Home

NBA 2K16 Digital Short - Stephen Curry: Beyond the Shadows

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Digital Short - Stephen Curry: Beyond the Shadows within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-10-2015, 01:48 PM   #81
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Digital Short - Stephen Curry: Beyond the Shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
I dunno, this is all just seeming really pretentious to me. Most game companies spend 6 months hyping their game. I understand that 2k is on a yearly cycle. But just assuming you're still ahead of all the competition and that you're fan base is just going to automatically hop back on the bandwagon is not a sustainable business package. I'm not saying they're not going to make their money, but if they don't honestly believe that this year has tainted their image, a lot of people here would think they're crazy.

We haven't seen 30 seconds of this game yet and half this site pre-ordered months ago. I get it. We're bball heads. But they REALLY gotta show ME something in order to sell me on 16.

15 plays like absolute hot garbage after patch 4 but the competition is inferior so I'm actually re-installing right now after deleting it 2 days ago.

Just assuming that people aren't going to get tired of eating the same thing every day without changing the menu is not a good way to run a restaurant.
This is why in this industry... There must be substantial/threatening competition. I mean real deal contender.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2015, 01:48 PM   #82
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bo.jangles344
I dunno, this is all just seeming really pretentious to me. Most game companies spend 6 months hyping their game. I understand that 2k is on a yearly cycle. But just assuming you're still ahead of all the competition and that you're fan base is just going to automatically hop back on the bandwagon is not a sustainable business package. I'm not saying they're not going to make their money, but if they don't honestly believe that this year has tainted their image, a lot of people here would think they're crazy.

We haven't seen 30 seconds of this game yet and half this site pre-ordered months ago. I get it. We're bball heads. But they REALLY gotta show ME something in order to sell me on 16.

15 plays like absolute hot garbage after patch 4 but the competition is inferior so I'm actually re-installing right now after deleting it 2 days ago.

Just assuming that people aren't going to get tired of eating the same thing every day without changing the menu is not a good way to run a restaurant.

Thing is they do this EVERY year. And it works.

More companies should do it.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:54 PM   #83
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilley
Please not Reggie.

Exactly. I agree 100%

Back to the gameplay footage. That is a Curry form finally right not sure about speed but the actual form is right down to how his head is turns before release. I wonder if Steph motion captured multiple follow through after the shot. Really like the shot though

1. Heavy contested he almost always slides to the side almost falling to avoid contact. Really hard to really contest him off the live dribble

2. Very rarely he turns and goes up court when he know his shot is money as soon as he releases it.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:58 PM   #84
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW

What do you mean by 'it works'? People enjoy 2K, hence the sales. I don't think them delaying footage till a couple of weeks before helps them in anyway whatsoever.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:01 PM   #85
Banned

SlyNumb3r1's Arena

Hmm.. i gotta be honest now.. i dont wanna hate because i Love 2k and the Game will be Aamzing.. but Graphics look so much worse when u look at the first trailer from NBA 2K14 its not even a contest..

I mean this was the First Tease from 2K14 and it still looks like actual Real Life Footage.. the 2K16 stuff looks like Ps3 too me honestly.. is that just the Lightning?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADfjrh12L38

the Nets looks terrible and i never had anything to complain about the ''oversized'' jerseys.. i actually loved the Jersey Movements.. but those new ''tight'' Jerseys are taking any Movements away and i look just Bad imo..

I just hope this is very early Footage im very dissapointed by the Graphics
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2015, 02:08 PM   #86
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by getzmunney
This is why in this industry... There must be substantial/threatening competition. I mean real deal contender.
Oh no... I might get banned for talking about LIVE in a 2k thread but idc.

It's been 3 years since live came out again, you really think they haven't improved? Sure, it might take another year, but they're closer than they appear.

Sure, it may not have the following just yet. And to be clear, i haven't TOUCHED live since 06. But to say they're not even in the conversation is foolish.

They cut the race a little shorter this year and i think 2k is going to have to step it up in trying to convince us to stay. At least, i know for me.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:13 PM   #87
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I'm about to complete my bingo card just off this thread alone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2015, 02:14 PM   #88
Banned

bo.jangles344's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW

You obviously haven't played 2k for very long, or haven't been posting here very long.

They did NOT used to be the company they are today.

They gave us gameplay 2-3 months before it came out as of 12, 13, AND 14. They weren't full builds, but we had information at least about GAMEPLAY.

This year, and most of last year leading into 15 was very hush hush. I can see why for 15. The leap from 14 to 15 was probably the LEAST differentiated between previous release I've EVER seen. And the funny thing is, 15 PLAYED BETTER OUT OF THE BOX THAN IT DOES RIGHT NOW. That's horrible to think about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »