Home

2K Pro-Am in NBA 2K16?

This is a discussion on 2K Pro-Am in NBA 2K16? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Replicating the Playoffs Experience in NBA 2K24
TopSpin 2K25 Review - A Winning Return for the Series
Out Of The Park Baseball 25 Review: An Impressively Deep Managerial Experience
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 10:57 AM   #217
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: 2K Pro-Am in NBA 2K16?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTlFIED
3rd Option:

Leave MyPark as is (for open-world/spectating/real-time social environment). Leave the portal to the Rec as is, HOWEVER, you cannot enter the portal WITHOUT a full 5-Man team.

Also the Portal doesnt take you to another space, but ques up matchmaking. Once 2 teams are found, both team are automatically put on a court

Excellent idea. Love it.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:13 AM   #218
Trequartista

10's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I'm SURE they do - within reason. The problem is that the true signal to noise ratio to common complaints gets SO low, that even people that *agree* (as I do) stop listening. I can imagine most of the posts that complain with nothing more than shallow perspective (like those that just say, "Just give me lobbies") get immediately dismissed. Complaints don't help. Constructive feedback with complaints and suggestions that consider the goals of the feature itself would be of HIGH value, if you ask me.
You're right that its best to give a possible solution or feedback. There's a lot of exaggeration and negativity here sometimes but at the same time there's some really good posts and ideas on here that I think get overlooked, although it could just be confused with not acknowledged. That being said, some of the 2k guys come on her and pretty much exclusively reply to the bs posts. It was said before with the xbox one patch not dropping, but sometimes they come in here and hype the game but nothing else.

Quote:
I LOVE respectfully exchanging with people that actually read and considers differing points of views, and can even review on their own position and statements. You are one of those guys. Thanks man. It was that statement that I picked on. Thanks for recognizing it. But I knew what you meant. You're right - it doesn't NEED to be in a video game. But that doesn't mean it shouldn't either. At least, not for it's own sake. The waits are a byproduct of the persistent nature of the modes and, since it's only 2 years old, I'm willing to see how they work around that byproduct and STILL give us the persistent environment. I'm stubborn. These ideas excite me and I want to see it build and evolve. That's all I'm saying. I KNOW it's not perfect. The Rec Center wait times HAVE to go. But I've yet to hear any of the loud crowd come up ideas that gives us this AND shorter wait times.
I think for the most part we're in agreement that this was an innovative idea but just needs to be built upon and not completely removed. I'd love to see them add something like a twitter feed where people in the park can post things and see a mix of social media and playing. I think the guy who posted above me had a good idea that when 10 more people get on the got next spot in the rec it takes you to a 'different' court and you can play immediately.
Old 07-27-2015, 03:28 PM   #219
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

The idea for Rec isn't a bad one; it's the execution that's off.

There's just too many people in there at once and it lags and drops frames.

Even disregarding wait-times this isn't a good thing for any game.
How many times do you hear people argue over which game is graphically better, or which one has better fps?
It should be no different in 2K16. I want the game offline to be just as good graphically, and just as smooth online.
Occasional lag is one thing, but dropping frames because too many people are on at once is an unnecessary evil.

-Allen Iverson
Old 07-27-2015, 10:41 PM   #220
Rookie

iimrampage28's Arena

OVR: 2

I wouldn't mind the spectator aspect of the rec if it didn't make games on the court lag. Im with the idea of if you have 5 and you all enter the rec portal it queue's up matchmaking.

Los Angeles Lakers | New Orleans Saints | Boston Red Sox | Jackson State Tigers
Old 07-28-2015, 03:32 AM   #221
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTlFIED
3rd Option:

Leave MyPark as is (for open-world/spectating/real-time social environment). Leave the portal to the Rec as is, HOWEVER, you cannot enter the portal WITHOUT a full 5-Man team.

Also the Portal doesnt take you to another space, but ques up matchmaking. Once 2 teams are found, both team are automatically put on a court
So no spectators?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2015, 09:34 AM   #222
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KehliahoMauiFootball
So no spectators?
Nope Spectate in the park, or allow private recs that DONT give rep/VC.

Has to be a compromise somewhere. Why allow spectating if its going to make the on court players game suffer?
Old 07-28-2015, 05:43 PM   #223
Pro

Hopsin's Arena

I'm not sure if this has been suggested, but I would like to see the idea kind of like Rocket league.
Where like a poster said above you go the portal, but instead of Queuing up matchmaking. You load into a Court where you can practice dribble etc. until another squad loads up.

This in my opinion will give everyone the feel of matchmaking that we all want. And also throws the uniqueness 2K obviously wants to go for.

Basically Matchmaking non traditionally.
Old 07-28-2015, 06:34 PM   #224
Pro

Jhawkfootball06's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopsin
I'm not sure if this has been suggested, but I would like to see the idea kind of like Rocket league.
Where like a poster said above you go the portal, but instead of Queuing up matchmaking. You load into a Court where you can practice dribble etc. until another squad loads up.

This in my opinion will give everyone the feel of matchmaking that we all want. And also throws the uniqueness 2K obviously wants to go for.

Basically Matchmaking non traditionally.
I actually like this a lot. While your queuing up being sent to a court where it's a shootaround, then when other players load in they just appear on the court and they can shoot around also. Then when the court has enough people, the introductions start.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »