Home

Not being able to choose number in MC

This is a discussion on Not being able to choose number in MC within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-04-2016, 08:41 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Not being able to choose number in MC

But if you're re-creating Legend (retired)/current players, then it would make sense why you couldn't use their numbers (because they're unavailable). But that goes back to the original reply. In most cases people wouldn't care about jersey numbers that they wouldn't be wearing.

But if the number is already retired it would make sense why you couldn't use it.. Same reason why I couldn't wear 13 for the Pacers now as someone already wears it. And since you have to do this thru MC only there isn't a work around

Sent from my C6530N using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2016, 02:54 AM   #10
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaR@bLe
But if you're re-creating Legend (retired)/current players, then it would make sense why you couldn't use their numbers (because they're unavailable). But that goes back to the original reply. In most cases people wouldn't care about jersey numbers that they wouldn't be wearing.

But if the number is already retired it would make sense why you couldn't use it.. Same reason why I couldn't wear 13 for the Pacers now as someone already wears it. And since you have to do this thru MC only there isn't a work around

You guys are not understanding. Maybe it's because you don't really take your guy online or play MC to know how things work.

The number you select in MC, will be your number playing online as well. So if my # is 23. And I go online to buy a custom team jersey, it will say #23 and my last name. Also it applies in ProAm where you HAVE to wear jerseys.

He's saying his dude is retired, so he should be able to change his jersey number to whatever he likes since he's not in the league anymore. So if he played for the Bulls, but retired, he should be able to get #23 now because he's not on that team anymore. He's retired.

So his issue is, I am guessing, he likes changing his player name to, let's say Tracy Mcgrady and etc to recreate legends and he wants to bring them online. He can't get #1 because of the team that he was on BEFORE he retired isn't available. But since he is, he feels he should be able to select any number.

Personally, I think 2K should've left it how it was before where you can select any number besides what a current player is already wearing. And even if a player was wearing it, if you a great player you should have a option to buy it from that player with VC. But I hate you can't wear some retired numbers. I know it's realistic but something I don't think should be in the game. At least have it as an option. Because of teams like the Celtics damn near all the numbers are gone lol.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 01-05-2016 at 02:59 AM.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:58 AM   #11
Banned

19LloydBanks82's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
You guys are not understanding. Maybe it's because you don't really take your guy online or play MC to know how things work.

The number you select in MC, will be your number playing online as well. So if my # is 23. And I go online to buy a custom team jersey, it will say #23 and my last name. Also it applies in ProAm where you HAVE to wear jerseys.

He's saying his dude is retired, so he should be able to change his jersey number to whatever he likes since he's not in the league anymore. So if he played for the Bulls, but retired, he should be able to get #23 now because he's not on that team anymore. He's retired.

So his issue is, I am guessing, he likes changing his player name to, let's say Tracy Mcgrady and etc to recreate legends and he wants to bring them online. He can't get #1 because of the team that he was on BEFORE he retired isn't available. But since he is, he feels he should be able to select any number.

Personally, I think 2K should've left it how it was before where you can select any number besides what a current player is already wearing. And even if a player was wearing it, if you a great player you should have a option to buy it from that player with VC. But I hate you can't wear some retired numbers. I know it's realistic but something I don't think should be in the game. At least have it as an option. Because of teams like the Celtics damn near all the numbers are gone lol.
Thank you, finally someone gets it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2016, 03:26 PM   #12
Rookie

Always got it... Since those online modes are tied into MC nothing you can do when a number is already retired or in use by a current player. So didn't understand why it was so frustrating when that's how it is in real life anyway.

Old 01-05-2016, 03:33 PM   #13
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

I still don't believe you're understanding man.

He's retired. So he really no longer has a MC. He should be able to choose any number he wants in the gameplay settings since he isn't on a team.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »