Home

10 Confirmed Colleges in NBA 2K16

This is a discussion on 10 Confirmed Colleges in NBA 2K16 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2015, 12:02 AM   #81
Rookie

Cam Fan's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVinylHippo
Okay, let me break this down for you:

There are nine confirmed teams and one unconfirmed team - allegedly. They can't use the NCAA trademarks but I'm assuming they're still going to follow the 64-team format, which goes 64-32-16-8-4-2. That means we're going to play from the Elite 8 and onward, which is three games for individual teams. I don't know about you or anyone else, but I'm not interested in playing a full season + an entire tournament against generated colleges like Vaseline Tech and Cocoa Butter State.
Don't break it down for me cause that's not what I meant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2015, 12:05 AM   #82
Rookie

Cam Fan's Arena

I wish people would let people have their own opinions and expectations . It is a social forum

Last edited by Cam Fan; 09-21-2015 at 12:13 AM.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:07 AM   #83
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: 9 Confirmed Colleges in NBA 2K16

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakers24
... BTW, does anyone know if we can edit the quarter length for these games kind of like we previously could for MyCareer or are they locked?
I really hope we can have the official 8 minute quarters for high school and the 20 minute halves (10 minute quarters?) for college.

Some people enjoy shorter games but for me it breaks the 4th wall of immersion and instead of playing basketball I play a video game.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:08 AM   #84
Rookie

LakerPride's Arena

Quote:

There are nine confirmed teams and one unconfirmed team - allegedly. They can't use the NCAA trademarks but I'm assuming they're still going to follow the 64-team format, which goes 64-32-16-8-4-2. Since there are "only" 9-10 teams we're going to play from the Elite 8 and onward, which is three games for individual teams. I don't know about you or anyone else, but I'm not interested in playing a full season + an entire tournament against generated colleges like Vaseline Tech and Cocoa Butter State.
I mean if they make it obvious like Tuscaloosa University for Alabama or University of Austin I'd be ok with it.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:09 AM   #85
Pro

Hopsin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxyyz1
I dont really see the point of a summer league 99% of my players will be starters for their respective squads and all star candidates lol ,unless your talking about after u come out of college which I would doubt it

I'm talking about after college, and it was already confirmed if I'm not mistaken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2015, 12:13 AM   #86
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasco West
I'm really curious about this too.

My guess is that we will play the other 9 teams and then something will happen. Your player will get hurt or be forced to forfeit the rest of the year somehow for the sake of the story. Either that or it'll just be the elite 8.

Hopefully they will expand on the NCAA thing...would be nice if we just had NCAA games
Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgunn240
Are we forced into being one and done players? I would love to spend 4 years in college and then enter the draft. The NBA and media has very little love for seniors. I want to become the best center in the game after the "experts" said that I have very little potential Left for growth.

Other genre games like shooters and RPG's always have gameplay and narrative discordance. With the introduction of the cinematic storyline into NBA 2K the narrative will most likely force you into the League early even if you're not a great player or just want to stay in school a while longer.

Quote:

There are nine confirmed teams and one unconfirmed team - allegedly. They can't use the NCAA trademarks but I'm assuming they're still going to follow the 64-team format, which goes 64-32-16-8-4-2. Since there are "only" 9-10 teams we're going to play from the Elite 8 and onward, which is three games for individual teams. I don't know about you or anyone else, but I'm not interested in playing a full season + an entire tournament against generated colleges like Vaseline Tech and Cocoa Butter State.
I don't know, I think that Vaseline Tech can make run to the sweet 16, they've got some pretty slippery dudes on the perimeter.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-21-2015, 12:13 AM   #87
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer
I really hope we can have the official 8 minute quarters for high school and the 20 minute halves (10 minute quarters?) for college.

Some people enjoy shorter games but for me it breaks the 4th wall of immersion and instead of playing basketball I play a video game.
Fully agree. Like having a more realistic experience with realistic stats

Where, it wouldn't seem realistic to end up being offered a top school scholarship or being a top 10 pick in the draft when you are only getting 10 points a game or ball hogging to get more touches in short time
Old 09-21-2015, 12:14 AM   #88
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopsin
I'm talking about after college, and it was already confirmed if I'm not mistaken.
I thought it was too but 2K's market strategy this year is to hype crap and not give the full picture of what is going on. I will not rant but I do wish there was a clear overview of everything.

As a result, nothing is clear to me. Having to rely on bootleg streams just to get an idea of reality is just wrong.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »