Home

NBA 2K16 Player Ratings - Top Rated Point Guards (UPDATED)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 Player Ratings - Top Rated Point Guards (UPDATED) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2015, 05:19 PM   #97
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 Player Ratings - Top 10 Point Guards

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGSW
I don't know how much you watched of the Warriors this year but Steph never ducked any defensive assignments. It used to be Klay or Dre on the other teams best perimeter guy but this year it was Steph 90% of the time. That was something Ron Adams and Steph talked about.

And yeah that stats will be bloated because he's on a team that is a top 5 defensive team in the league. But the improvements are legit.

People who think Steph is anything other than a plus defender are living in the past. He's above average now. For sure.

And he's definitely a better defender than Westbrook.

Here's a great breakdown of Steph's improvements (and the stats to back it)

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12...light-defender
Seem like he just tried more and took more chances defensively with the security his team gave him. I guess your point was better proven though.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:21 PM   #98
Just started!

I'm trying to get a crew together for Pro Am in NBA 2k16 on the PS4. I will be a pass first PG. Comment and/or hit my inbox if you are interested. Headset required. Games will be played starting typically around 12:30 am. :Two weeks before it drops, so lets get familiar with one another prior to launch. Tag: Sleep-Eat-Game
Old 09-17-2015, 05:28 PM   #99
MVP

OVR: 1
NBA 2K16 Player Ratings - Top 10 Point Guards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat_hits
Seem like he just tried more and took more chances defensively with the security his team gave him. I guess your point was better proven though.

Steph was more aggressive but he wasn't just gambling-- he was funneling players to spots and was working within GSW's defensive scheme. Being coached by Ron Adams and really wanting more defensive responsibilities didn't hurt.

It's why he shows up positive on defense while Westbrook shows up negative on a great defensive team. The latter actually does tend to gamble more backed by good defenders and seems more showy in his defensive "hustle" when his actual impact isn't very strong.

Last edited by Sundown; 09-17-2015 at 06:01 PM.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:35 PM   #100
MVP

NBA 2K16 Player Ratings - Top 10 Point Guards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Ticket
Westbrook is the best player on the list.
Of players under 90, maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YungGun
Steph is a 93 while Russ is a 89. Let that sink in...

/thinks

Yep, that's pretty much the exact ratings I gave both of them a few weeks back and completely consistent with their analytical impact through the 2014-2015 season.

I'm very impressed 2K didn't fall for the raw box score trap and the nonsensical MVP talk for an average efficiency player. He was still impactful on offense but was extremely easy to overrate.

Last edited by Sundown; 09-17-2015 at 05:59 PM.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:43 PM   #101
MVP

NBA 2K16 Player Ratings - Top 10 Point Guards (UPDATED)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhail92
I try not to get too caught up in ratings but I agree with most of these but man, what can Westbrook do more than what he did last year to get a 90 rating.
He could be a lot more efficient for one. His box score stats are sexy on a casual glance but his actual scoring is just league average efficiency on extremely high volume and has been that way his whole career.

Quote:
I'm curious to see who the second highest rated SG is behind harden.
I also will pull my hair out if PG or Leonard are rated higher than melo.

I would think the second highest SG would be Klay. Maybe somewhere around 87 or 86. Maybe Jimmy Butler. I expect a larger gap between the #1 and #2 spots at SG with Harden at 91 or 92.

I would absolutely have both Leonard and PG higher than Melo, who's also a mediocre efficiency, low defense player. Certainly Leonard. One can argue about downgrading PG for injuries but the same can be said for Melo, especially with Melo's seeming age/usage related.

Last edited by Sundown; 09-17-2015 at 06:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2015, 05:43 PM   #102
Just started!

It's always tough to get ratings right, but this looks about right. Sure some players could go up or down a little, but it's not terrible. I would hate to be doing the ratings though, not an easy gig.

I'm also glad there aren't too many 90 ratings. To me, being in the 90s is like being the absolute best. You don't want to over inflate players to being beyond what they are.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:03 PM   #103
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

I actually really like the list point guard wise, Curry is a little high but that's expected. Chris Paul should be equal or better, but it's whatever.

The only think I have a problem with is Curry only one point behind LeBron and ahead of KD.. I guess in reality it's not a big deal since ratings are position based, but it's still overrating him as a player despite winning the MVP award.
Old 09-17-2015, 06:08 PM   #104
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77

Updated the OP w/ more PG ratings.
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »