 2015. All cyberfaces and very accurate. It also includes every single draft class from 1960 till 2017 (projected prospects with cyber faces).

So what I did was start a career mode in I think 2004 (the year the bobcats were introduced since prior to that you'd have less than 30 teams and it would glitch and each year I would add a new draft class starting from 1960 all the way to 2017. So I had a year long (real year) career mode all with real players. So damn cool.

Aside from that in 2k15 I have a roster where I'll make random players younger or older. I have rosters where I took all the legends and put them all into one big fantasy draft. I found a way to change the ages of the legend players and acted out a scenario where Michael Jordan comes out of retirement and plays for the Hornets. I like going in and making someone like Hasheem Thabeet a 19 year old kid with tons of potential to rewrite history.

I currently have over 600 hours logged in this game, still always think of a new thing to try.
That is freaking dope.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:15 PM   #7
Banned

steelers99_58_36's Arena

OVR: 2

These seem to be pretty game breaking.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...Y02G90M26jRM4S
Old 03-27-2015, 06:17 PM   #8
Rookie